Who is better - Henry or Del Piero (2 Viewers)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Yeah, I agree! Henry is simply class!
Being a Del Piero fan myself, I still think and wish DP could be better, or as good as he used to be in 97-98! At that time, DP was probably as good as Henry now! :D

Square

Oct 6, 2002
[extreme sarcasm] wow what an amazing question :rolleyes: [/extreme sarcasm]

why choose the comparison? you must have an agenda against del piero.

for a fairer comparison, lets compare del piero now, with henry with a potentially career ending injury, and see how he performs 6 years later after continuing fitness problems.

or we can do it the other way around. lets compare henry now to del piero of 95/96. here it is no contest, del piero simply wipes the floor with henry.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++

for a fairer comparison, lets compare del piero now, with henry with a potentially career ending injury, and see how he performs 6 years later after continuing fitness problems.

or we can do it the other way around. lets compare henry now to del piero of 95/96. here it is no contest, del piero simply wipes the floor with henry.
What does that mean?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
some1 said henry dibbles better then Dp?? thats wrong Dp can pass any defender he wants ....Henry as finishing i admit he's better , as freekicks : 100% Del piero.... passes 94% Del piero.. plus i don't think henry ever get injured like our Striker get.. so it's normal for him with the time to start playing like class player , but in general he aint better then del piero.... and let it be known!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

:thumb::touched: Every single word is true! Well done!

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
How fantastic! DP was better than Henry...................6 years ago!

I say we keep him and pay him an enormous salary - just because he was good in 1995/96.

At the same time I think we should pay a load of money to Michel Platini because he was good in the eighties!

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
some1 said henry dibbles better then Dp?? thats wrong Dp can pass any defender he wants
Actually you are right Del Piero is a better dribbler but Henry gets past players easier than Del Piero mainly because he is so fast.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

Actually you are right Del Piero is a better dribbler but Henry gets past players easier than Del Piero mainly because he is so fast.
yea he is faster i know , but Dp is amazing in dribbling ......

Square

Oct 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
How fantastic! DP was better than Henry...................6 years ago!

I say we keep him and pay him an enormous salary - just because he was good in 1995/96.

At the same time I think we should pay a load of money to Michel Platini because he was good in the eighties!
the advertising revenue, merchandising and so on from del piero is enormous. HE IS THE SINGLE BIGGEST PULL FACTOR JUVE HAS.

you cannot compare 2 players in 2 different contexts. either have the same context for both, or dont compare. this is basic logic.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
you cannot compare dp with henry now. dp is older.

if you compare dp of 95/96 with henry as someone said, then dp is much better.

But DP will be back....... one day! (I hope so)

i'm afraid it's a little bit late :rolleyes:

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003

you cannot compare 2 players in 2 different contexts. either have the same context for both, or dont compare. this is basic logic.
I completely agree, I was just saying that it was even more pointless comparing Henry to a DP of 7+ years ago.

I still believe DP is living off the reputation and performances that he produced between 1995 and 1998. It seems strange to me that he is still such a merchandisable (is that even a word?!) player and brings in such amounts of cash for Juve - seeing as he hasn't reached (in terms of performance) those heights for a long time now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)