Who will Capello target (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
imo mexes is technically beter than ferrari, but ferrari has more seria a exerince....hmmm so many options are now opened...

What system is he gonna play??

Oct 1, 2002
Man, I can't stop laughing. :lol:

source = channel4.com

The news that Fabio Capello has joined Juve took AS Roma entirely by surprise and an emergency meeting has been called.

The club was seemingly unaware that their Coach was even in negotiations with the Bianconeri, let alone able to put pen to paper on a three-year deal.

Capello was still under contract with Roma, but was able to free himself a year early due to late payments in his wages.

“I have only one thing to say,” noted Director of Sport Franco Baldini. “It will seem strange, but that’s what happens.”

Baldini hinted that he would stay on at the Capital club despite this astonishing turnaround and the now increasingly likely departure of Francesco Totti.

Vincent Candela was the first Giallorossi player to comment, as he was on holiday in France when told of the news.

“In the world of football nowadays I really have seen everything,” sighed the midfielder. “I can’t be shocked by anything anymore.”

Capello’s swift departure has taken even the Roma website by surprise, as the news that this team is currently without a Coach has not even been confirmed on-line.

An emergency meeting has been called for this afternoon with President Franco Sensi and his collaborators now urgently forced to find a new tactician.

The fact that Sensi has lost his manager to the club he has repeatedly insulted – including running verbal battles with Director General Luciano Moggi – is particularly stinging.

Meanwhile, this switch has also caused shockwaves on the stock exchange, as Juve’s shares leapt by 8 per cent after the announcement was made. On the other hand, Roma’s shares plummeted by 4 per cent soon after.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Football Italia was saying a few days ago how Mexes was at Rome to sign at Roma...

Wouldn't be nice if we got him too :)

Sensi will probably plant a bomb or something.

BTW the capello move could make the emerson move more difficult to happen, as Roma-Juve relationship is going down the drain.

Except if Emerson really wants to come here and whines to Roma... We'll see

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
i think capello may choose to bench del piero or something.dunno,just a wierd feeling.maybe totti's jealous vibes got to him or something.
He may choose to move Del Piero into Nedved's role, for all we know.

Whether he runs a 3-4-1-2 or a 4-3-1-2 all depends on what type of Defenders Moggi brings in. We should all be comforted however, with the assumption that there was no way that Cappello would've taken this position without a gameplan and assurances from Moggi that there will be some purchases this summer.

If not, then Fabio probably would have either stayed at Roma or taken the Inter position, as they are always known to spend money, albeit rather foolishly sometimes.

Here's what I predict.

#1) Emerson will be coming in, and any fears that the price may go up out of spite will be squashed by the knowledge that Emerson only wants to come here, and even more so with the arrival of Fabio.

#2) I feel that Nedved will be sold. I think that Cappello sees Del Piero being more than capable of filling the "Totti" role better than Nedved.

#3) With Nedved being sold off, then I feel that Trezeguet will most likely stay, and will either be partnered with Miccoli up front, or Chevanton.

#4) Appiah will be a first team regular next season. Cappello loves athleticism on the wings, and Appiah is an improving talent.

#5) Maresca, if he's not sold, will also be on the wings as well, and he will move over to the right.

#6) 2 more defenders will be brought in, but no more than that. 1 will be brought in if Thuram is not sold. My guess is that it will be Bonera and Ferrari.

#7) Camo is as good as gone, and depending on the formation, Tacchinardi might not be a first team starter much longer.

Here's what I think a 4-3-1-2 formation will look like.

----------------------------------Buffon-----------------------

Zebina---------Ferrari-----------Bonera------------Zambo

Maresca---------------------------Emerson----------------Appiah

---------------------------------Del Piero---------------------------

----------Miccoli/Chevanton-------------------------Trezeguet

And, a 3-4-1-2

--------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------

Ferrari-------------------Bonera-------------------------Zambo

Maresca-----------Emerson------------Tacchi--------------------Appiah

-----------------------------Del Piero--------------------------

--------------Miccoli-------------------------Trezeguet-----------------

Bench:

Birindelli
Legro
Kapo
Di Vaio
4th Striker
Chimenti
Blasi
Iuliano
And whoever else we get

I think that a 3-4-1-2 formation could work in this case because not only do you have athletic and fast Defensemen, but the wingers (Appiah and Maresca) are both very quick as well, adn could provide support, and Tacchi is very solid in support as well.

