Why Trezeguet flatters to deceive (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
what statistics do u have about DP and DV's parnetship yet!!

its only the start of the season....give DV a chance then decide.

his playing style is just a guidline to know if he could be better than Trez, and i think he can.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Finally some controversy!!! Oh yeah!! Here's what I think. Di Vaio certainly is the Juve type of player.

But Juve's type is the sort when both players work among themselves, not one player who hangs around the goalmouth all the time.

The problem with that- which is not a problem, just a chance for a problem to creep in is this:

If one of the player isnt playing well- ie not getting into the game well, not passing well, etc, we have our sinking ship....for 90 minutes at least.

On the other hand if the player just has to stand around, tapping the ball in with his head or feet, that provides little chance to mess up in the other areas of that players game, simply because the team usually lives without them.

If Trez's passing suddenly turns ugly, or his vision suffers glaucoma, or his dribbling skills take a turn for the worse, we wont suffer so much, because we dont need them the way we're playing.

But at the end of the day, when pub's about to close, and we're walking home (cant drink and drive remember smartass?? :D ) we think about what's more important at the moment- keeping to traditions, and micro-management, or taking the opportunity of greatness we have been blessed with by G*d above, and trying our best to kick ass. (read my sig)

You decide.

BTW please dont phone in or mail me to tell me the answer

.....I hate it when they ruin the suspense!!! :fero: ;)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
what statistics do u have about DP and DV's parnetship yet!!

its only the start of the season....give DV a chance then decide.

his playing style is just a guidline to know if he could be better than Trez, and i think he can.
You misunderstand me, I meant DV and Trez's individual stats, Trez is a lot more productive.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
true his individual Stats are better, but could his good stats give the other 10 players worse stats!!??

we can't compare Trez and DV because they are abviously different players. there is no doubt that Trez is a GREAt scorer, but the team might become too dependent on him. u need to see how the players changes the whole team....

All i'm saying is that we should wait and see who is better for the team. though when it comes down to the player, there is no doubt that Trez is better.

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
hey guys ... aren't u missing an important thing ...

Trez and Dv aren't techincally playin in the same position ..

so it is nonsense to compare them .. different style, mentality and such .. it's like comparing maradonna w/ pele ..

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i think we went through that...;)

or u mean that you agree when u repeated what i said?? :confused:

in anycase....Forza Trez, and DV

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
who is ethnocenteric ?! explain please

and about comparing trez with dv as a players i must agree with u that we can't compare because trez is a stricker and dv is pacy forward ,, but on the other hand when we are discussing team benefits from 1 of them trezeguet is better and he worth 3 of di vaio in my opinion at least being in a team who plays counter attck system isn't the same and di vaio was good in counter attacks but in 4-4-2 pressing system with nedved and del piero in the same time i really doubt that di vaio will shine unless he changes his style of play

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
he means ethnocentric, which means 'belief in the superiority of ones own ethnic group'

just explaining

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
saying that trezguet is a liabelity is not true !!

and about following juve's games i do not think that respaul is the only one !! i've been watching juve's games since platini were in juventus and since 1986 i saw maybe 75 % of the games so don't make urself the only fan over here !!!

and about style of play don't try to convince me that juve's way of playing is the same all these years !! thier were many changes in the game not only in juve's way of playing !!!

let us try the number languge trez with cheva are the best for foriegn players , he played as starter only in last season and playing with a stricker is a huge need for a team that is tryig to win !!!

i would agree with u all if juve's game is counter attack so we need fast stricker like di vaio but we are not venezia or empoli type of team we are trying to win the champions league !!!!

he is naturally born scorer with no doubt i rate him over viery and if he goes to Arsenal am sure that wenger will find the best performance in him ( more than 40 goals a season).

he is not like baggio or del piero but he doesn't waste time to score he can shoot from anyposition and what we were laking for last decade he knows where to be in the right time !!

and please don't make vially a legend because when he came from sampadoria he stayed the worst stricker in italy for about 3 seasons before he was playing good and i don't remember good season for him except 1994-1995.
Dont know whether this was aimed at me, if not, disregard... if so...

Firstly:
I never said i was the only one, i said all those i have spoken to that have seen every game is of the same oppinion.

Please dont lie about seeing 75% of juve games since 86... that is not true.

The only way you have done that is if you were at the stadium.... were you???

Even in italy it has only been possible to see the majority of games since late 95... when digital tele started.... dont exagerate!!

I never said juves style has always been the same, but it has been similar in the time trez as been here... and he doesnt fit with that style.
And if you look at it, there has been a very similar Characteristic to our play for the last 15 or so years.

Who mentioned vialli???

Any way... this is only about opinions !!

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by respaul ] ++

Please dont lie about seeing 75% of juve games since 86... that is not true.

The only way you have done that is if you were at the stadium.... were you???
i didn't see the whole matchesu didn't get what i ment because i didn't say it the right way ( i have problems in translating my ideas) but there is TV program (in ktv3 friday night 21:00 local time) about sieire A that shows highlight of the games and 20 at least for every game with local analysits discussing calcio matteres abd this is for the matches that isn't published on air or recored so i think that i've been watching 75% of the matches .

