Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
There are players who get to clubs and slowly their quality is less shown with time - Then they go to another club and their quality is shown
I believe this is the case with Ozil and Di Maria
Di Maria will show it in the world cup but Ozil will only show it if he moves to a great club
P.S Ozil still got 9 assists and 8 goals in EPL last season (and 4G 3A from 7 games in CL) so even if these numbers are not bad just imagine what he could do with a new environment...
Di Maria got 6G 7A in France last season which also isn't bad and we could definitely use someone like him in our team - Just tell me you think he isn't better than Costa...
This year Di Maria didn't play much but his numbers are still there... 6games 3Assists while in CL 1 game 1 assist

It seems to me my evaluation is ok but its you and others who have a short memory

- - - Updated - - -

Ozil is still better than all of our options in midfield except Pjanic (and Dybala if you consider him as a midfielder)

- - - Updated - - -

I hope I don't need to write De Bruyne`s statistics as its quite obvious he is in the top 5 best assist players in Europe...
The thing with Di Maria and Ozil is that they don't care anymore. They just want the fat paycheck. Ozil has been shite for Arsenal yet he demands a salary increase. Di Maria went to Utd first and then to PSG which also tells you a thing. Huge decrease from CL winning Madrid where he wasn't starving either. It's not 2010 anymore when we had to look for such "opportunities". Instead of investing huge amounts on such garbage I'd rather put it in some young prospects.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The thing with Di Maria and Ozil is that they don't care anymore. They just want the fat paycheck. Ozil has been $#@!e for Arsenal yet he demands a salary increase. Di Maria went to Utd first and then to PSG which also tells you a thing. Huge decrease from CL winning Madrid where he wasn't starving either. It's not 2010 anymore when we had to look for such "opportunities". Instead of investing huge amounts on such garbage I'd rather put it in some young prospects.

I disagree - Di Maria has been great at Real and his sale looked dubious at the time given what he did for them..
When you play at the wrong team it makes you look careless so maybe a change of scenario could change that..
Davids for Milan wasn't exactly WC
Cannavaro for Inter was a joke and when we swapped Carini for Cannavaro it first looked like a young talented GK for a washed up defender and then Carini showed he isn't going to get any better while Cannavaro not only got back to the form of his Parma days but even got better and was simply amazing for us
Ozil and Di Maria - potential is there!
Ozil for a fee - I agree that's a risk BUT Ozil on a free is different and might be worth it
As for Di Maria we currently have enough wingers so either we get him on a good deal (up to 30M) or we should forget about him as he isn't a 20 year old kid anymore...
As for De Bruyne we can wish but City aren't going to let him go

- - - Updated - - -

$#@! Can, get Goretzka.
Can for free is a great signing as he is better than you might think (reports say City might overtake us)
Goretzka will be a great signing but we all know he is going to be a great signing for Bayern...

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The thing with Di Maria and Ozil is that they don't care anymore. They just want the fat paycheck. Ozil has been shite for Arsenal yet he demands a salary increase. Di Maria went to Utd first and then to PSG which also tells you a thing. Huge decrease from CL winning Madrid where he wasn't starving either. It's not 2010 anymore when we had to look for such "opportunities". Instead of investing huge amounts on such garbage I'd rather put it in some young prospects.

:tup:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I disagree - Di Maria has been great at Real and his sale looked dubious at the time given what he did for them..
When you play at the wrong team it makes you look careless so maybe a change of scenario could change that..
Davids for Milan wasn't exactly WC
Cannavaro for Inter was a joke and when we swapped Carini for Cannavaro it first looked like a young talented GK for a washed up defender and then Carini showed he isn't going to get any better while Cannavaro not only got back to the form of his Parma days but even got better and was simply amazing for us
Ozil and Di Maria - potential is there!
Ozil for a fee - I agree that's a risk BUT Ozil on a free is different and might be worth it
As for Di Maria we currently have enough wingers so either we get him on a good deal (up to 30M) or we should forget about him as he isn't a 20 year old kid anymore...
As for De Bruyne we can wish but City aren't going to let him go

- - - Updated - - -

Can for free is a great signing as he is better than you might think (reports say City might overtake us)
Goretzka will be a great signing but we all know he is going to be a great signing for Bayern...
Both Ozil and Di Maria wage demands are huge. They would be top earners here and wanting at least 4yr deals. Is worth the risk? I don't think so. You keep saying about that change of scenery but Di Maria did it twice and it did not help him. Why would it this time?

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Either Ozil or Di Maria as they slide out of their prime on expensive wages is a bad idea. Both could also require a formation change or sorts as our current attacking mindset doesn't support their style at all. Also, them arriving would make another high earner on our team pointless.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I dont think that forward third is the issue. Allegri just hasnt found the right formula. Bernadeschi and Costa need more time and consistency. Dybala and higuain will benefit once they are firing.

Midfield and right back are key.

SMS would be key at a high price. Bentancur developing is important also.
Caldara and Spinazzola also help us long term but right back is still questionable. Is Lirola worth the try? Not playing much lately though.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I dont think that forward third is the issue. Allegri just hasnt found the right formula. Bernadeschi and Costa need more time and consistency. Dybala and higuain will benefit once they are firing.

Midfield and right back are key.

SMS would be key at a high price. Bentancur developing is important also.
Caldara and Spinazzola also help us long term but right back is still questionable. Is Lirola worth the try? Not playing much lately though.
Caldara is very promising
Spinazzola has some good qualities even if he is not A.Sandro as his agent suggested...
Lirola - I dont think he is Juve quality (at least not as a starter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)