Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Attackers that only really do the defensive duties. That's the issue I'm talking about. Yes, everyone loves what Mario does defensively, but Cuads also works his tail off but produces a bit more in attack because that's his natural position.

Definitely agree with the last part, however. It isn't all that difficult to ask attacking players to do a bit more work in tracking back and being a body in defense.
We have those? :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Attackers that only really do the defensive duties. That's the issue I'm talking about. Yes, everyone loves what Mario does defensively, but Cuads also works his tail off but produces a bit more in attack because that's his natural position.

Definitely agree with the last part, however. It isn't all that difficult to ask attacking players to do a bit more work in tracking back and being a body in defense.
Not only Mandzukic has scored very important goals both last and this season playing as a LWF, I also wrote previously that he is very often our go to person when we are pressed at the back and trying to get the ball out of our own half. It's hardly a defensive duty.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not only Mandzukic has scored very important goals both last and this season playing as a LWF, I also wrote previously that he is very often our go to person when we are pressed at the back and trying to get the ball out of our own half. It's hardly a defensive duty.
He is a threat at the back post when making runs waiting for service from the other side but that’s not what I’m talking about. After I said we used to have two wingers that were essentially very direct with the ball, I said Mario really isn’t. His defensive duties are fantastic but he neeeds to confribue more offensively than the occasional back post goal. Look how useful he was in attack last weekend. We really need an aerial threat in the box because we aren’t really a team that moves the ball well in the box as we see countless times we get that far only to have very few useful ideas. His hold up play/playing in other players is really useful as well.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He is a threat at the back post when making runs waiting for service from the other side but that’s not what I’m talking about. After I said we used to have two wingers that were essentially very direct with the ball, I said Mario really isn’t. His defensive duties are fantastic but he neeeds to confribue more offensively than the occasional back post goal. Look how useful he was in attack last weekend. We really need an aerial threat in the box because we aren’t really a team that moves the ball well in the box as we see countless times we get that far only to have very few useful ideas. His hold up play/playing in other players is really useful as well.
but he does

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sure. But we need more. We have zero ideas on the left side especially with Sandro a shadow of himself.

Add to that, cuadrado is a hit or miss as people have noted which makes us easier to predict. Mario is not really someone you want to depend on unlocking defense. I wouldn’t care as much if he could get into better positions to cross because I know he can do that. He is a predator in the box as his striker instincts show from his back post goals (and last weekend performance show) but on the touch line not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

As a team if we aren’t focused on delivery from the wings we need to be able to play through the middle more in any case

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Well, the truth is somewhere in between. Mandzukic hasn't been at his best this season either so it might have an effect on your opinion and that's totally fine.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sure. But we need more. We have zero ideas on the left side especially with Sandro a shadow of himself.

Add to that, cuadrado is a hit or miss as people have noted which makes us easier to predict. Mario is not really someone you want to depend on unlocking defense. I wouldn’t care as much if he could get into better positions to cross because I know he can do that. He is a predator in the box as his striker instincts show from his back post goals (and last weekend performance show) but on the touch line not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

As a team if we aren’t focused on delivery from the wings we need to be able to play through the middle more in any case
sadly, Ronaldo and the likes arent available to us ;)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
if Ronaldo cares about winning more than about money, he should come here actually. we gonna win 3 CLs

- - - Updated - - -

i read he and Ramos are fighting for supremacy in the lockerroom

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
if Ronaldo cares about winning more than about money, he should come here actually. we gonna win 3 CLs

- - - Updated - - -

i read he and Ramos are fighting for supremacy in the lockerroom
As much as C.Ronaldo is a money and respect whore Ramos is just despicable! On top of my least loved players

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Nedved could also attack, take defenders on, cross, shoot, cut in...he could pretty much do it all. He could literally do everything with either his left foot or right foot. Camo as well. Why have defending wingers for attacking positions? Completely limits your attack.
I miss them so much :sad:
So much flair and fancy with an equal amount of grinta.
Camo is my favorite winger of all times.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. he's one of them:(only if your name is Hustini though)

Such a shame that this gorgeous goal brings back some dreadful memories

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
:agree:

Also Cuads is Mauro's heir, he just needs to better his decision making and score more golazos.
Camoranesi?! Camoranesi is twice as good as Cuad is... He might not be as fast as Cuad but he has great ball control and is an assist machine

Calciomercato is linking us with Filipe Luis (as A.Sandro`s replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)