Who is the biggest absent player in Euro 2008? (5 Viewers)

[Plz be objective] Who is the biggest absent player in Euro 2008?

• Nedved

• Trezeguet

• Raul

• Bojan Krkic

• Gael Clichy

• Mathieu Flamini

• Louis Saha

• Filippo Inzaghi

• Tomas Rosicky

• Clarence Seedorf

• Mark van Bommel

• Maniche

• Hakan Sukur

• Wayne Rooney

• Frank Lampard

• Steven Gerrard

• David Beckham

• Eduardo Da Silva

Results are only viewable after voting.

Geof

May 14, 2004
I voted Gerrard.

Not because I wanted the English to qualify, nor because they deserved anything, but just because he's the biggest player of the list IMO.

If the question was "Who is the .... of the QUALIFIED teams", I'd probably vote Trezeguet. When Serie A's top goalscorer is from a qualified country, it just feels horribly wrong to have him watch the Euro from his couch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I voted Gerrard.

Not because I wanted the English to qualify, nor because they deserved anything, but just because he's the biggest player of the list IMO.

If the question was "Who is the .... of the QUALIFIED teams", I'd probably vote Trezeguet. When Serie A's top goalscorer is from a qualified country, it just feels horribly wrong to have him watch the Euro from his couch.
Indeed. The better one player is, the more his absence would be noticed. Gerrard will be missed but I honstly feel for Trez and Raul more. Their teams are qualified, they both have been in great form and they have to watch the tournament on TV.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Their wonderful NT didn't qualify and didn't deserve to qualify. No one will miss them in the EUROs. But Gerrard is one of the best players out there and not only me, but the whole tournament also would miss him.
Gerrard is a big name player,probably the biggest in the list as Geof said,but he hasnt really reached the same highs for the English NT as he has done for Liverpool IMO.Plus a Spain team without Raul sounds more absurd to me than an English team without Gerrard.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I would give it to Nesta,but now that he is not playing,it means Chiellini could be the starter central defender alongside Cannavaro..so im gonna have to say Eduardo da silva,Nedved and Trezeguet, i feel Neddy should have played again for Czech,as this may be his and Del Piero's last Euro..

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I voted Trezeguet. Because if you compare him with anyone on the list, he's had the better, more impactful season and yet is an omission.

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
I'd say Rosicky, although Trezeguet had a good season, France still has a great team capable of taking the Euro (if it wasn't for Domenech). As for Czech Republic they're missing Nedved and now Rosicky, it's a big loss for Czech.

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Every player who deserved to go to the Euros is absent for some reason.

But Raul? Thats pure idiocy. I don't recall any conflict between him and Aragones. Raul should be there not only for his form but easily for his stature, influence and reputation. His presence itself would make a difference for Spain.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I voted Gerrard.

If it is just about "big", as opposed to who had a great season, then you have to go with Trezeguet at 190cm on size. (Nice one, Ikoninhosa :tup: ).

But if it's the best player out there not in it, it has to be Cristian Brocchi. :p

Who makes Mexes look like the asinine twerp that he truly is, btw. :agree:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

:agree:

He would definitely made a difference, but Croatians saying that they were going to win the cup if he was available is a big crap :disagree:
I don't think anyone the least objective said that as a certainty but heck, look at Greece 4 years ago.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
and Denmark at 92. I know, these things happen, but I was reading that day on world soccer that Croatians were seeing themselves as favorites if Eduardo was there that's what I meant, of course every team out there has the chance, well except Austria maybe :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)