Wikileaks (12 Viewers)

Apr 17, 2009
Assange has been granted bail, although remains in custody while Sweden appeals the decision. The appeal should take no longer than two days according to the guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2010/dec/14/wikileaks-julian-assange-court-appeal-live-updates

In other news, Dick Cheney and Halliburton have agreed to pay Nigeria 250m to drop their bribery case against him.

Irony at it's finest.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/...250-million-drop-bribery-charges-cheney-firm/

Buy on AliExpress.com

bartemous

Dec 11, 2010
It has been a terrorist attack here in small Sweden. It stood in the paper a terrible terrorist attack here in Stockholm 1 person killed, the suicide bomber him self.
Poor guy after month of plannig and work he goes out on the streets during christmas shoping thinking that he will kill houndreds of Swedes but only manages to kill him self. That's what I call a failed attempt.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Apparently the guys who ditched Assange a few months ago decided to start the a new website called Openleaks, which would get many things Asssange did wrong right according to them. And if reports are to be believed, these guys problems with Assange were that of him agreeing with "some countries" to not publish documents that would "hurt" them in exchange for many "profitable" pluses.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
There is no legal way of making the Country or its officials accountable?
Not really, the US did try to keep the documents secret. Plus it's not illegal to think ill of other people or other countries.

So how can the U.S even extradite him there?
If they decide he violated some US law they can put out a warrant for his arrest. But Britain doesn't have to honor it. Like they are doing with the Swedes.

If you're really interested in international extradition look up Roman Polanski's case.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Apparently the guys who ditched Assange a few months ago decided to start the a new website called Openleaks, which would get many things Asssange did wrong right according to them. And if reports are to be believed, these guys problems with Assange were that of him agreeing with "some countries" to not publish documents that would "hurt" them in exchange for many "profitable" pluses.
May possibly be a farce created to kill Assange's "Hero" perception that some people have. By doing this.. they make people wonder whether he really sold out or if its a farce. There is no way to know. Public confusion ftw!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If they decide he violated some US law they can put out a warrant for his arrest. But Britain doesn't have to honor it. Like they are doing with the Swedes.
Lower standard of proof required in extradition cases from the UK to the US, though, due to the extradition treaty between the two countries.

It'll be harder for the US to get hold of Assange, if they want him, if he is sent to Sweden than it would be if he remains in the UK

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Not really, the US did try to keep the documents secret. Plus it's not illegal to think ill of other people or other countries.
And what about acting, I don't think that there is no illegal activities documented in those cables. Since i don't have a lot of knowledge in this subject i'm interested is there a possability to take some legal actions to make US or some of it's deligates accountable for illegal activities?

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #499
    What kind of retarded world do we live in where sex without a condom is a crime?

Of course someone like Cheney will get off scott free. Laws don't apply to the rich and the major politicians. The little guys get squeezed.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    It was to be expected from Dick though. I mean it couldn't be more obvious that sooner or later he'll make his true self go free of every "cover".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)