Who is the best young Italian!? (2 Viewers)

OP
Codino

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    well for my choice... i think that Cassano is the player to watch!
    he has already shown his skill and maturity and also has been dubbed as the next baggio!? anyone who is said to become as good as baggio must have talent!!! :D

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Well I haven't seen that much of Cassano so it's hard to tell. Maybe Roma will let him play more this season. The little I saw sure looks promising.

I fancy Pirlo. He is going to be BIG! Hopfully Milan will help him with that already in this season :)

Bonera is one of them as well. The next Nesta?

JKane

May 31, 2001
    I see many young talented plyaers.

Of course our Matteo Brighi, Emiliano Moretti, Mauro Camoranesi, Manuele Blasi or Marco Zanchi.

Then there is (of course) Cassano (well, he's a bighead, but a talented bighead :D ) , Fabio Gatti (Perugia), Generoso Rossi (Venezia), Bonera (Parma), Bellini (Atalanta), Ferrari (Parma), Paolo Cannavaro (Parma), Donati (Milan), Marchionni (very talented right - wing, Parma), Maccarone (just signed for Middlesborough [wrong spelling, I know :mad:]), Pirlo (Milan), Bonazzoli (Parma), Castellini (Toro), Dainelli (Hellas, but owned by Brescia), Lucchini (Ternana), Pinzi (Udinese), Iaquinta (Udinese), Pelizzoli (Roma) and Caracciolo (Brescia).

delpi25

Jul 16, 2002
    I think that Enzo Maresca is a player to watch out for in the future. He played well when he played for Juventus last season and is starting this season with Piacenza and will get more game time, to show off his talents

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't think he played that well. Sure, he didn't get much chance, but still ... he always plays better for another club.

delpi25

Jul 16, 2002
    I also think that Massimo Maccerone is a great player to watch out for, but im not happy about his transfer to Middlesborough. He would have had a greater chance of making the Italian side in the next few years if he stayed in Italy.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    I doubt that. If he stayed in some Seria A club, he would hardly get the chance to play (example Cassano), but in England he'll probably be a starter and therefor will have the opportunity to develop his game more quickly, not to mention constantly :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Let him come to Holland! Ajax could do with a decent striker anyway :D

After seeing him in the U-21 European Championships I think this kid has what it takes to make it!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Excusez moi, Erik.... but in the event that you are talking about Cassano, he was dropped for the most recent U21 Euro, remember? :angel:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Best young Italians i have seen are Brighi, Cassano, Pirlo and i like the look of Blasi. I have to be honest i haven'e seen any outstanding talent in the defence

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Goalkeeper : Pelizzoli

Defenders : Bonera,Bellini

Midfielders : Brighi,Blasi

Attackers : Pirlo,Cassano,Bonazolli,Maccarone

A few of the players to watch for in the future of Italian football.

JKane

May 31, 2001
    It's Bonazzoli, not Bonazolli.

He's a young striker, playin' (or sitting on the bench) for Parma. Quite tall, hence strong in the air.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Excusez moi, Erik.... but in the event that you are talking about Cassano, he was dropped for the most recent U21 Euro, remember? :angel:
    I was talking about Maccarone... jetlag is still getting me confused! :D

OP
    Codino

Codino

The Rival
    Jul 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    yeh camoranesi is in his mid 20's... he has pent his time at small clubs.. i hop juventus will give him a chance to show his true potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)