Which players would you sell this summer (2021)? (3 Viewers)

Players to get rid of:

• Total voters

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Tbh that is his problem. Not yours, mine, or anyone else.

I'm not claiming that his job is easy or that I could do better, nor has recent events (e.g. COVID) made his job any easier. However, we went from the joke of being known as a selling club to a joke of not being able move bad contracts.

Bottom line that I believe most agree on is that he needs to continue his squad renovation from last summer. But this time he has players he can potentially flip compared to Higuaín and Blaise who probably had to zero NPV book values with years remaining on their deals.
The problem is that we only sold our best players for big sums and not everytime.
As for selling we were always bad at that .( I remember the llorente and tevez cases in particular ).
Old washed up players on big wages ,you can't simply get rid of.
I expect the same with Ramsey. There is no way we get to sell him. Maybe a loan if we are lucky.

If it weren't for these economic gymnastics most of our sells would be underwhelming.
Granted most of our jabronis don't have any appeal outside of Italy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
It still bugs me why on earth did we offer Ramsey so big wages. Its not like whole Europe was after him and we had to compete, and lets face it he is not a 7,5m a year player. He shouls have been offered less. Now good luck selling him.

But it is not the first time for us to do this, it wont be the last sadly.

OP
s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #65
    thats because I never said anything about Cuadrado other than I like Chiesa more. I think the worst thing I said about him was that he was average. May have called him a jabroni as well, but I use that word loosely. I definitely don’t hate the guy, and I’m fine with him on the team. Now Ramsey on the other hand...
    i remember other comments too, but let's leave it like that :dule:

i didn't vote, but if i did, berna and ramsey would certainly be in my top3 "sell asap" list. when it comes to other players, it all depends on the replacements. sandro regressed a lot for this season, dybala is an obvious issue, we could easily use better players than bentancur, rabiot, mckennie and arthur at midfield, i'm still hoping that pirlo (or our next coach) will settle with a flat 4-3-something formation which requires other players than a 4-4-2 or this hybrid shit, but if the replacements are luca pellegrini for sandro, or depay for dybala, then why even bother.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
    It still bugs me why on earth did we offer Ramsey so big wages. Its not like whole Europe was after him and we had to compete, and lets face it he is not a 7,5m a year player. He shouls have been offered less. Now good luck selling him.

He was coming off a good season with arsenal and we probably didn't want other clubs to hijack the deal.
    Now ,in hindsight this is definitely a stupid deal.
    His performance hasn't justified his salary and I think we are stuck with him.
    Bad move by tici.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

Making up for a free transfer so he couldn't refuse

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
    I wonder how many we can realistically get rid off in the summer. I’ve read some rumours about Rabiot, but wonder if clubs would be willing to spend on the likes of berna, benta, Ramsey and Bonucci during Corona..

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
    Wouldn't touch our defense.

DeLigt, BonBon, Chiello and Demiral (+Dragu? :scared: ) are a fine mixture of young and old and we really have other problems to take care of first.
    we could do with some young promising (perhaps more offensive) fullbacks though. Start as backups and then fight their way into the starting lineup.

Of course our midfield should be the number one priority though

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    I wonder how many we can realistically get rid off in the summer. I’ve read some rumours about Rabiot, but wonder if clubs would be willing to spend on the likes of berna, benta, Ramsey and Bonucci during Corona..
    We’re collectors of dead weight and then that dead weight don’t wanna leave or simply nobody wants them. If we get rid of ONE it’s a victory.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    The problem is that we only sold our best players for big sums and not everytime.
    As for selling we were always bad at that .( I remember the llorente and tevez cases in particular ).
    Old washed up players on big wages ,you can't simply get rid of.
    I expect the same with Ramsey. There is no way we get to sell him. Maybe a loan if we are lucky.

If it weren't for these economic gymnastics most of our sells would be underwhelming.
    Granted most of our jabronis don't have any appeal outside of Italy.
    Of course part of the joke of being labeled a 'selling club' was that we didn't max out on gains. case and point see Vidal (despite the alleged circumstances and stories behind that entire move). I said the same about the Tevez deal where we got fvcked hard on that deal which was rotten from the start.

While the players mentioned in the poll here are quite different (higher contract value but lower book/market value). I would still expect market opportunities (i cringed as I typed that) to move them w/ a possible chance of building in some margin. Yes, even Berna. Supply will be high this summer, deemand will still be there. We just can't expect max gains on a sale.

just my two cents

Jun 16, 2020
    I voted for Bernardeschi and Ramsey, as they are the most important sales we have to make. Both don’t add anything to this team and they cost a lot, ~11m net in wages.

I’d be happy to sell one between Bentancur and Rabiot, they have to show who deserves to stay as the season is still long. Bentancur is probably easier to sell, as Rabiot has a high salary.

Than there are the obvious names that already are away on loan: De Sciglio, Rugani, Costa, Pjaca, Perin and perhaps Pellegrini (depends if we sell Frabotta).

If a nice offer arrives I don’t mind selling Sandro, but it also depends on who we could possibly get as replacement.

Somehow wouldn’t be surprised if we’d sell Ronaldo, maybe he wants to try it somewhere else.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    i remember other comments too, but let's leave it like that :dule:

i didn't vote, but if i did, berna and ramsey would certainly be in my top3 "sell asap" list. when it comes to other players, it all depends on the replacements. sandro regressed a lot for this season, dybala is an obvious issue, we could easily use better players than bentancur, rabiot, mckennie and arthur at midfield, i'm still hoping that pirlo (or our next coach) will settle with a flat 4-3-something formation which requires other players than a 4-4-2 or this hybrid shit, but if the replacements are luca pellegrini for sandro, or depay for dybala, then why even bother.
    I would take depay over Dybala. He’s a better fit for our roster and set up. Also cheaper. Dybala is too expensive to not be a fixture in the starting 11.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    it's just some harmless fun and part of the discussion. the same question is always discussed in the mercato threads anyway. as far as i'm concerned, it can be closed, these ~50 votes already give us an idea on tuz's current collective opinion. not many surprises here, berna is an easy candidate for the top spot any day of the year, bonbon is public enemy number 2 usually, rest of the top5 was more or less predictable after yesterday's shitshow. it would have been quite a bit different after our 6 match winning streak.

i'm a bit surprised that danilo got more than 1 vote, he's a solid squad player at least, and that @DanielSz didn't pick cuadrado :p
    I get what you mean but this is very predictable as you just noticed. Why not extending it to proposing solutions too? I mean, there will be people who'd just change the coach and that's it, while some others would trade CR7 and Dybala just to get Haaland and play vanilla 433. This would have been more interesting :p

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I guess the ones that voted for Woj mean to replace him with Donnarumma for free but I dont think we will have this option as he will extend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)