Who will Capello target (2 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
No del Piero??? doubt that THE CAPTAIN will be on the bench!
unless he is converted by cappello into the neddy/totti role (which i will be happy to see, but no likely), i dont hink he will b what we need upfront, regardless of captain status...he is one of my heros, but until he gets his form back,give rambo the armband

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
John, I think that at this point in Alex's career, a move to that position should be welcomed by DP. He has the skill set to flourish in that role for a couple of years, and it could alleviate some of the physical toll that he takes, and keep him healthier.

Jul 28, 2002
serge, lately im beginning to agree with you waaayyy to much, i agree 100 %...

i have ALWAYS wanted him to play in that role, its jus when he did he sucked, but when he plays upfront its like he is a player designed for the hole, but is actually playing upfront....could allow miccoli to get more games, which is nice :D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
-----------Buffon
Thuram Ferrari Mexes Maxwell

------------Emerson
Zambrotta-----------Maresca

------------Del Piero
-----Chevanton Vieri/Gila

delwinho

May 28, 2004
yeah i agree emerson will come but who knowss moggi =D..
emerson will work well into the line up of juventus
and if bonera arrives too

-----------Buffon
Bonera Thuram Zebina Zambrotta
camo/kapo tacr emerson Nedved
Del Piero Chevanton/Gila

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
-----------Buffon
Thuram Ferrari Mexes Maxwell

------------Emerson
Zambrotta-----------Maresca

------------Del Piero
-----Chevanton Vieri/Gila
WOW! Great line up, although Nedved is not included..................:down:
I doubt we will get Ferrari and Mexes, so put Trabelsi (he is free) in there, and put Thuram in the middle, pair him with Ferrari and I agree with you.

I doubt DP will like to play as a playmaker, but Capello is maybe the one, who can convince him to play behind the strikers.

Vieri and Chevanton :eek:

cirof

May 28, 2004
Why nobody thinks of Cavenaghi for striker.

OK. He may be unexperienced in Italy, but look Kaka. He find him self immediately. And as i heard (I even saw him play in one match), Cavenaghi is great talent and already the best striker of River.

I have nothing against Cheva either, but Vieri (please!!!), he's out!!!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

I doubt we will get Ferrari and Mexes, so put Trabelsi (he is free) in there, and put Thuram in the middle, pair him with Ferrari and I agree with you.

I doubt DP will like to play as a playmaker, but Capello is maybe the one, who can convince him to play behind the strikers.

Firstly thanks, i'd settle for a line-up less spectacular. Yes Nedved's not in it, although i like him a lot I couldn't find him a place...
Yes i also doubt we will get Ferrari and Mexes, i'd be happy if we got one of them to play with Thuram in the middle(just like you said). Trabelsi won't be free, there is still the court case with Ajax and the court will most probably rule it in favour of Ajax. Trabelsi is very unhappy though and might leave Ajax for a low price.

I also put DP as a playmaker as I also beleive Capello might be the one convince him.

Vieri and Chevanton :), experience and youth, power and class ;).
(Gila might be as good as Vieri or even better, but i don't think we're going to get Gila).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
John, I think that at this point in Alex's career, a move to that position should be welcomed by DP. He has the skill set to flourish in that role for a couple of years, and it could alleviate some of the physical toll that he takes, and keep him healthier.
But every time I have seen Alex play this role he has not succeeded. I don't know what it is, he just does not perform well when he has to come back and get the ball in midfield. An example of this was in the C.L. Final against Milan; Nedved was missing, so Alex had a more creative playmaker role that rested on his shoulders. And IMO he was not that effective there. So I would not convert him into a playmaker when he is better as a left sided striker. But maybe with the energetic running of a Chevanton, Alex might have more help in attack with him. Thus, his skills would be more affective.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

No. GILARDINO and Chevanton. That sounds like a damn good forward partnership for years to come. :D

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

But every time I have seen Alex play this role he has not succeeded. I don't know what it is, he just does not perform well when he has to come back and get the ball in midfield. An example of this was in the C.L. Final against Milan; Nedved was missing, so Alex had a more creative playmaker role that rested on his shoulders. And IMO he was not that effective there. So I would not convert him into a playmaker when he is better as a left sided striker. But maybe with the energetic running of a Chevanton, Alex might have more help in attack with him. Thus, his skills would be more affective.
Well, it depends on the midfield. In the final back tha, there was no Davids and no players who gave him the protection he nedded or needs. I do think that Zambrotta or Tacchinardi + Emerson and Appiah or Maresca could give him the passes he nedds and the protection he needs.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

unless he is converted by cappello into the neddy/totti role (which i will be happy to see, but no likely), i dont hink he will b what we need upfront, regardless of captain status...he is one of my heros, but until he gets his form back,give rambo the armband
Stop calling him Rambo!!! :mad: :fero: ;)

++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
deco would be great, but i don't see that happening, as i heard he is close signing for bayern.
Maybe, but he has been linked to us too. Anyways, I think Capello will want a playmaker, he had Totti in Roma and IMO he'll want someone to take that role. Also, I believe Capello will keep Mico.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Well, it depends on the midfield. In the final back tha, there was no Davids and no players who gave him the protection he nedded or needs. I do think that Zambrotta or Tacchinardi + Emerson and Appiah or Maresca could give him the passes he nedds and the protection he needs.
Well if Emerson could provide more of a creative spark, and if Maresca is included in the squad, there will be enough service to Del Piero. And with either Tacchinardi of Appiah, the midfield would be defensively sound. But I'm not sure if Alex would succeed in that role.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Maybe, but he has been linked to us too. Anyways, I think Capello will want a playmaker, he had Totti in Roma and IMO he'll want someone to take that role. Also, I believe Capello will keep Mico.

deco was linked with us :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)