why can't we win Cl? (2 Viewers)

Jul 5, 2005
I think that if the referee had saw the goal of Del Piero with Liverpool in Anfield now maybe we have won the champions leage. But Anyway if want to win this year the champions leage we want to score more easily at the games we play i think so.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
After seeing so many comments i got something to say..
some of u saying winning seria A is harder than CL, i nearly choked to death...Juve currently holds the record for entering the most finals of a European Cup(including champions league) and lost it...5 times! amazing eh? however, Juve won the seria A 28 times! I seriously think CL is the elite club competition in the world...it's just like playing in a world cup..u can have a good team winning all the 3 group matches scoring maximum points then been eliminated in the next round of 16 coz playing ONE lousy match...in league, u can hav bad forms for a few games then slowly picking up and rebuild ur form..but in champion league, hell NO!!! U r out when u fail to perform in a single match...e.g. Celtic Rangers...they suxed in 1st leg but did brilliantly in 2nd leg...but still knocked out in 2nd round of the CL this year...
MU dominated the premiership by winning 8 out of 11 times but managed to win the CL once...back in 99, so was Bayern in 2001..
too many factors involving in the champions league..coz it is using knock out format and one dubious decision, one mistake can kill..for e.g. DP goal against Liverpool , it should hav stood, or Liverpool's goal against Chelsea, was it a goal? So, LUCK plays its part..i doubt Porto will win it again in another 10 years time!!
Right now, for me there r several teams capable to win it, Barcelona will be my favourite , Chelsea, MU, Real, Juve, AC...
i think right strategy+quality players(including backups )+luck are the ingredients to win a CL..
and finger crossed let's hope Juve goes into the final this year!! i am dreaming a Juve- Barca or Juve- Chelsea final...i really hate chelsea.......

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Great thread, Dennis

I agree with your points, I always hope to win the CL each year, but we are always lacking a little something every time....

Let me add to what Denco has already said, and say that it seems like the English sides are always in better shape than the Serie A sides

As was already mentioned, the English sides keep pressing forward, no matter the score, while our sides get a lead, set up shop with the defense, and slow the game down.

Its also no secret that the EPL games are usually played at a faster tempo than the Serie A games

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yet, you could create a very reasonable case against those quick-paced English sides who must lower their pace of play and tactics to suit that of the Champions League. Italian sides already play at such slower and more controlled speeds, and therefore do not have to adapt as much. This is of course true when the fact that most CL matches are slow and controlled is held constant...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus
Reigning champions Juventus have become even more solid this term following the arrival of Patrick Vieira. Boss Fabio Capello has some stunning attacking options, but will there be room for them in his preferred 4-4-2 system? Expect them to win something this year – their squad is just too good not to.

Aim: Scudetto
Prediction: Operation Champions League may see them lose their Scudetto grip

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think Juve just have a mentality problem when it comes to tournaments rather than league.

In an elimination type game, you need to push with everything you've got. Some times I just see Juve TOO COMPOSED/Relaxed when facing elemination in competition like CL, like against Liverpool and Deportivo the year before, they knew they needed a result but didn't really show up for it.

While in the seri A, composure is everything, teams like Inter usually win big and stuff but the loss composure and thus lose consistancy in their result.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
I have just red that we will be in the second pot in the champions league draw on thursday. How is it possible that Inter is in the first?? We have been more successful in the CL and in the championship. I think that is a disgrace.

zkaterz

Aug 16, 2005
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Dp cannot play as a playmaker , he is not good enuff in that position and Nedved is to be honest , not good enuff to do that. It worked for him for a while under Lippi, but its not the same player we are talking about. Personally he would be on my bench cos to me if he cannot play on the left wing, heis of no use in my team and it seems his high tempo play is catching up to him a bit as he gets older
Yeah! This would surely win us the CL :D

About nedved I still believe he is one of the most creative players in europe, if he could just avoid injuries (which he can not) and therefore we definetely need another creative midfielder. Not in order to win the CL, 'cause liverpool just showed us that it isn't necessary to be entertaining and creative in order to win the CL, but in order to win the "easy" games in the group-play in CL and serie A matches.

