Who is the greatest Italian player ever? (5 Viewers)

Greatest Italian Player Ever

• Roberto Baggio

• Franco Baresi

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Dino Zoff

• Paolo Maldinosaurus

• Fabio Cannavaro

• Giacinto Facchetti

• Giuseppe Bergomi

• Gaetano Scirea

• Gianluigi Buffon

• Giuseppe Meazza

• Luigi Riva

• Francesco Totti

• Alessandro Del Baggio

• Balotelli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßüякε;2179456 said:
Not at all, I just don't care what you really think.

I presented my opinion and why I think the way I do, you guys are all Juve bias.
But the strange thing about that is Gentile, Scirea and Zoff were all Juve legends.

Albeit quite in the past.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
ßüякε;2179466 said:
....and put Buffon back at Parma and you guys wouldn't even be talking about him.
He's not at Parma anymore for a reason. But that's the point, put Di Stefano at Parma and he would have been just a great stiker, I suppose. Hey, Buffon is the most expensive goalkeeper ever, if you want to use such superficial facts.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I think the burden of proof is on you, considering Buffon doesn't have anywhere near Zoff's appearance and accomplishment record and Zoff is considered by some as the best of all time.
appearances? 400 to 600 club level and buffon will surpass him with la nazionale, what accomplishment has zoff won that buffon didnt? coppa? the most expensive goal keeper ever is peerless imo

ßüякε;2179456 said:
Not at all, I just don't care what you really think.

I presented my opinion and why I think the way I do, you guys are all Juve bias.
juve bias? :p they both played/play for juventus

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
appearances? 400 to 600 club level and buffon will surpass him with la nazionale, what accomplishment has zoff won that buffon didnt? coppa? the most expensive goal keeper ever is peerless imo
UEFA Cup.

But honestly, what makes Buffon better than Zoff? I just want someone to answer it once and for all, along with not including stuff like "he will" in their reasoning. Nothing is certain in life.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
UEFA Cup.

But honestly, what makes Buffon better than Zoff? I just want someone to answer it once and for all, along with not including stuff like "he will" in their reasoning. Nothing is certain in life.
Well i thought i made a interesting point before, with the Scireas and Gentiles. If those players are considered the best defenders in the world then doesnt that back Buffon, since he has always had "worse" back line in front of him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
UEFA Cup.

:lol: hes 13 games behind in caps for crying out loud, i ll bet you a grand 3 to 1 that he surpasses him :p as for the why hes better you really shouldnt be asking that since been watching juve every week for the last few years along with the different international competitions; Buffon is the best keeper i have watched play

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well i thought i made a interesting point before, with the Scireas and Gentiles. If those players are considered the best defenders in the world then doesnt that back Buffon, since he has always had "worse" back line in front of him.
But Thuram and Cannavaro were some of the best in the world, too. Everything considered it's not such a different situation.

:lol: hes 13 games behind in caps for crying out loud, i ll bet you a grand 3 to 1 that he surpasses him :p as for the why hes better you really shouldnt be asking that since been watching juve every week for the last few years along with the different international competitions; Buffon is the best keeper i have watched play
Yeah, but you probably haven't seen much of Zoff either.

Buffon is the best I've SEEN play, but I haven't seen others like Zoff play. So I have to go more on accomplishments and video.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But Thuram and Cannavaro were some of the best in the world, too. Everything considered it's not such a different situation.

Yeah, but you probably haven't seen much of Zoff either.

Buffon is the best I've SEEN play, but I haven't seen others like Zoff play. So I have to go more on accomplishments and video.
i havent seen as much of zoff but enough to form my opinion that buffon is better

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When Juventus fans are the counter party, absolutely. I know how ridiculous we can be. It's the same everywhere else and people just can't take things for what they are.
Yep, btw I said 'benefitted from propaganda', it shouldn't be underestimated for the time, he was a national hero and worldwide emblem.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The game was ultra defensive then.
And? Some even argue the game in Italy is ultra-defensive now.

How about we award more points to the Spanish keepers since their league isn't the best defensively?

I hate how people of today act like they know everything by offering excuses for accomplishments back in the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)