Who do you want to become our next coach? (1 Viewer)

Who do you want as new coach?

• Cesare Prandelli (AC Parma)

• Luigi DelNeri (Chievo Verona)

• José Mourinho (FC Porto)

• Didier Deschamps (AS Monaco)

• Claudio Ranieri (Chelsea FC)

• Someone else; ... (please post your favourite)

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #61
    ++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
    Just one Cosmetic question to the thread
    if some1 chooses someone else and states will you then add that person's name to the thread and give them candidtate a 1 vote count since some1 choose them on other
    :lazy:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    IF I can suggest I think we should add

Trap (because of nostalgia and some people are still naive thinking he is better then Liippi)

Having Lippi staying (since he made this option a possiblity)

Joint Leadership (my so called utopian dream)

Carlos Bianchi (Its interesting to see what people will think of him on here on the forum he is the most succesfull coach of the last 10years title-wise)

Arsene Wegner (one of the few explatnation marks of the lost generation)

And Anceloti (To see if any1 will be crazy enough to choose him)

MAybe making a new poll with more options would be a good idea

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #63
    What? Why does everyone keep doing that? Wrap up demands in a suggestion-paper-wrap and throw it at me at any given time...

Get your own damn forum!

:D;)

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    I can't believe Prandelli got that many votes

I mean 2 years ago the guy went on a like 8game loosing spree with Venezia and got fired mid season
    ENsuring that Venezia was last in the table from day1 when they got whipped 4-0 by a certain Juve with a certain Lippi who had just come back

he is a very dodgy and uncertain bet
    IMHO

To me getting him is like getting Anceloti

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    Sorry to make your life hard Erik

:D

but I thought it would just be fun to see who people would react with like a few more option or a lot more option

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
    This is like the busies period for me
    SO I have almost no time But I have this contact in ITaly that keeps me updated with Juve and it sounded like PRandelli was a done deal to him
    and then I just found out about the fact that contacts have been taking with Didier and I deicded to make a quick appreance

Anyways PRandelli, Guidolin, Cosmi, Del Neri, and Ancelotti

All belong to the generation of pretenders they are only trying to live up to the standarnd that the generation before them

Trap, Lippi, Capello and Sachhi had set not trying to excel or go beyond them....

Mourinho and Deschamps are the first of this new generation of football that think there is much left to develop and discover about the game that the previous generations have not discovered
    they take in elements from other sports and bring them into football revitalising the game and this is essential and this is why taking one of them will bring us to the pinnacle of world football since together with Chelsea (who by 95% chance will have Moruniho next season) We will set the new standards for how football ought to be played....

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++

Mourinho and Deschamps are the first of this new generation of football that think there is much left to develop and discover about the game that the previous generations have not discovered
    they take in elements from other sports and bring them into football revitalising the game and this is essential and this is why taking one of them will bring us to the pinnacle of world football since together with Chelsea (who by 95% chance will have Moruniho next season) We will set the new standards for how football ought to be played....

I like this concept sutnop...well put

Dec 27, 2003
    Deschamps is one blatantly overrated coach if you ask me.

Prandelli would fit into Juve's philosophy nicely.

I have two somewhat appealing suggestions to make : Delio Rossi and that Benitez guy from Valencia.

Dec 27, 2003
    To start with, he has a well assembled and very talented team on which to rely.

Secondly, he's had only just one ok season (last year) and one good season (the current one) so far : in his first year with Monaco they nearly got relegated despite having a competitive squad.

Thirdly, he is a hypocrite who won't say his reasons for not picking a player, this according to Simone.

And finally, my hamster on weed speaks better French than him.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    His first season at Monaco was his first as a coach. Ever. True they fell to around 16th place and finished around 10th but cut him some slack (no pun intended) will you?

Second season was already very good and this year has been mind blowing.

So it's about Simone now? I'd rather take a coach that has results rather than a player who can't seem to get along with him. Descamps dropped Simone and Gallardo and you know the victor is always right. Why he did or didn't matters little in light of playing the CL final this week.

As for having a talented and competitive squad, that's not exactly guarantee for success. The players have been playing with a constant fear of getting sold because the club can't afford them and is seriously indebted. If Mancini is a good motivator in that situation the DD damn well is too.

Not to mention that despite the talented squad, he has actually developed the players to a whole other level. Did you know that Guily has been a Monaco player for 6 years? Why did he suddenly become a hero now? How come Evra is the hottest left back in Europe right now? How do you explain what happened to Rothen?

No, I don't see your criticism as valid. As for speaking French I'm no authority on the subject.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #80
    I have to jump in on Martin's defense here. I am far from pro-France or anything that relates to the French part of Europe but Didier Deschamps and Monaco are a success-story that baffles the French armed forces.

Not only has he managed to turn around a team within the space of a season, he also produced an outfit succesful on multiple fronts, even in the Champions League.

Still, I was always convinced that a really good coach manages to improve the players of his team individually. Deschamps has certainly done that with Giuly, Evra, Rothen and quite a number of others.

I like to compare him to Bert van Marwijk, who managed to win a UEFAcup with Feyenoord and steer them high up the table again this season despite losing four key players over the summer and getting virtually no good purchases in return. Deschamps beats Van Marwijk though, because the latter failed to make a star of talents such as Van Persie and Ono. Something Deschamps has proven he can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)