Who would win? European All-Stars, or the Brazilian NT? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Thuram is too good to even be mentioned in the same sentance as Nevill.
Not any more. He was an excellent right back until recently, and still a fine central defender, but Neville has him beat going forward, and is still a very good defender. I'm not about to rubbish either player - they're both very good. I don't see any reason to preclude one from any sentance involving the other, unless the verb "rodgering" is also involved.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Where as, Gary Neville has consistently been England's best defender, you ask anyone in England, to name 1 defender, who has never ever let England down, and it would only be Gary Neville, he has NEVER had a bad tornement for England, and for Man Utd he has been brilliant, and since Beckham's departure has been even better, considering Thuram is older then Neville, why is Neville the 2nd most experienced player in Europe? As in only Raul has played more CL games then Gary!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Thuram is too good to even be mentioned in the same sentance as Nevill.

TBH, I rate Terry as Englands best defenders, altho I do admit that he has nowhere near as much experience as Neville.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #167
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Where as, Gary Neville has consistently been England's best defender, you ask anyone in England, to name 1 defender, who has never ever let England down, and it would only be Gary Neville, he has NEVER had a bad tornement for England, and for Man Utd he has been brilliant, and since Beckham's departure has been even better, considering Thuram is older then Neville, why is Neville the 2nd most experienced player in Europe? As in only Raul has played more CL games then Gary!
    :LOL:

You are so funny.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Unless you are saying Thuram is a million times better than Neville, which he sure as hell is.
    :howler:

and MIGUEL! better than Neville!! bwahaha :D

I think that you've gone just a bit overboard in your anti-EPL stance there Andy to be honest. Yes its overrated, yes its only the third best league in the world, yes the English press are tossers but come on....

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Bollocks.. Neville didn't put a foot wrong, plus he had to work on the same side of the pitch as a completely out of sorts Beckham.. he didn't do a bad job. Miguel did bugger all from what I can remember. Never really impressed me particularly and only played because of Ferreira's howler in the first place.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    However, Miguel sure filled in well for Ferreira. He did not put a foot wrong either, and he seemed to be more of a presence on the right for Portugal. I would take him over Neville anyday.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    European All Stars:

Buffon

Thuram - Nesta - Carvalho - Zambrotta

Robben - Pirlo - Lampard - Nedved

Deco

Shevchenko

Managers: Mourinho and Capello

Brazil:

Dida

Cafu - Lucio - Edmilson - Roberto Carlos

Emerson

Kaka - Baptista - Ronaldinho

Adriano - Ronaldo
    Deco over Totti and Zidane?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)