Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Barzagli is one step away from retirement. I think we can't rely on him anymore.

Rugani, Chiellini, and Bonucci. That means we're down to 3 CBs. Benatia is probably leaving after this season, so even if we bring in Romero (who's probably going to spend next season on loan @ Genoa), we're going to be incredibly short in that department. Chiellini isn't getting any younger and is injury prone (he's still a beast tho) and Bonucci is as unreliable as they come. Let's say we get De Ligt. That still leaves us with 4 CBs, which might still not be enough. I'm afraid Sandro might have to be sacrificed if the Marcelo rumors are true.

In midfield, I'd seriously consider selling Pjanic if we want to upgrade beyond Ramsey (provided we can't make good money on those sales I mentioned earlier). Khedira should be gone come season's end too.

In attack, we should maintain status quo, and then go for a super talent in 2020.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
That hurts. But fair.

- - - Updated - - -

That still leaves us with 4 CBs, which might still not be enough.
I expect De Sciglio to be occasionally used as a CB too. He's got everything necessary for that position and will probably never be good enough as a fullback, so it seems like a natural direction of professional development for him.
I'm afraid Sandro might have to be sacrificed if the Marcelo rumors are true.
Frankly, Marcelo is not a very good defender. He's a world class attacking player who's happened to play in defense. I believe, if he comes to Juventus, he will join the attack, not the defense. Which would also be exactly what Ronaldo probably want.

Hence they don't look mutually exclusive with Alex Sandro.
In attack, we should maintain status quo, and then go for a super talent in 2020.
:tup:

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Barzagli is one step away from retirement. I think we can't rely on him anymore.

Rugani, Chiellini, and Bonucci. That means we're down to 3 CBs. Benatia is probably leaving after this season, so even if we bring in Romero (who's probably going to spend next season on loan @ Genoa), we're going to be incredibly short in that department. Chiellini isn't getting any younger and is injury prone (he's still a beast tho) and Bonucci is as unreliable as they come. Let's say we get De Ligt. That still leaves us with 4 CBs, which might still not be enough. I'm afraid Sandro might have to be sacrificed if the Marcelo rumors are true.

In midfield, I'd seriously consider selling Pjanic if we want to upgrade beyond Ramsey (provided we can't make good money on those sales I mentioned earlier). Khedira should be gone come season's end too.

No more selling our best midfielders. Let us build a world class midfield before even thinking of selling Pjanic.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Higuain has completed his medical at Chelsea.

Needs to be registered before 2pm to enable him to play in the 2nd leg of a cup tie against Tottenham tomorrow.

What terms have we agreed with Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)