Why Trezeguet flatters to deceive (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2002
I am saddened to hear that David Trezeguet is back in the starting eleven. Why so, I hear you cry, didnt he score 24 goals last season? And you'd be right. But, as just as George Weah did at Milan, the French striker is a thorn in Juve's smooth passing game. Just think about how many of his goals in 2001/2 were scored with his head? When Trezeguet plays Juventus become a team who's main attacking option is crossing the ball into the box. Yep, the very same hit-and-miss last resort tactic employed to hopeless effect by English sides. Del Piero spent most of last season getting dragged out wide while Trezeguet stood motionless in the penalty area and waited for the ball to land on his head. His movement is average, his technique a little suspect, yes he's a decent goalscorer but he throws the balance of the side out of whack. Unlike, say, Boniek or Platini, he isnt a Juventus type of player. Marco di Vaio, however, is pure Bianconeri. He has pace, two explosive feet and razor sharp movement and, vitally, he can and does score from anywhere. Its a tradition passed down from Giampiero Boniperti to Gianluca Vialli and it must be maintained at all costs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
ahh finally ..... someone that sees past jus goals..... spot on!!!

but then you have to realise that most people here only see about 2 games a year and so jus sees he scores and thinks hes great..... trez is a liability!!!

JKane

May 31, 2001
First of all, welcome gilgillespie.

I agree with most of what you said. I'm not a huge Trez fan myself but I do think he can offer something to a squad and to OUR squad espacially.

Di Vaio certainly is a very good player and I prefer him as a partner for the captain, but Trézéguet can't be compared with him really as they are two totally different players.

Di Vaio has pace, he's sharp and he works - unlike Trez.
Trézéguet has an accurate header, he's strong and he can score anytime. You complain that he just stands in the middle, but I say that sometimes you just need these kind of players to win a game.

It all has two sides. And noone can deny that Trez was an important part of the team that won the scudetto last year.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I think he would be great as a super-sub (like solskjar in manU).

I prefer good play, but goals are imprtant, thats why he's important....(kinda like inzaghi a few years ago with juve)

I think Trez is best for Arsenal.

kw_hamster

Aug 28, 2002
I have to say I disagree with you gil.. to me, trez is a natural finisher and a poacher in the penalty box. Every team needs someone to finish off moves. And trez isn't suspect as far as his technique is concerned.. I agree that his movement is somewhat.. "limited".. but he has good technique for a poacher. :)

nowhereman

Jul 15, 2002
How can you win the match if you don't have one who can score every time in your squad? Can Juve win if they have Heskey or Jason Robert in their squad? :D

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
trezeguet is the best chances taking man. his % of scoring is amazing, and don't forget gaols is the idea of the game- so what if he has little contribution besides the finishing of attackes- other players can do the other things, all for the target, trezeguet to score another gaol for juventus...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
forgive me if i'm wrong,but trez seems to resemble inzaghi somehow.....being in the right place at the right time,taking at most 3 touches,being a little selfish,and doing his job effectively but not spectacularly.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
forgive me if i'm wrong,but trez seems to resemble inzaghi somehow.....being in the right place at the right time,taking at most 3 touches,being a little selfish,and doing his job effectively but not spectacularly.
well, I agree in part, but Trez is a much better finisher than Inzaghi, like when does Inzaghi ever hit the corner of the net? very rarely..he just taps it in, whereas Trez is capable of fantastic volley shots as well as accurate bottom corner finishes

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
well, I agree in part, but Trez is a much better finisher than Inzaghi, like when does Inzaghi ever hit the corner of the net? very rarely..he just taps it in, whereas Trez is capable of fantastic volley shots as well as accurate bottom corner finishes [/QUOTE]

:D agree

As I've only seen 2 games this season, I can only go off what I've heard but I really like Di Vaio and at the moment prefer him to Trez and think he's the best to partner ADP.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
well, I agree in part, but Trez is a much better finisher than Inzaghi, like when does Inzaghi ever hit the corner of the net? very rarely..he just taps it in, whereas Trez is capable of fantastic volley shots as well as accurate bottom corner finishes

:D agree

As I've only seen 2 games this season, I can only go off what I've heard but I really like Di Vaio and at the moment prefer him to Trez and think he's the best to partner ADP.
I dont really see the comparison between pippo and trez...
Pippo is one of the most hardworking forwards you are ever likely to see, he gets everywhere.
If you look to recent interviews with both nesta and canna.... they both highlighted pippo as the hardest attacker to play against ,cause hes so busy.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with your point that divaio is a better partner for ale.
I dont think anyone doubts trezs ability, but i do not think his style suits our team and as such is often a hindrence.

