Who killed JFK? (2 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Not that arguing with Turk makes any sense, but it is quite ironic that JFK was actually the president to initiate a military alliance between the US & Israel :D

As a sidequestion, why is JFK regarded as this kind of saviour-figure? As far as I can see, his (short) administration doesn't differ that much from what previous or following presidents did.

On the other hand, I don't have an in-depth knowledge of the matter, far from it, so does anyone know what he did to get his special status? Or is it really just a case of him simply being a charismatic & popular president coupled with him being murdered?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not that arguing with Turk makes any sense, but it is quite ironic that JFK was actually the president to initiate a military alliance between the US & Israel :D

As a sidequestion, why is JFK regarded as this kind of saviour-figure? As far as I can see, his (short) administration doesn't differ that much from what previous or following presidents did.

On the other hand, I don't have an in-depth knowledge of the matter, far from it, so does anyone know what he did to get his special status? Or is it really just a case of him simply being a charismatic & popular president coupled with him being murdered?
I assume so.

Because it can't be because of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_of_Pigs_Invasion

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #43
    His charismatic definitely played a role, also for the fact that he was the youngest ever elected President of the United States. The media loved him he was young and had a good looking wife and it was probably the first time a good looking president with a pretty wife, they grabbed attention everywhere.

And of course avoiding a nuclear war with the Soviet, that was a big bonus on his CV.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    His charismatic definitely played a role, also for the fact that he was the youngest ever elected President of the United States. The media loved him because he was young and had a good looking wife and it was probably the first time a good looking president with a pretty wife, they grabbed attention everywhere.

And of course avoiding a nuclear war with the Soviet, that was a big bonus on his CV.
    By approving the bay of pigs invasion?

Attachments

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    His charismatic definitely played a role, also for the fact that he was the youngest ever elected President of the United States. The media loved him he was young and had a good looking wife and it was probably the first time a good looking president with a pretty wife, they grabbed attention everywhere.

His achievements there seem to have mostly been a big smokescreen though

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/01/the-real-cuban-missile-crisis/309190/

But yeah, that's the only real non-superficial reason I could find as well.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Well, he did make it up after-all, it was an embarrassment but he worked and played it pretty smart and safe after-wards with the Soviet.
    It's still not very good if your biggest achievement is minimising the outfall from your own bad decision.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #48

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/01/the-real-cuban-missile-crisis/309190/

Maybe non-superficial reason but it was a brave move with balls.

Soviet Union agreed to dismantle its weapons in Cuba and bring them back while the United States agreed that they would not invade Cuba. Secretly it was also agreed that US would remove its nuclear missiles from Turkey but wouldn’t declare so publicly/media.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

If most scolars agree the closest we came to an actual nuclear confrontation was the Cuban Missile Crisis, they also agree that the bay of pigs invasion was the direct cause of the Cuban Missile Crisis and that the invasion was approved by Kennedy, clearly Kennedy would most likely be the president who has done worst in this aspect.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #50
    It's still not very good if your biggest achievement is minimising the outfall from your own bad decision.
    It was a stupid decision to say the least but to turn it around and mostly in your favor against the Soviets, that's something.

Just imagine Trump, Obama or Bush reversing their own bad decisions.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Maybe non-superficial reason but it was a brave move with balls.

Soviet Union agreed to dismantle its weapons in Cuba and bring them back while the United States agreed that they would not invade Cuba. Secretly it was also agreed that US would remove its nuclear missiles from Turkey but wouldn’t declare so publicly/media.
    Non-superficial is a good thing :D

And even if it was a smokescreen, it would still explain his reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say his biggest achievement from what I've seen was laying the groundwork for the Civil Rights Act, but overall he seems to have as mixed a resume as most presidents.

Like, he also started US meddlings in Vietnam.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I'd say his biggest achievement from what I've seen was laying the groundwork for the Civil Rights Act, but overall he seems to have as mixed a resume as most presidents.

Like, he also started US meddlings in Vietnam.

Being US president is probably an impossible job. Any president is going to do good and bad things. They're under constant stress and have to make huge calls every single day. Of course there are going to be poor decisions among them. And JFK was no different. The reason people are still talking about him now is that they liked him.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #54
    Being US president is probably an impossible job. Any president is going to do good and bad things. They're under constant stress and have to make huge calls every single day. Of course there are going to be poor decisions among them. And JFK was no different. The reason people are still talking about him now is that they liked him.
    It's actually fucked up, technically you're the most powerful man in the world but it's still fucked up and will eat the stress out of you unless you are Donald Trump.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Not sure if serious here :D
    :D

there's a hungarian blog about conspiracy theories. a retired police officer runs it, and it's a good read when you take a dump and have a couple of minutes to just read something. the guy does his best to cover both the available facts and the conspiracy theories about selected topics like migration, the icelandic volcano, bruce lee's, kurt kobain's or dead's (per ohlin, mayhem's former singer) death, dyatlov pass incident, etc, and of course jfk's death. i just took the 3 most ridiculous theories from that article.

Jul 2, 2006
    And their motive in your opinion? JFK had a lot more on his agenda than Israel and I'm not sure how influential they were back in the 60's.
    As i said, they made an example of him. They designed USA as an instrument of their will, JFK acted independently. They wouldn't have it and they didn't. They made French decapitate their queen, Russians massacre family of Tsar and Turks exile their royal family. They had influence even way before than the 60's.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    As i said, they made an example of him. They designed USA as an instrument of their will, JFK acted independently. They wouldn't have it and they didn't. They made French decapitate their queen, Russians massacre family of Tsar and Turks exile their royal family. They had influence even way before than the 60's.
    Did israel even exist yet when most of this stuff occurred?

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    It's been a while now watching several documentaries about JFK and the conspiracy of the assassination and this week I'll also watch this series called "11.22.63" that was released last year I guess, yes that's how desperate I become when I start with a documentary:D. Anyway, before I finish with JFK documentaries/series and check some other stuff I thought I'd ask here those who have followed or read about the assassination, if they had to point a finger at some direction, who would it be pointed at and why?

Of course the conspiracy of Lee Oswald acted alone is still considered by many in States even though Oswald was assassinated himself few days later.

Other conspiracy theories suggest the CIA had part in this and used Oswald, the Mafia are also not excluded considering how powerful they were back in the days or even Cuba/Soviet Union and many other conspiracies.

Who do you think was involved or orchestrated the assassination?
    Ask Turk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)