Will Zlatan make the 20 Goal Mark upcoming season? (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You cannot deny Zlatan Ibrahimovic is just a step below the likes of Shevchenko, Henry, and Samuel Eto'o in world football in terms of what they have accomplished. You also cannot deny Ibrahimovic is one of the most talented young forwards in the world, right up there with Adriano, Rooney, and Cassano.

It will be interesting to see how much better the young Swede can become during the next few years, and one of the keys to success for an up and coming forward is confidence. Zlatan has plenty of that, and most of the time it's a good quality. In sports and in life, self-belief is something you need to achieve your goals, and without it you start doubting yourself. Now when confidence turns into complete arrogance, that's when it has gone too far. To become the best you must train at your best; Capello knows that, and hopefully Zlatan knows that as well. The potential is there, the confidence is in place, the great coach is present....there is no reason why Zlatan shouldn't become one of the best forwards in Europe in a few years time.

OP
Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #67
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
    DP will finish top scorer next year if Capello gives him his equal chance...

Equal chance? Thats what TRAINING are for. If he wants to play in matches he better show that hes good enough in training. And when he does get the chance he better take it and not suck in every other game like last season.

Heres what bugs me about the Del Piero fans as soon as he scres a goal all u hear is- OOhhhh what an amazing goal, superb finish and all that bullshit. And im sitting there thinking he shot the ball when he was clear and he scored a goal, thats great but hardly amazing. And concidering he hasnt done shit in the rest of the game i wouldnt be so quick to prasie him.

I hope he finds form, i really do. So i can praise him and stop myself from pulling my hair everytime i hear Del piero was so great in that game and that game -when he really sucked humungus ass.

I havent seen him play this season but i reall hope he finds form, If he plays great, i say let him play, if not we have better players that can take his place.

So equal chance, plz. He has to work for it just like everybody else.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++
    DP is past his prime
    So past his time that he fvcked up Roma... thats how past his time he is. He is SO past his time that he assisted Trezeguet in the Scudetto-deciding game against Milan away. He is so past his time that he has been the best Juve player recently...

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
    Your just focussing on specific events, lots of our players make assists, lots of our players score goals, but not all of the perform consistantly. The argument that del piero is past his best is completely valid, he is past his best, tht dosent mean hes rubbish, his prime was just before the serious injury he had a few seasons back, tht was his prime and since then he has been a shadow of the player he was. Arguably, before that injury he was among the top 3 best players in the WORLD, today not even his most loyal and passionate supporters would make that claim. I know i'll cause controversy but the more narrow minded supporters need to realise that his best is gone and we wont see it again unless he does a Zola!
    He's still a world class player on his day but now i hardly see him chasing the ball, taking on players and prodicing the magic of old. As for equal opportunities i agree totally with tony montana a.k.a scarface :D, he has to prove himself in training to get an equal chance, you hav to earn your right to play for juventus you cant just say to the coach "you've played trez and ibra 3 games in a row its my turn now" frankly, if del piero deserves to be in the team he will, if he dosent he wont and if you argue with the best interests of the team just because your favorate player is being left out then you dont really support Juventus (P.S Del Piero is one of my fav Juve players)

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

Equal chance? Thats what TRAINING are for. If he wants to play in matches he better show that hes good enough in training. And when he does get the chance he better take it and not suck in every other game like last season.

Heres what bugs me about the Del Piero fans as soon as he scres a goal all u hear is- OOhhhh what an amazing goal, superb finish and all that bullshit. And im sitting there thinking he shot the ball when he was clear and he scored a goal, thats great but hardly amazing. And concidering he hasnt done shit in the rest of the game i wouldnt be so quick to prasie him.

I hope he finds form, i really do. So i can praise him and stop myself from pulling my hair everytime i hear Del piero was so great in that game and that game -when he really sucked humungus ass.

I havent seen him play this season but i reall hope he finds form, If he plays great, i say let him play, if not we have better players that can take his place.