On the other hand I don't believe the midfield is bianconeri's only problem. Where is the team spirit, and the ability to completely sacrifice yourself when we play the decising matches..? I really missed that attitude against liverpool last year, and in a lot of other important matches in the past. If Capello is the best coach in the world, he will prove that by getting the players ready for the decisive games and that did not happen last year!

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
This is the odds for who is winning the Champions League
From unibet, updated 25/8-2005

The number in between (2) are witch group their seeded in.
As you can se, Juve is seeded in the second group.
How is that possible??? Winning serie A and taking it to the semifinals last year in CL.

Chelsea (2) 6,00
Barcelona (1) 6,50
Real Madrid (1) 8,50
Milan (1) 8,75
Juventus (2) 10
Inter (1) 12
Manchester United (1) 12
Bayern München (1) 16
Arsenal (1) 18
Liverpool (1) 22
Lyon (2) 30
Villarreal (2) 35
Werder Bremen (3) 60
Real Betis (4) 75
Schalke 04 (3) 75
PSV Eindhoven (2) 75
Panathinaikos (2) 125
Porto (2) 125
Ajax (2) 90
Olympiakos (3) 100
Udinese (4) 125
Benfica (4) 175
Club Brügge (3) 200
Glasgow Rangers (3) 200
Lille (3) 200
Fenerbahce (4) 200
Sparta Prag (3) 250
Anderlecht (3) 300
Artmedia Petrzalka (4) 500
Thun (4) 500
Rapid Wien (4) 500
Rosenborg (4) 500

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
This is the odds for who is winning the Champions League
From unibet, updated 25/8-2005

The number in between (2) are witch group their seeded in.
As you can se, Juve is seeded in the second group.
How is that possible??? Winning serie A and taking it to the semifinals last year in CL.

Chelsea (2) 6,00
Barcelona (1) 6,50
Real Madrid (1) 8,50
Milan (1) 8,75
Juventus (2) 10
Inter (1) 12
Manchester United (1) 12
Bayern München (1) 16
Arsenal (1) 18
Liverpool (1) 22
Lyon (2) 30
Villarreal (2) 35
Werder Bremen (3) 60
Real Betis (4) 75
Schalke 04 (3) 75
PSV Eindhoven (2) 75
Panathinaikos (2) 125
Porto (2) 125
Ajax (2) 90
Olympiakos (3) 100
Udinese (4) 125
Benfica (4) 175
Club Brügge (3) 200
Glasgow Rangers (3) 200
Lille (3) 200
Fenerbahce (4) 200
Sparta Prag (3) 250
Anderlecht (3) 300
Artmedia Petrzalka (4) 500
Thun (4) 500
Rapid Wien (4) 500
Rosenborg (4) 500
Can't help but to highlight Juventus for u :D

zkaterz

Aug 16, 2005
Don't know how the UEFA-coefficient system works, but it determines who will be which group of the seeding.. Juventus has about 90 points.. Compared Inter has 101 and chelsea only 63. I think Real is the leader with about 145

Dec 15, 2004
The UEFA co-efficient scores are based on the amount of success in the Champs League in the past 5 seasons. Thus Real Madrid winning 2 and making 3 semi finals means they are obviously the highest with 145 or something. Milan's win, final loss and a semi final birth means they are second.

Juventus......not sure how they are in the second group lol......ridiculous........Madrid Milan Chelsea Juve and Barca should be haruanteed 1st seedings...regardless because they will always bethe top clubs.

On to the topic......coming from a Milan fan.......the addition of Cassano would be absolutely perfect......they are lacking that one extra player linking the midifled and attack who can create

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Why don't we win the CL? Maybe cos we don't have enough power/money in Europe as we have in Italy. Or at least that's what our opponents accuse us of.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by zkaterz ] ++

Yeah! This would surely win us the CL :D

About nedved I still believe he is one of the most creative players in europe, if he could just avoid injuries (which he can not) and therefore we definetely need another creative midfielder. Not in order to win the CL, 'cause liverpool just showed us that it isn't necessary to be entertaining and creative in order to win the CL, but in order to win the "easy" games in the group-play in CL and serie A matches.
Nedved is anything but creative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)