++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
Assuming we keep Nedved, I think this could be Capello's Juve:

-------------------Buffon-------------------

-----Thuram---Mexes?---Ferrari?-------

Camo---Emerson---Maresca---Zambro

--------------Nedved-----------------------
-----------------------------Del Piero-------
--------------------Vieri----------------------
I dunno, Capello plays a great defensive game, and I don't think a 3 man defence will cut it in Serie A, especially if two of those three are new signings

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
mexes still has to prove that he is world class player, and this road will be very long. but with big club he can do it more or less easily

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

what are u talking about... mexes is a world class defender!!!

Oh come on, Mexes is nowhere near a wrld class defender. He has potential to become one some day, but thats all. There arent all that many world class defenders, Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Campbell, Ferdinand maybe, Puyol are the only ones I can think of.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

As you see, there is no Gilardino and Ferrari...
:fero: This looks bad, we just need at least one new CB, our current backs (Thuram is an exception) just aren't good enough, we need Ferrari or Mexes, most preferably both of them...

But about this Mexes-thing, I think that next year he's better than Legrottalie and Iuliano at least (that's not much) and year after next year he has settled in Italy, and he'll be unbeatable, the next Nesta... He has huge potential...

May 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by poku ] ++
This looks bad, we just need at least one new CB, our current backs (Thuram is an exception) just aren't good enough, we need Ferrari or Mexes, most preferably both of them...[\QUOTE]

well.... Lippi has said that juve dont need a CB

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++Oh come on, Mexes is nowhere near a wrld class defender. He has potential to become one some day, but thats all. There arent all that many world class defenders, Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Sampbell, Ferdinand maybe, Puyol are the only ones I can think of.
And none of them are for sale so we have to build our own world class defender. Mexes is a great player to support in that cause.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/FootballFicheJoueur8774.html

32 matches, only 3 yellow cards, and was rated the 4th best defender in France this season. At his age, that is quite promising!

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Oh come on, Mexes is nowhere near a wrld class defender. He has potential to become one some day, but thats all. There arent all that many world class defenders, Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Sampbell, Ferdinand maybe, Puyol are the only ones I can think of.
I agree......IMO I would add Lucio to that group,but Im the onley one in that

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, Maybe Lucio too, but he hasnt really proven himself in Europe yet, so I left him out. And for one reason or another, I've always been a fan of Cordoba.

Anyways, Mexes is not a world class defender yet, altho he has the potential to become one.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Mexes is world-class IMO. He is a great defender, who is already a leader at his age, and shows great defensive skills! I would take him over Ferrari anytime.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Latest news from Calciomercato.com

Capello wants Vieri and Cannavaro. It seems Capello don't want Thuram to leave, as he intends to bring in Cannavaro to play with his old teammates Buffon and Thuram. They say that Juve offers Iuliano and Montero in exchange, but Moratti wants money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)