Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It lasted longer than I imagined but this is finally the year our cheap as fuck spending habbits and open door selling policy has finally taken its toll. The core of the squad that was keeping us together have regressed with age (Unavoidable) but instead of replacing them we try and penny pinch and spend 20M/season net despite the best players costing in excess of £100,000,000 now :lol:

Of course we can't do a PSG but we can absolutely keep our best players, rotate the bench options and add 1 major signing every Summer with our own cash. But that wouldn't be a nice business model would it?

Allegri has to go too tbh, playing some god awful football under him and I'd be surprised if we pass the R16 unless we either get a lucky draw or we Chelsea our way to a CL final. Which would make it all worth it, but it's a long shot.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
We are still so behind the big teams in europe. Although our defence seems to be weak the fact that we are not finishing the chances we create shows that offesnively we are still lacking.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
we are so frustrating on the clinical side of things in the box

cuadrado should have buried that shot today. would have changed the game. mario taking too long to take a shot if he even takes it. higauin shot everything into a defender (should have scored that bernie pass at the beginning)

when you have 4 attacking players all shooting blanks like that, not sure what the solution is. we can't even get any scrappy goals like their 2nd goal today.

not sure what we can add this summer to address this

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015
It lasted longer than I imagined but this is finally the year our cheap as $#@! spending habbits and open door selling policy has finally taken its toll. The core of the squad that was keeping us together have regressed with age (Unavoidable) but instead of replacing them we try and penny pinch and spend 20M/season net despite the best players costing in excess of £100,000,000 now :lol:

Of course we can't do a PSG but we can absolutely keep our best players, rotate the bench options and add 1 major signing every Summer with our own cash. But that wouldn't be a nice business model would it?

Allegri has to go too tbh, playing some god awful football under him and I'd be surprised if we pass the R16 unless we either get a lucky draw or we Chelsea our way to a CL final. Which would make it all worth it, but it's a long shot.
i agree 100% with you, Allegri is good, but he has capped at his maximum with us, he won't take us anywhere else and CL and we are playing non-creative footie with him, we have great creative players but no plays Mandzu and Cuadrado on the wings instead.... smh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)