Just my predicitons. Slow day at work and I have nothing better to do:D

Totti

May 20, 2004
****ig bastards ! You will never won becasue you are one of the most ugliest club in the world . And Mogi is a president? give me a **** !

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
LMAO look who is back....Totti maybe even ur idol is coming to our team ahahahahah wouldn't that be hillarious? I would love it.

May 28, 2004
From Cannel4.com

Emo to follow Capello

Roma ace Emerson is on the verge of joining Fabio Capello at Juventus, according to his agent.

The Brazilian has been linked with a switch to the northern giants and his representative is confident that he’ll now follow Capello to Turin.

"I still can’t confirm that we have an agreement with the Bianconeri but we are close," Gilmar Veloz is quoted as saying.

"The arrival of Capello at the club as their new Coach is undoubtedly a very important factor for Emerson now."

The former Bayer Leverkusen star will be sold this summer as the capital club risk losing him for nothing next year.

But Roma are keen to sell him to another side rather than strengthen their arch-rivals Juventus. However, Veloz insists the Old Lady are in pole position.

"We’ve spoken to both Real Madrid and Inter in the past," added the midfielder’s representative.

"We’ve been in contact with the Nerazzurri in particular after speaking with Marco Branca on three occasions but without ever reaching an agreement.

"To be honest, I think it will be very difficult to see the situation change from now on."

Whispers circulating around the peninsula today also suggest that Capello has asked his new club to sign Christian Vieri.

The Italian may still leave Inter before the start of the new campaign, especially as Alberto Zaccheroni has been confirmed in his job as Nerazzurri boss.

The two men seemingly don’t have the best relationship after they clashed on numerous occasions in the last few months.

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Capello is asking for Vieri.

news is that Moratti, Bettega & Giraudo met in Milan maybe to talk about a swap deal that will see Vieri and Di Vaio exchanging clubs.

Jul 20, 2002
dyo? so good... i want to offload him...

for capello's surprise move to turin, nothing can make me even more surprise unless he can persuade the rejoining of davids who if is a admirer of the former roma coach and had bad relationship with lippi

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can't see Davids coming back.

If Juve does get Vieri and Emerson, then they definitely need to concentrate on getting some young talent, preferrably on the backline.

Kiss Trez goodbye if Vieri comes, although I'm not really sure who I would rather have. I have to think about that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Totti ] ++
****ig bastards ! You will never won becasue you are one of the most ugliest club in the world . And Mogi is a president? give me a **** !
Bah. Absolutely laughable. I think we look rather stunning in Bianconeri, and we look even better with Capello as OUR coach. :D

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
My predictions are:

1) Emerson wont come to Juve.Trust me. After the Capello deal there is no way in the world they would let Emerson go, so in the end he will probably go to Real or Inter.

2) Moggi in revenge for Emerson will get Mexes.

3) Cannavaro will join Juve in exchange of Camoranesi.

4) Ibrahimovic and Maxwell will also join Juve.

5) Di Vaio will be sold.

6) Chevanton will join too.

7) Gila will stay another season in Parma, but in 2006 is Juve.

7) Matuzalem will also join as Capello likes him very much.

New Juve:

--------------------Buffon------------------------------

Thuram-----------Mexes-----------Cannavaro-----

Zambrotta----Matuzalem---Blasi-------Maxwell--

-----------------------Del Piero-------------------------

Ibrahimovic------------------------Chevanton-------

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
I can't see Davids coming back.

If Juve does get Vieri and Emerson, then they definitely need to concentrate on getting some young talent, preferrably on the backline.

Kiss Trez goodbye if Vieri comes, although I'm not really sure who I would rather have. I have to think about that.
I would rather keep Trezeguet. Vieri is on his last legs, and he's just a year away IMO from becoming like Batistuta, which means he wouldn't be able to produce anymore. So I would keep Trezeguet, and sell Nedved. But if this happens, a good winger like Maxwell would have to be brought in to provide more service to Trez.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

becuase he wanted him in roma... remember when roma said that they want money + maresca, BECUASE capello wanted maresca... :)

capello likes gilardino too, doest that mean we're gonna sign him :D :rolleyes:

The fact that Sensi has lost his manager to the club he has repeatedly insulted – including running verbal battles with Director General Luciano Moggi – is particularly stinging.

:rofl: :LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)