So equal chance, plz. He has to work for it just like everybody else.

i ll give you a few more days, then you will get bored too of arguing with them

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Del Piero has had a great form for a long time now, let him maintain it. (4 months?) I really hope Capello lets him play more often. And we shouldnt forget that Capello subbed him last season even though he was really good in many games.

Del Piero is still a top worldclass player. I rate him in top 10 forward in Europe. People bashing del Piero are just looking at the bad sides especially at him, they seek reasons to complain about his game more than looking at his great job. At his situation. Just like the media. I mean.. how can you be great if ur subbed 60% of the freakin games in one season. He still scored most goals / minute played in Juventus.

I'm not saying he is the best etc. I just say he is the best for me. Even though I love all the players in Juventus equal, he is something closer to the heart. Zlatan is maybe better right now, and will be. But I can assure everyone here. Zlatan will NEVER become the player Del Piero is/was, at least not for Juventus and supporters.

Even though he will one day be the best...

BTW, this is how I rate our forwards based on form/greatness:

1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    2. Alessandro Del Piero
    3. David Trezeguet
    4. Zalayeta
    5. Fabrizio Miccoli (still like the guy, but he and we wants him out.)
    6. Adrian Mutu (Since he didnt play last season and will prove his worth in the comming one. I bet he will be top3.)

Orcourse this will change during and after next season. Adrian and David has a lot to prove and Del Piero must keep working hard. Zlatan will have a tougher year I believe, but I think he will live up to the hype, cuz he's a superb player.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Zlatan getting 20 goals? Unless Mutu partners up heavily with him and goes on an assist tear, I just don't see that happening. Zlatan can show occasional brilliance in finishing, but I just don't see him as that kind of finisher. Furthermore, he's often much too valuable away from the shot to take that many himself.

Remember how last season started out? I, like many others, were driven mad by how much time he was spending chesting down balls and amusing himself with his footwork while three defenders came in with lunging tackles. What really improved his game, IMO, was that he started deflecting and distributing the ball a lot sooner.

OP
    Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #73
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    Del Piero has had a great form for a long time now, let him maintain it. (4 months?) I really hope Capello lets him play more often. And we shouldnt forget that Capello subbed him last season even though he was really good in many games.

Del Piero is still a top worldclass player. I rate him in top 10 forward in Europe. People bashing del Piero are just looking at the bad sides especially at him, they seek reasons to complain about his game more than looking at his great job. At his situation. Just like the media. I mean.. how can you be great if ur subbed 60% of the freakin games in one season. He still scored most goals / minute played in Juventus.

I'm not saying he is the best etc. I just say he is the best for me. Even though I love all the players in Juventus equal, he is something closer to the heart. Zlatan is maybe better right now, and will be. But I can assure everyone here. Zlatan will NEVER become the player Del Piero is/was, at least not for Juventus and supporters.

Even though he will one day be the best...

BTW, this is how I rate our forwards based on form/greatness:

1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    2. Alessandro Del Piero
    3. David Trezeguet
    4. Zalayeta
    5. Fabrizio Miccoli (still like the guy, but he and we wants him out.)
    6. Adrian Mutu (Since he didnt play last season and will prove his worth in the comming one. I bet he will be top3.)

Orcourse this will change during and after next season. Adrian and David has a lot to prove and Del Piero must keep working hard. Zlatan will have a tougher year I believe, but I think he will live up to the hype, cuz he's a superb player.
    Agree, I believe Zlatan will not be as great a player as Del piero in Juventus, but then no one in the last 20 years is either. Its kind of hard to take that away from Del Piero since hes been with the club for what? Ten years now? I just dont see Zlatan staying at Juve that long. The great players always get sold sooner or later. Especially if they are as young as Zlatan. but if he stays at Juve for ten years im more then sure he will surpass Piero in terms of greatness. I guess we are going to have to wait to find out.

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
    Exactly, he improved as the season went on. How many goals did he get this season? was it 16 or something? i think it was more than he got the previous season for Ajax so that shows that he has what it takes to make tht step up to 20 dont forget that he has definately improved since the beggining of his time at juve and that vieira and mutu will more than likely increase the creative element in our team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)