Why wasn´t Juve interested in Owen? (1 Viewer)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Z-man, your proposed Real lineup is a classic - 12 men!! Perfect to play 12 v. 11 because go can play without the fear of having a man sent off. :D

Owen is great player and Real will probably work him by screwing the great Morientes, whom the club just does not believe in.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
a good price indeed. but then again, what does owen offer juve? he is short, no good at dribbling or creating for others and his finish seems to get worse each game. unless capello is gonna play the hoof it up the field game then owen is useless for juve. 8 million pounds could get the team Zlatan or someone else.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Z-man, your proposed Real lineup is a classic - 12 men!! Perfect to play 12 v. 11 because go can play without the fear of having a man sent off. :D

Son of a *****, thats the second time I've done that :D

Anyways, that just goes to prove my point, there's no place for him in Real ;)

Jul 28, 2002
im not sure if we can say cisse is better quite yet.....he may well be, but owen is a kop legend, we will have to wait a while to find if he becomse on also.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Owen wouldnt adapt to Serie A IMO at all. He has played in England all life, spanish football is a smaller contrast. Much more room for him there. In Serie A defenders would pack him in easily. So its obvious that Juve wasnt interessted in him because of this and economical issues. Thank god by the way, there is alot of better players out there, so there is no sense in buying a player with (only) a big name, like Beckham just for PR, thats Real Madrids way of doing it.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Hmmm, maybe this:

- Owen Ronaldo Morientes -

Zidane ------ Raul ------- Figo

Carlos ----- Guti ----- Beckham

--------Samuel Helguera--------

------------Casillas----------------

The funny thing is that it's probably gonna be like this :undecide:
Nah, they'll probably drop Raul into midfield, Morientes on the bench and Figo too.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
We don't need Owen, or Saviolla, We need defenders. Please wake up, you don't have to be a football player to see that we don't need Owen and that we need defenders, Moggi, you too, please wake up from you dream!

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
we may need a forward but competing with real is a waste of time.

not that i actually want owen.
We have Mico, DP, Trez etc. But right now we need defenders. Because Montero, Tudor, Legro, etc are all out of date. Useless

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well,at least we have enough to make up the numbers in defence,regardless of whether they're good enough.up front we'll be hard pressed to even replace the forwards in an injury crisis.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Victim of the media :rolleyes:. Im not talking about the media, im talking about watching him play. Im not a huge fan of him, but every single person here are saying he is useless. All im saying is he is probably better than every Juve forward except Trez. And im not worried about theories or any such crap, hes a proven player and he hasnt been as bad as you are making out.
Ok would you spend 12 mil. on him as things stand today? And seriously would you play him ahead of Del Piero in a Juve starting line up? We both know the answer to that one: so the point im making here is, that Michael Owen is overrated. And like your saying, he may even be good, but hes definitely not as good as the media makes him out to be. Trust me, Liverpool are better off without him.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Ok would you spend 12 mil. on him as things stand today? And seriously would you play him ahead of Del Piero in a Juve starting line up? We both know the answer to that one: so the point im making here is, that Michael Owen is overrated. And like your saying, he may even be good, but hes definitely not as good as the media makes him out to be. Trust me, Liverpool are better off without him.
Sure I would. Ahead of Del Piero is hard to say because they are different players, but face up to the fact that Del Piero is fading fast. Owen is twice the goalscorer Del Piero is although Del Piero is a great playmaker when he feels like it which isnt that often is it?

And all this media stuff. I think you are alittle of on that, the media havnt been praising Owen much for along time, hes been critised infact.

Ask yourself how good Del Piero or (Miccoli as they are more alike) would do with Liverpool? And consider for a moment how lethal Owen could be playing for Juventus with Pavel Nedved supplying.

Im not saying hes a world beater but when i see alot of people here (i dont mean you on this one) say oh yeah i agree Owen is shit, its slighty deranged considering these same people probably havent seen him play much and at the same time they think Del Piero is fantastic and Mico is great. When in reality Del Piero is playing for the club on past merits and Mico is nothing more than an average player as at his age i find it hard to justify him being a 'hot prospect'.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
River, Miccoli is just an average player, because he doesn't get to play as much as Owen did at Liverpool, so you can't say Miccoli is better at the moment.

And for that that people are saying that Owen is shit. He isn't shit, he just isn't Owen he used to be. Maybe was Liverpool crisis too, but he certainly wasn't giving all from himself in the past two seasons. Maybe it's the reason that Zlatan said.
And I don't agree that media are overrating him. They neved did. Even when he was best player in the England and maybe Europe, the media rated Beckham higher than him. So it's not the media thing.

I hope he'll regain his old form @Real Madrid, and I wish him success in that direction, but I doubt he'll get to play as he used to @Liverpool.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
River, Miccoli is just an average player, because he doesn't get to play as much as Owen did at Liverpool, so you can't say Miccoli is better at the moment.
Thats kinda of irrelevent.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Im not saying hes a world beater but when i see alot of people here (i dont mean you on this one) say oh yeah i agree Owen is shit, its slighty deranged considering these same people probably havent seen him play much and at the same time they think Del Piero is fantastic and Mico is great. When in reality Del Piero is playing for the club on past merits and Mico is nothing more than an average player as at his age i find it hard to justify him being a 'hot prospect'.
A tad ironic yeah...

OP

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #60

Yep well spoken River, Owen overrated? yes! Owen effective? yes!
    How people can say MIccoli is a better player than Owen is so crayz to me. Miccoli is regarded as a hot prospect in this forum with a big future and so was Maresca. But if you didn´t know Owen and Miccoli har born in the same year, but the big difference is that Owen as already participated in two worldcups, two Euros and been voted european player of the year. And even if I felt he didn´t deserve it, he had to have done something good to get the trophy. So find it a tad ironic like Martin said and even laughable when people say Owen is shit, a player with over a 50% goalratio of the games he plays cant be shit. What would you call Del Piero then? And you can´t say that Miccoli has a bright future and Owen hasn´t, when Owen has probably done more than Miccoli will do in his whole carrer. Owens game isn´t fantastic, but his scoring his surely up thier with the best.

In the thread about Saviola some of the people who claimed Owen was to small actually want Saviola, thats a bite ironic aswell, even more when you take in the facts that Saviola hasn´t proven himself in same way like Owen has. Buy hey, he is a great prospect right? ;) .....................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)