Winter mercato 2022 (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Have to say not seen a lot of Scamacca but his highlights aren’t particularly impressive. He’s scored less goals than Kean in the last 2 seasons and is older. Certainly not the answer to any of our questions
The ball literally bounces off Kean when he's trying to be a target man. And now he's on the wing because of that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Have to say not seen a lot of Scamacca but his highlights aren’t particularly impressive. He’s scored less goals than Kean in the last 2 seasons and is older. Certainly not the answer to any of our questions
When you have 1 or 2 established strikers scoring goals, Scamacca would be a nice option as a young player to develop.

When you have scoring issues, adding a guy who have never scored more than 10 goals in a season to be your main striker doesn't seem like a great idea. Especially for 40m.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
When you have 1 or 2 established strikers scoring goals, Scamacca would be a nice option as a young player to develop.

When you have scoring issues, adding a guy who have never scored more than 10 goals in a season to be your main striker doesn't seem like a great idea. Especially for 40m.
I would never pay 40M. But if you start paying only for past production then you will end up with the Icardis of the world. 14 goals in 2200 Serie A minutes for Genoa/Sassuolo is not bad.

I really wish we took him for 5M from Ascoli. Half this forum would have done it. I'm probably the most optimistic one here on Scamacca but 40M , fuck me.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Really he is going to be another gamble having already signed kean.But that is the risk with most of the young players kulusevski looked like a world beater at parma even though most of his performances came mostly in the first half of the season but has struggled at juve.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I would never pay 40M. But if you start paying only for past production then you will end up with the Icardis of the world. 14 goals in 2200 Serie A minutes for Genoa/Sassuolo is not bad.

I really wish we took him for 5M from Ascoli. Half this forum would have done it. I'm probably the most optimistic one here on Scamacca but 40M , fuck me.
Really he is going to be another gamble having already signed kean.But that is the risk with most of the young players kulusevski looked like a world beater at parma even though most of his performances came mostly in the first half of the season but has struggled at juve.
That's the big issue. We really can't afford such a risky move at the moment. We don't have the budget and our squad badly needs a certainty.

I'm not saying we should sign someone purely because they once hit 25 goals in a season but to sign a guy who hasn't ever really made their mark over a season for big money seems crazy just now given our issues.

As @MikeM says, the time to do it was at 5m. It would be the sort of move we did with Marotta, getting in early like on Gabbiadini and Zaza. Neither worked out but they were low risk moves. The ship has sailed and the numbers are so high that the next time to make a move is once he has proven something, at least over 1 season. The cost/risk is too high at the moment and could easily end up with a another Kulu situation. I don't dislike Scamacca but I think he isn't ready for a big move yet, it is too early.

We can't get the next few windows wrong. Scamacca as our main striker is nuts.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
”I have decided to reveal the name that Juve are dealing with at the moment: Lacazette . He wants Juventus. I am in daily contact with his agent, and the conversation is there. And in my opinion it would also be a good buy. "

[Balzarini, youtube] (via Nonsolojuve)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The ball literally bounces off Kean when he's trying to be a target man. And now he's on the wing because of that.
So a chap that the ball literally bounces off is more prolific than scamacca. If that’s an argument to sign scamacca it’s not a very good one!

Scamacca at 5-10m last year I agree would have been a good move and worthwhile but at the numbers being quoted he would just be another big money mistake

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
”I have decided to reveal the name that Juve are dealing with at the moment: Lacazette . He wants Juventus. I am in daily contact with his agent, and the conversation is there. And in my opinion it would also be a good buy. "

[Balzarini, youtube] (via Nonsolojuve)
We were worried about scamacca having scored only 5 goals Lacazette has scored three goals this season plus he is already 30.This is going from bad to worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)