why people dont think juve as a super power? (1 Viewer)

bahraini

May 20, 2003
whenever i read something about football and teams
they talk about real madrid, barca, arsenal, man u, milan ,
they all thought to be super power in football
while its not the same when it came to juve??
what i can understand , that people repect juve,
think its great team with history, well built, but not a super power..

while only real madrid has better record than juve,
and milan , but only on the CL ..

so why is that??
or is me who understand it like that?:confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 1, 2002
becoz we don't buy superstar every season and that's why we can maintain our financial states.
I like the way we are, because we're more solid as a team.
The other teams I respect much is Valencia FC. they're not considered as super power because they don't have lots of stars. but they are a great team.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Do you really care what "everyone" else thinks?

I don't give a shit what the media thinks of Juve. I think they're great and that's enough for me.

But you gotta admit... there's nothing "super" about 7 CL finals and only two cups.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
jankastaloo at least conspiracy theorists cant blame us of 'buying' games.

im not a fan of us being a 'giant'. i like the depors and the valencias and the leverkusens and the parmas who arent giants as such but have the capability to slay giants.

i love being the underdog.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by bahraini ] ++
whenever i read something about football and teams
they talk about real madrid, barca, arsenal, man u, milan ,
they all thought to be super power in football
while its not the same when it came to juve??
what i can understand , that people repect juve,
think its great team with history, well built, but not a super power..

while only real madrid has better record than juve,
and milan , but only on the CL ..

so why is that??
or is me who understand it like that?:confused:

says who ? Juve are always called giants.

Maybe you are just following Juve for the last 3-4 years when they were on a slump in Europe.

Juve are and will always be a Super power.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

Maybe you are just following Juve for the last 3-4 years when they were on a slump in Europe.

Exactly.

And welcome back

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

wb iceblu. hows it going man? the place felt weird while you were gone

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jankstakoolooo ] ++
Do you really care what "everyone" else thinks?

I don't give a shit what the media thinks of Juve. I think they're great and that's enough for me.

But you gotta admit... there's nothing "super" about 7 CL finals and only two cups.
well said... ANDRES ;)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I also disagree, Bahraini, all references I see site Juventus as a superpower. Btw, I saw CNN's club rankings yesterday, we are at number 7, below Milan, Real, Arsenal, MU and somebody else.

Yes, only 2 wins out of 7 in the CL, but I'd say that still that is quite an achievement. In Italy our underdogs are Milan with just 13 Scudettos. We are still the only team in Seria A yet to play in Seria B (Milan was kicked down after a curruption scandal in the 70s). So, we are the greatest in Italy, and certainly in top 5 in Europe. But I am sure that in a course of our lifetime we will beat Real to become the best club in history. I wish we bought some defenders in January, we could've started it this CL season :)

And hey, Barcelona is also considered to be a superclub, even though they won NOTHING over the past 4 years.

How are things in Manana?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
if it was 5 and 2 instead of 2 and 5, we'd be the best after Real.

in the end, for people with football knowledge, we are considered a powerhouse or super power as you like to put it. But for the bandwagons who watch it once in a while, United, Arsenal and Real seem to be the only powerhouses out there. Example..Australia.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Yep, general misconseption is that "public image" teams such as Real and Arsenal are the strongest. Majority of people only watch the World Cup/Euro Cup and get attracted by the players they see in those competition. That certainly is beneficial in financial terms (I wonder how many million Beckam and Ronaldo shirts were sold in Asia last year).

Juventus is not that type- we have a balanced and progmatic approach to the squad (as long as we are trained by guys like Lippi)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Mac ] ++

Exactly.

And welcome back

++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

wb iceblu. hows it going man? the place felt weird while you were gone

gee thanks guys :) :thumb:

and one more thing.... when most people think of Italian Football, the first club that normally crosses a neutral's mind is Juve.

Juve in a way represent Italy.

Besides, even the so called tough times (2000, 2001) etc in Europe came after the seasons where Juve dominated in Europe (a CL, 2 more CL finals; one semi etc.... not to mention the UEFA cups wins and the Scudetto triumphs)

Juve are hardly ever underdogs no matter whom they play. Even if its Madrid, many pundits give Juve the edge.

Lets not forget when we lost by that single goal to Madrid in the CL final few years ago, we were clear favorites with the bookmakers.

Juve have been far more consistent that Madrid.

In fact Juve ARE the Original powerhouse - Being the first club to win all the major club honors possible.

So quite frankly i don't know what the maker of this thread is on about.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
welcome back IceBlu..

what bahraini meant when he started this thread is that most media don't consider Juve a super-power.. at least in our region..middle-earth.. I mean.. Middle-East..

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
Hmmm... I was assuming Juventus is the most popular team in the Middle East, given that the Kaddafi family own 10% shares of the club.
being popular is somethin different.. it's about people not media..

P.S. Kaddafi's country is Libya..

Middle-East is where these countries are: UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Iran..

I don't think that Libya and Egypt are included..

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Yeah, perhaps geographically they may be far apart, there are strong linguistic and cultural ties within all of those countries, including both Libya and Egypt.

Anyways, sorry for taking this conversation from football to geography :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think it's a combination of:

1) lack of CL success
2) lack of big-name stars (come on, the layman doesn't know who the heck Nedved or Del Piero are)
3) we're not well known for having as much tradition or history, though i don't know that's the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)