Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2007
But that is not who we sold. If we replaced Barza with Caceres thats fine. But Benatia you replace with an equal quality player. Or atleast good enough to start for mid-top table clubs
So you are concerned that 3 cbs go down and we play Caceres in the Champions league? Or are you concerned our lack of depth will cost us the league? The right replacement will be here in June when we can pay the right amount of money for a quality player that you speak of. Until then I highly doubt anyone is worried about either one of these things happening and this isnt some like for like scenario

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Seeing as we are undefeated in 14 matches (13 wins - 1 draw) against the top teams of Serie A with Rugani starting in 3 years... and we've managed to lose to Napoli, Inter, Milan, Roma, and Lazio with Benatia starting in the last 2 years...

:shifty:
Tell that to Allegri who kept playing Benatia in the CL. Also thats a stupid and incomplete argument

- - - Updated - - -

So you are concerned that 3 cbs go down and we play Caceres in the Champions league? Or are you concerned our lack of depth will cost us the league? The right replacement will be here in June when we can pay the right amount of money for a quality player that you speak of. Until then I highly doubt anyone is worried about either one of these things happening and this isnt some like for like scenario
3 CBs? Its enough that one goes down and youre left with Rugani making his CL KO debut/Corpseres playing. The next goes down/picks up a suspension, you play both. Its simply a downgrade and could cost us the season

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So what exactly are you worried about? Not the league obviously so just the chance that 2 cbs go down in the CL? Even if that happens we would have Barza who isnt that bad.
Barza is finished, as is Caceres. The league was won in september, who the fuck worries about that? Its all about the CL and i hope we have Chiellini and Bonucci available for all games

Apr 19, 2007
Barza is finished, as is Caceres. The league was won in september, who the fuck worries about that? Its all about the CL and i hope we have Chiellini and Bonucci available for all games
I liked Benatia but clearly there was an issue with him and his departure most likely wont be noticed in the littlest bit unless like I said 2 cbs go down in the CL. Thats not a reason to be scared or to keep a disgruntled player or overspend for a "proper" midtable cb for 6 months

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I liked Benatia but clearly there was an issue with him and his departure most likely wont be noticed in the littlest bit unless like I said 2 cbs go down in the CL. Thats not a reason to be scared or to keep a disgruntled player or overspend for a "proper" midtable cb for 6 months
Most likely in your opinion. But we are relying on Bonucci and Chiellini staying available and on their A game throghout the KO stage now. That wasnt the case when Benatia was here

Apr 19, 2007
Most likely in your opinion. But we are relying on Bonucci and Chiellini staying available and on their A game throghout the KO stage now. That wasnt the case when Benatia was here
I think Max believes Rugani can be just as good as do I. Maybe you dont. Someone who isnt happy and wants out isnt in a good state of mind to step in anyways. Especially when hes looking to go. As soon as he wanted out Rugani became a more stable CB to me

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Bonucci "b" game and Chiellini "c" game > Benatia "a" game

- - - Updated - - -

I think Max believes Rugani can be just as good as do I. Maybe you dont. Someone who isnt happy and wants out isnt in a good state of mind to step in anyways. Especially when hes looking to go. As soon as he wanted out Rugani became a more stable CB to me
Rugani can be far better. He's not there yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he shows his class down the home stretch of this season, just like he did last year.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think Rugani should be starting ahead of Bonucci already but i dont think Max sees it that way. And he has shown hesitance to use him in the CL before already. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him get the chance vs Atletico and take it, because he theoretically eliminates the single defensive weakness we have with Bonucci starting. Lets see what Max decides

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Disagree. First priority should be to do whatever we can to have the best CB of upcoming generation for the next decade and a half.
Chiellini is the best CB of the 2010s decade (in my opinion), and yet he has zero CL trophies while Ramos, Varane, Pepe and Pique have three/four. Typically, centrebacks don’t influence games like midfielders and forwards do.

With a stacked midfield to support our already stacked forward line, we can easily win the CL with merely “good” centrebacks like Rugani instead of a generational talent like De Ligt.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have De Ligt here, but he isn’t worth the rumoured price.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Chiellini is the best CB of the 2010s decade (in my opinion), and yet he has zero CL trophies while Ramos, Varane, Pepe and Pique have three/four. Typically, centrebacks don’t influence games like midfielders and forwards do.

With a stacked midfield to support our already stacked forward line, we can easily win the CL with merely “good” centrebacks like Rugani instead of a generational talent like De Ligt.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have De Ligt here, but he isn’t worth the rumoured price.
That's a pretty bad comparison. Put a great forwards in an average team and he won't win the CL. You need a complete and stacked team to win it, and even then some teams that were didn't win it

I'd say De Ligt is absolutely worth having in our team regardless of the transfer fee

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

That's because those teams had Messi-Suarez-Neymar in their primes attack, plus Iniesta in support. Or Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Henry-Eto'o... Or Ronaldo-Bale-Benzema-Modric-Kroos etc.

We don't have the attack to match Barca's, nor the midfield to match Real Madrid's even if we sign some high potential young guy like Ndombele. TO match Madrid's midfield we'd have to sign Ndombele + Pogba/Saul, and that is never going to happen. To match Barca's attack we'd have to bring in Mbappe or Neymar to play with Ronaldo + Dybala.

Our best bet is having a well-rounded team in all departments with lots of depth. If we could afford it, signing Ndombele +De Ligt + Ramsey this summer, and leaving our attack as is, would be brilliant. Unfortunately, there is no way we can afford that without a major sale.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Let's not miss out on the Mbappe of CB's

The fact that we are even in contention for him shows how far we have come as a club. When you have a chance to sign an elite talent regardless of the position, you just do it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That's because those teams had Messi-Suarez-Neymar in their primes attack, plus Iniesta in support. Or Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Henry-Eto'o... Or Ronaldo-Bale-Benzema-Modric-Kroos etc.

We don't have the attack to match Barca's, nor the midfield to match Real Madrid's even if we sign some high potential young guy like Ndombele. TO match Madrid's midfield we'd have to sign Ndombele + Pogba/Saul, and that is never going to happen. To match Barca's attack we'd have to bring in Mbappe or Neymar to play with Ronaldo + Dybala.

Our best bet is having a well-rounded team in all departments with lots of depth. If we could afford it, signing Ndombele +De Ligt + Ramsey this summer, and leaving our attack as is, would be brilliant. Unfortunately, there is no way we can afford that without a major sale.
We can and we will Bro.

Mbappe in 2021, and Pogba in 2023. Just you wait and see :tuttosport:

Pogba will be 28 by then, and Mbappe with his best years ahead of him. Lord help our opponents :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)