Who is better - Henry or Del Piero (3 Viewers)

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
I don't know what's the real purpose of this thread. Any true soccer fan realizes that it's nonsense to compare these 2 players, especially this season.

Jul 28, 2002
henry vs dp, this seaosn henry wins by such a big margine its closer to get to mars than the gap between dp and henry.

Henry is the worlds best at the mo, i prefer him to snotti totti.

Dp of yester year (97), may be able to compete with the henry we see today.

But now, there is no more dangerous player than henry at the moment.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Even if DP was at his long gone best, this wud still be a difficult question, becoz i feel DP and Henry are two very different type of strikers. Henry is definitely more agile and a lot quicker, while Dp relies on ball control and skill, and less on speed.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
keeping it short and sweet martin :groan:
:)

Just the way I see it, John. I don't prescribe to the Henry-is-god mentality but I still think he has a lot more to offer than DP currently.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
How fantastic! DP was better than Henry...................6 years ago!

I say we keep him and pay him an enormous salary - just because he was good in 1995/96.

At the same time I think we should pay a load of money to Michel Platini because he was good in the eighties!
I agree totally ,why do we need him on the basis that he was good 10 years ago and to wait that he someday will return to his form , i said it before i am shure dp own a percent in the club:(

Mar 21, 2004
we can't compare a 29 years old player to a 26 years old one.specially when one of them is injured and the next one spends the best days of his carrer...
but tell me where was henry at italy?only a MID footballer..
yeah!i think he is one of the best players right now...
but accept this that he's got injured less than ale.
serie A is the most difficult league and if one could show his abilities at this league(with such defenders)i can name him an EXCELLENT footballer.

OP

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    Definitely did not post the question in sarcasm. Not one bit. Those who said that DP was excellent in that 97-98 season are spot on, though I am not sure if Henry today is not better than DP then?. That was his best season to date. Those who compared him to what Henry is now are also right in saying that they are comparable. However, that DP is much older than Henry is not true. Is DP not 29 this year and only a mere two years older than Henry?

Think the problem with DP is that he has not the physical gifts that Henry has, such as pace. Also, Henry is not as prone to errors like DP was, even in his prime. More importantly, DP's mental strength has always been suspect. Look at how he crumbled when Cesare Maldini put the entire country's hopes and expectations on him in the World Cup six years ago :down:

DP never terrified defences like Henry does these days. The only strikers who have instilled such fear in defenders in recent years are Ronaldo (before the 1998 World Cup Final meltdown) and Vieri (2-3 years ago).

All said, I wish that DP will return to the heights that he attained in that magnificent season.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    DP has better Dribbling Skills,plus DP has the knowledge of the SERIE A,not the Fake EPL, + the Capitano knows all ;)

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
    Henry does not have the vision, ability, creativity, class or raw talent of Del Piero: no contest. The Italian wins.
    first you say that milan is the best team, now this. man, its getting serious. :scared:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)