Winter Mercato 2024 (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
You kid, but its excellent to target Balkan players, they tend to be dynamic, both big physically and athletic while being technical and creative. Plus most importantly less hyped and cheaper.

Good market of players to go after.
In Lazar's case, physicality doesn't seem to be his forte. It's not like I watch him play and it's my own analysis (@Lion) but I read an opinion of him on VS and the person said that while he's very sound technically, the lack of explosiveness might be the reason why he'll never become a great mezz'ala and if he's to achieve greatness it would be as a regista or in a double pivot role.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In Lazar's case, physicality doesn't seem to be his forte. It's not like I watch him play and it's my own analysis (@Lion) but I read an opinion of him on VS and the person said that while he's very sound technically, the lack of explosiveness might be the reason why he'll never become a great mezz'ala and if he's to achieve greatness it would be as a regista or in a double pivot role.
It's a fair point but someone like Marchisio was never really explosive either. He could run all day but that's a different thing.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
From a superstitious pov, I don't suggest us signing creative/attacking midfielder this season. Just look at Pogba and Fagioli. Maybe we should leave till summer mercato.:p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I don't mean he or they all fast. But he is a big and strong guy for a playmaker type. Not diminutive.

Plus for that central creative playmaker role they don't rely on speed, they rely on quick thinking and passing. And smart timed runs.

When I seen him play he didn't strike me as an all action attacking mezzala either. More of a SMS type. Minus the tackling.

But CMs/AMs in general last thing you look at is their speed, it's more about acceleration or agility at best.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
With Rabiot and Loca starting defensive contribution, or lack of, isnt that big of an issue. We need creativity, and he has that. My problem is theyre doing this just as Miretti seems to be figuring things out. Depth is always a good thing and Samardzic is young too, it just sucks for Miretti and his development.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
With Rabiot and Loca starting defensive contribution, or lack of, isnt that big of an issue. We need creativity, and he has that. My problem is theyre doing this just as Miretti seems to be figuring things out. Depth is always a good thing and Samardzic is young too, it just sucks for Miretti and his development.
He will end up in some weird position, not Miretti's. Probably as SS

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We need depth, next season all being well being in Europe we need that depth more so.

Regarding Rabiot I fear we won't be able to renew him now we don't have the growth decree, even if Rabiot and Samardzic are 2 different players

- - - Updated - - -

For what it's worth, mombly says Udinese delegation are meeting Juve for a January transfer.

In another words it's not happening thanks alot Momblano

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)