Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Mascherano - I think we don't have anything better and we do need a defensive minded midfield so I wouldn't call it a bad transfer although we do need some stability at the back so should we sign Summer?! after all he has CL title in his resume (97)

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You do realise past season in UCL against Barca, they had Mascherano as DM and was arguably one of theyr worst performers against Juve or any other world-class sides? As much as i like Mascherano, this transfer is a couple of years too late if it really is to happen, he is still a decent player but a slow one this days and nowhere near what we need in midfield, only reason i'd see us going for him is his versatility which can help both as CB and DM but seriously now, Mascherano is not the player that used to be...

I woudnt be too happy about it tbh, especially when i think about our mercatto strategies so far the only thing that comes to mind is that a free buy like Mascherano would result most probably in no other quality reinforcements in midfield... :sick:
Barcelona and Juventus are different clubs with opposite philosophies. ofcourse we wont leave Mascherano exposed like they did vs us

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Barcelona and Juventus are different clubs with opposite philosophies. ofcourse we wont leave Mascherano exposed like they did vs us
I wont disagree with you on that matter because is true, even tho i still believe we already have enough defensive minded CM's in the team... what really worries me is the last part of what i talked about in my previous post which is not that i don't rate Mascherano, is just i dont believe at his age he still is what is needed to reinforce this squad.

This part...
I woudnt be too happy about it tbh, especially when i think about our mercatto strategies so far the only thing that comes to mind is that a free buy like Mascherano would result most probably in no other quality reinforcements in midfield... :sick:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I wont disagree with you on that matter because is true, even tho i still believe we already have enough defensive minded CM's in the team... what really worries me is the last part of what i talked about in my previous post which is not that i don't rate Mascherano, is just i dont believe at his age he still is what is needed to reinforce this squad.

This part...

I woudnt be too happy about it tbh, especially when i think about our mercatto strategies so far the only thing that comes to mind is that a free buy like Mascherano would result most probably in no other quality reinforcements in midfield...:sick:
well we were gonna sign Emre Can most likely, now that that seems to be off, we could simply be looking at a different cheap DM, which Mascherano is. if Emre Can was to be our only midfield reinforcement, then id rather have Mascherano for 2 years anyway, and then bring in Mandragora after that. id be happy if we keep everyone this summer, bring in Caldara, Spinazzola, maybe De Vrij, sign Mascherano and spend on a great RB finally.

another thing, look how Heynckes rejuvenated Martinez by moving him back to DM (@bayernfan can confirm), Mascherano paired with Pjanic in a team like ours will bring the best out of him again

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
well we were gonna sign Emre Can most likely, now that that seems to be off, we could simply be looking at a different cheap DM, which Mascherano is. if Emre Can was to be our only midfield reinforcement, then id rather have Mascherano for 2 years anyway, and then bring in Mandragora after that. id be happy if we keep everyone this summer, bring in Caldara, Spinazzola, maybe De Vrij, sign Mascherano and spend on a great RB finally.

another thing, look how Heynckes rejuvenated Martinez by moving him back to DM (@bayernfan can confirm), Mascherano paired with Pjanic in a team like ours will bring the best out of him again
I'm a HUGE Mascherano fan, I wanted him reunited with his BFF Tevez, even after Tevez left I wanted him here still, when he left Liverpool I was begging for him. But is too late, we can't have another Anelka case.

Mascherano's role heavily relies on his athletic capabilites, he just doesn't have it anymore. Sure his reading of the game might still be excellent but he just won't be able to keep up.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Maybe random here but I hope we don't get Can no matter how favorable the terms. I so sick and tired of reading article after article about this guy coming to Juve. If he's reading any of it, no doubt he'll demand top wages and honestly I don't see him being that must have missing piece to future Juve success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)