Who is more imbecilic? Moratti or Perez? (9 Viewers)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
When Samuel was with us, he was one of, if not the best in the world, of course he had a bad season at Madrid, defenders get no protection there. Cordoba on the other hand is good, I just dont trust him really. Maybe a bit unfair, but I always expect him to make a mistake.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
When Samuel was with us, he was one of, if not the best in the world, of course he had a bad season at Madrid, defenders get no protection there . Cordoba on the other hand is good, I just dont trust him really. Maybe a bit unfair, but I always expect him to make a mistake.
protection for defenders?

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++

they got

adriano - martins
SOLARI-veron-PIZZARO-FIGO
WOME-SAMUEL-cordoba-zanetti

5 out of their starting 11 are new!
That's a pretty sick team. And I was thinking there must be a day when Inter will win something (better than the Coppa).

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
But look at it in this way Stuart, they did get Samuel but they are considering selling Cordoba. Again stupidity highlighted.
Seriously? I didn't know that. Selling Cordoba would be ridiculous. Who's he been linked to?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Layce Erayce ] ++

Cordoba is a phenomenal defender. He aint a big name, but his performances at Inter have been top-notch. Samuel has more of a reputation, but Cordoba can easily hold his own.

Pity Davids didnt work out :down:
Agreed. Cordoba has been Inter's best centre back over the course of the last two seasons.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
When Samuel was with us, he was one of, if not the best in the world, of course he had a bad season at Madrid, defenders get no protection there. Cordoba on the other hand is good, I just dont trust him really. Maybe a bit unfair, but I always expect him to make a mistake.
samuel used to get a lot more help at roma. cordoba had to do everything by himslef esspecially this year

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Seriously? I didn't know that. Selling Cordoba would be ridiculous. Who's he been linked to?
I don't know to which club, but I read somewhere that they are considering selling him. Come to think of it, he will be a good backup in our team.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Cordoba is fantastic, and might i add, extremely solid. He is a Montero'esque sort of player. And even when compared with the likes of Samuel, he is more than capable of holding his own. I'd gladly give up the names that are currently being linked with Inter if they are for Cordoba's services: Blasi, Gianni or even Miccoli.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
It depends on what you mean by imbecillic as i do not think either is an imbecille as they both are trying to win trophies the way they know how. In Real madrid's case by buying galaticos and in Morriati's case by buying players that he thinks will win him the scudetto.
Perez has reduced the debit that they have by buying players who sell shirts, they more or less fill the Bernabeu which hold 90,000 fans because of these players and no they have not won anything for 2 seasons but some of their fans are so glad about the players they get to see week in week out. They get excited by the fact that Robinho will be plying his trade in their colours next season and they wait with baited excitement who will come the season after that.
Inter have players that excite their fans as well, they do not have any money probs and that cannot be totally due to Moratti's wealth.
They have not won much but their fans still keep on coming and they have started to play exciting football

We, on the other hand ,win countless trophies but do not play football the way everybody likes it to be played but there is nothing wrong with that as long as every fan is happy
Can you honestly say every Juve fans is happy the way we have gone about our biz?.

Along the way , the most exciting players in world football have played for Inter what excatly is imbecillic about that?

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #58
    I meant imbecilic in terms of how they put together a squad of a decent number of players and the decisions they make in the transfer market to help their team on the pitch. See that? On the pitch, not in the books.

An imbecilic thing to do is not fix a glarring weakness in your team, such as the case with Perez's lack of defensive options the past few years. An imbecilic thing to do is give away top prospects for Dario Simic and Tomas Helveg, as such the case with Moratti. Perhaps I should have said "more inept on the transfer market," but my point remains.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Would you say it is imbecillic of Juventus not to add creativity to the side when everyone and his dog knows we chronically lack that?

Is it imbeccillic of Juve not to buy a decent right back, we have not had that in ages?

When you say Real deficiency in defence or lack of options, they did try to do so with Samuel but it did not work out
    They have tried with Gravesen as well but the thing is in Spain the assent is on attack not defence

As for Inter, i just think they are cursed nothing to do with Morratti

Don't know what you mean by Simic and Helveg for prospects but its not Morratti's fault that Pirlo Seedorf and so many others decided to thrive at Milan and not Inter

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #60
    Creativity is not needed to win Championships, just look at what we did last season. However, I concur with you. Moggi should have went after a player such as Pizarro even though Capello doesn't need that type of player. Is that imbecilic? Hardly.

Inter are cursed? So you don't think their lack of success has anything to do with the managerial merry-go-round over the past decade constructed by Moratti, or how about the "quick fix" of selling a player after only one season and buying another overpriced player to fill in only to start all over again? Without stability you don't have confidence. Inter has been too static to instill confidence in players and coaches. They start to feel the pressure, just like in 2002, and that stems from bad decisions at the top of the chain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)