Willy Sagnol (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zebina is an inconsistent player who usually prefers to use his muscles then his brain. I was completely with selling him before the start of the current campaign, and my theory was proved to be true at the beginning of the season.
But Zebina barely played in the beginning of the season due to various reasons, one of which was injury. I'm not sure what your theory was and how it's proven by an injury.

In no way is Grygera a better right-back than Zebina. Sure, the latter isn't the best right-back in the world, but he's still good. 25,000 times better than the fool on the opposite flank.

I see that Ranieri preferred Zebina over Grygera in many matches this season, not because the former was simply better but because the latter was placed mainly at the centre defence (out of his position)
But the center is Grygera's position...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
But Zebina barely played in the beginning of the season due to various reasons, one of which was injury. I'm not sure what your theory was and how it's proven by an injury.

In no way is Grygera a better right-back than Zebina. Sure, the latter isn't the best right-back in the world, but he's still good. 25,000 times better than the fool on the opposite flank.
I remember that we started the season with Zebina on the right flank, then Zebina was sent off against Cagliari and we faced some instability in our centre defence due to the reasons you know. Then Zebina returned from the suspension and Ranieri opted to depend on him again.

The theory that I was talking about was him being a hothead. Against Cagliari for example we needed him badly, but the guy couldn't help.

I don't know what special things some people do see in Zebina more than him being solid and sometimes a quick dribbler when he finds spaces. On the other hand and in my humble opinion, Grygera, despite being a bit slow, has better crosses, also a solid defender and has a heavy leg.

But the center is Grygera's position...
I don't remember watching him playing in the centre neither with Ajax nor with Czech.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
good point :)

but Sagnol was serously going to join us but then renewed with Bayern
Yes, I know, and as highly I rated him in the past I don't wand to see him at Juve now either, even on a free transfer. Unlike Sissoko, his best years passed by and he can't put our team to a noticeably higher level, I think, even if he's a bit better than Zebina actually.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
i honestly don't think sagnol is any better than zebina. Defending in Bundesliga is quite different than defending in serie-a. And zebina, even if he had his 'bad days' performed decent thorughout his career at juve imo. Sometimes better, sometimes a little less good, but all in all decent. Sagnol is a troublemaker, he just came back from a serious injury, he's 31 (soon to be 32 if i remember correctly); what the heck should we do with him? By the time he'd have adapted to serie-a and our system he'll have to retire again. Hands off please. there is no effing way i'd take him, even for free

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i honestly don't think sagnol is any better than zebina. Defending in Bundesliga is quite different than defending in serie-a. And zebina, even if he had his 'bad days' performed decent thorughout his career at juve imo. Sometimes better, sometimes a little less good, but all in all decent. Sagnol is a troublemaker, he just came back from a serious injury, he's 31 (soon to be 32 if i remember correctly); what the heck should we do with him? By the time he'd have adapted to serie-a and our system he'll have to retire again. Hands off please. there is no effing way i'd take him, even for free
Sagnol is better than Zebina, until last year he was one of the finest rightbacks in europe.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
I don't remember watching him playing in the centre neither with Ajax nor with Czech.
True. Grygera is originally a right-back, he has been playing in the centre only in the last 2-3 years. But before that, he played RB both with the NT and with Ajax.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
RB is not a priority. We will have 4-5 players that can play RB next season (Zebina, Grygera, Sali, and Melberg and if Biri stays then it's 5) none of them are world beaters but they get the job done. right now LB and both our wings are our weakest positions on the pitch.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
on what basis are people saying that Zebina is better than Sagnol? Zebina has never done anything to show that he is ahead of Sagnol in any department...Zebby isn't even a natural RB!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
zebby isn't even a football player.

see what I did there folks? :D (only people who understand Arabic will get this)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I remember that we started the season with Zebina on the right flank, then Zebina was sent off against Cagliari and we faced some instability in our centre defence due to the reasons you know. Then Zebina returned from the suspension and Ranieri opted to depend on him again.

The theory that I was talking about was him being a hothead. Against Cagliari for example we needed him badly, but the guy couldn't help.

I don't know what special things some people do see in Zebina more than him being solid and sometimes a quick dribbler when he finds spaces. On the other hand and in my humble opinion, Grygera, despite being a bit slow, has better crosses, also a solid defender and has a heavy leg.

Mate its great to see you back!! Haven't been around last few days and was shocked when I saw you were posting again!

I know where your coming from with Zebina, he can be an idiot sometimes but i think he is trying to cut that side of his game out, ranieri dropped him for a long time after the cagliari game and he had to fight for the RB spot, when he came back he looked strong and coolheaded for a change, he's better on the ball than grygera and I think he works a lot better with Camo, which is very important and Grygera isnt as flowing with Camo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)