Whereas di vaio has the perfect style to accompany, both ale and our team in general.... trez would be more suited to a pacy side with out and out wingers.......

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by respaul ] ++
ahh finally ..... someone that sees past jus goals..... spot on!!!

but then you have to realise that most people here only see about 2 games a year and so jus sees he scores and thinks hes great..... trez is a liability!!!
You're being completely ridiculous, just because he isn't a complete player doesn't make him a liability. Trez puts the ball in the net, and we don't have many players that can do that.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

You're being completely ridiculous, just because he isn't a complete player doesn't make him a liability. Trez puts the ball in the net, and we don't have many players that can do that.
I dont think its ridiculous at all.... he doesnt fit with our playing stlye.

Its strange that every single person ive spoken too who has actually seen every game since trez has been at juve.... has the same thoughts.... yet its ridiculous!!

Even speaking to the irriducibli on the stands last week.... they all see di vaio as the man to partner ale.

anyway... each to his/her own!!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
maybe di vaio fits our style better, but someone has to score the goals. you need goals, it's as simple as that. for us, trezeguet has been the best at scoring goals, so he should play. if di vaio can score as much as trez he could be prefered

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think you have hit the nail on the head with your point that divaio is a better partner for ale.
I dont think anyone doubts trezs ability, but i do not think his style suits our team and as such is often a hindrence.
Yes, I think you may be right. He is very immobile and though he scores a lot, it's one man less on the field considering he never creates on his own. In fact, every time I've seen him come back for the ball and get a pass, he passed it back, never turned for a dribble or a through pass.

Take a player like Sheva, after his first season I was convinced he was a pure poacher. But it turns out he has other qualities, either gained along the way or he always possessed them. It wouldn't hurt Trez to develop his all round game a bit.

Anyway, just based on a few games I saw last year so it may not be the full picture. :)

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
saying that trezguet is a liabelity is not true !!

and about following juve's games i do not think that respaul is the only one !! i've been watching juve's games since platini were in juventus and since 1986 i saw maybe 75 % of the games so don't make urself the only fan over here !!!

and about style of play don't try to convince me that juve's way of playing is the same all these years !! thier were many changes in the game not only in juve's way of playing !!!

let us try the number languge trez with cheva are the best for foriegn players , he played as starter only in last season and playing with a stricker is a huge need for a team that is tryig to win !!!

i would agree with u all if juve's game is counter attack so we need fast stricker like di vaio but we are not venezia or empoli type of team we are trying to win the champions league !!!!

he is naturally born scorer with no doubt i rate him over viery and if he goes to Arsenal am sure that wenger will find the best performance in him ( more than 40 goals a season).

he is not like baggio or del piero but he doesn't waste time to score he can shoot from anyposition and what we were laking for last decade he knows where to be in the right time !!

and please don't make vially a legend because when he came from sampadoria he stayed the worst stricker in italy for about 3 seasons before he was playing good and i don't remember good season for him except 1994-1995.

Jul 12, 2002
I dont think its ridiculous at all.... he doesnt fit with our playing stlye.

Its strange that every single person ive spoken too who has actually seen every game since trez has been at juve.... has the same thoughts.... yet its ridiculous!!

Even speaking to the irriducibli on the stands last week.... they all see di vaio as the man to partner ale.

anyway... each to his/her own!!
As you know, I'm a man who relies more on statistics than public opinion. Many people in Italy may like to see Di Vaio partner DP, but that doesn't mean it is the best thing to do. Speaking purely statistically, Trez is a much better option than Di Vaio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)