And if you look at it, there has been a very similar charectoristic to our play for the 15 or so years.
no true , i will give u example from these years not mentioning the last 15 years , with all changes from 5-3-2 fromation ( trapattoni) to 4-4-2 ( by lippi) to 3-5-2 with playmaker (zidane) in 1999-2001 ( ancelotti's period) try to count the similarities and differinces and u will find out the changes around yeas

Any way... this is only about opinions !!
yes its only about that and i respect ur opinions althought i disagree !!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

i didn't see the whole matchesu didn't get what i ment because i didn't say it the right way ( i have problems in translating my ideas) but there is TV program (in ktv3 friday night 21:00 local time) about sieire A that shows highlight of the games and 20 at least for every game with local analysits discussing calcio matteres abd this is for the matches that isn't published on air or recored so i think that i've been watching 75% of the matches .
Fair enough it appeared as though you meant you had seen whole matches.
Personally i dont see highlights as meaning you have seen the matches... to me only complete matches mean anything... highlights only tell a very small part of the picture.
I also have seen highlights since the mid 80's, but i have seen ev ery game in full since late 95

no true , i will give u example from these years not mentioning the last 15 years , with all changes from 5-3-2 fromation ( trapattoni) to 4-4-2 ( by lippi) to 3-5-2 with playmaker (zidane) in 1999-2001 ( ancelotti's period) try to count the similarities and differinces and u will find out the changes around yeas
Im not talking about formations , im saying there is a certain Characteristic and approach to our play that has been the same for over 15 years... that is true.
By the way... Lippi played with a 4-3-3 in his first stint.

yes its only about that and i respect ur opinions althought i disagree !!
And I yours!!

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
Paolo_Montero

thanks for defining ethnocenteric .. but u're not completely accurate ..

ethnocenteric ... means the belief or assumption of the the superiority of your own ur cultural background and ur opionions.

and Juvelover it's not about u :D
it's for someone who disagreed w/ me in an inadequate way ...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Almajhool ] ++

ethnocenteric ... means the belief or assumption of the the superiority of your own ur cultural background and ur opionions.

and Juvelover it's not about u :D
it's for someone who disagreed w/ me in an inadequate way ...
so i HAVE to agree with u, or not agree while being "adequate", in order not to be ethnocentric!!!
Whats adequete for u bro might not be for someone else.

What the H3ll does not agreeing inadequatly have to do with being ethnocentric anyway?!

there might be a difference in opinion, but i dont see where i based my opinion on background or culture. So, how can u call me ethnocentric!??

and how the H3ll did u derive in ur mind that i'm ethnocentric!!
that process should be an interesting topic since all i see is u trying to use words that are too big for u!!

Watch what u call people man...and leave personal attacks for the streets, not in forums!:(

and a friendly advise so u wont make a fool :fool: of urself again, Dont interpret words to make them mean what u want them to: the emphasis in ethnocentric is in using culture, which i didnt. You just knew that it had soemthing to do with opinions and u used it (bad idea :doh: )

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
Majed ...

u know i'm not talking about stuff we wrote here .. pls. check ur email first ....

Watch what u call people man...and leave personal attacks for the streets, not in forums!
for this i'll just say .. " b7ag " ... have u ever seen me attack people personally !!! :down::down:

i'm not here attacking u .. that u're ethnocenteric .. ( hell no ... we both have the same cultural background .. have we not ??? :confused::confused: )

so i HAVE to agree with u, or not agree while being "adequate", in order not to be ethnocentric!!!
i don't give a damn $hit if u agree w/ me or not ( this is go for all people not just u ) ...
as long i have an opionion, i'll say it no matter what others think ...

" Adequate " .. ok ... here is the important part i believe ... what i meant here bro is : ..

i'm not offended in anyway if anyone say i'm copying his stuff ( if even if s/he is joking ) .. coz i believe in myself and my opionions ... so .. no need to copy others otherwise i'm not acting myself ... :angel::angel:

and a friendly advise so u wont make a fool of urself again, Dont interpret words to make them mean what u want them to: the emphasis in ethnocentric is in using culture, which i didnt. You just knew that it had soemthing to do with opinions and u used it (bad idea )
i'm not gonna respond to this .. BUT ..

i'll do the same .. bro .. i'll give u a friendly advise ( oooh i copied that from u :D:D ) ..
u know ( ma3zatek 3ndi ) and i'm really upset of a word u used in our last conversation ( + i wasn't in the mood ) ... so, remember what u've said :down::down: ...i hoped seeing a reply in my email instead of here but ... think again of what u wrote ...

ANYWAY .. sorry guys for letting personal things fill this thread .. i wanted just to clarify things ...

beside " ela5telaf fil alray la yfsd li elwad gathya " ....

Finally .. this is the last time i'm gonna reply about this stuff .. Majed if u want to add anything pls. send PM ..

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
Guys what are you talking about???Have you realised that this person has scored 32 goals last season?You must realise that treze's role is NOT to create opportunities but to apply the best finish and he surely does that.We have dp,nedved,camoranesi,zambo...to create opportunities and treze is the ideal player to finish with a goal.Di vaio is not as good as treze in doing that and that's a fact.The best combination in attack is dp-treze->create-score.
Yes di vaio is a very good player he is surely useful but a different style of player so don't continue this useless thread...

Jul 12, 2002
I never said juves style has always been the same, but it has been similar in the time trez as been here... and he doesnt fit with that style.
And if you look at it, there has been a very similar Characteristic to our play for the last 15 or so years.
I fail to see how that is a problem. You can't argue that we didn't change the team to fit Zidane, and Trez is just as a much of a star player. Why not make the team fit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)