Who is the greatest Italian player ever? (9 Viewers)

Greatest Italian Player Ever

• Roberto Baggio

• Franco Baresi

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Dino Zoff

• Paolo Maldinosaurus

• Fabio Cannavaro

• Giacinto Facchetti

• Giuseppe Bergomi

• Gaetano Scirea

• Gianluigi Buffon

• Giuseppe Meazza

• Luigi Riva

• Francesco Totti

• Alessandro Del Baggio

• Balotelli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
You're definitely right here.

Thats why i'll never understand arguments like "whose the best in [Insert team] history"

How can you assess a player that you haven't watched? On the basis of team honors?

Then 30 years from now, you'd find people who'd argue that G.Neville was one of the best defenders that ever lived with 11 premier league titles and 2 CL titles to his name. Maldini who?
Maldini "the 5 time CL winner" who.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
How many league titles has he won, and in how many years.

And for anyone who thinks that i actually rate Neville anywhere close to Maldini :)lol:), of course i don't. Just showing the flaw in rating players using team accomplishments.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Maldini isn't only one of the greatest Italian players ever, but one of the greatest players worldwide and it would be a shame to deny this. Only few defenders, very few defenders can be compared to him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Your the one who said Maldini who.

Did you really not get the point?

I rate Maldini, of course i do, he's the best defender i've ever watched play. How many times do i have to make that clear?

I used the Maldini Vs G.Neville example to show how flawed the arguments using team honors are.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know who's the greatest Italian player ever, but i know that Turk's post in page 1 is the greatest post ever.

I'll +rep it if i didn't already do it back then when he posted it :D

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Did you really not get the point?

I rate Maldini, of course i do, he's the best defender i've ever watched play. How many times do i have to make that clear?

I used the Maldini Vs G.Neville example to show how flawed the arguments using team honors are.
I did got your point. You just picked the wrong player with the Maldini who comment. He has more CL titles then G.Neville after all.

Then you said who has more league titles, but in the end CL is the daddy. Just like every time i see a look back of Zidane in tv they rave about his CL glory with Real instead of his time at Juve.

Or is it that in england epl title>CL title? Damn you Liverpool :sergio: :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nah man, you know i love Diego. He's the greatest player ever to live, hands down. I'm just showing Stephan how flawed his argument is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)