Which players should be sent out come summer? (1 Viewer)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
For me, everybody there can leave. This mercato will demonstrate whether GM is actually able to clear out legitimate 'dead wood'.

I would also be inclined to give Martinez a second chance, considering, as a matter of principle, I generally think it's REALLY unwise to sell a player after one season (at a loss, after a significant expenditure) - especially given his issues with injuries, team disfunction, and the fact that it's possible we'll have a new coach/system next year. If we were going to be consistently playing a 4-3-3, he might be able to provide some useful squad depth.

Of course, if we were to get an offer for Jorge close to what we paid for him, I'd sell him in a second. But that's not going to happen.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jorge Martinez - TBH I expected a lot of him when he came, but obviously not his fault that he is playing out of position 9/10 times, I am not even sure if he has featured 10 times this season :shifty:

Many (Andy) may wonder why I didn't include Simone Pepe in this list, but he needs to stay as we can not afford to buy another backup. He can pretty much play on both wings and if we get a starting LW maybe we could send a youngster to Udinese to bring his price "down".
:confused2

That's like saying well, I better buy this 700 Euro HDTV because I can't afford to buy another HDTV. :confused:

And who in their right mind would buy Martinez off us now? It's foolish to even suggest that. Martinez is going to stay and be a backup -- a pricey backup.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #38
    :confused2

That's like saying well, I better buy this 700 Euro HDTV because I can't afford to buy another HDTV. :confused:

And who in their right mind would buy Martinez off us now? It's foolish to even suggest that. Martinez is going to stay and be a backup -- a pricey backup.
    I didn't write a list on who Juve will kick out, but a list on who they should kick out. We may get some of our money back if Lazio, Viola etc are interested in Martinez.

Regarding Pepe, a backup position for LW should be our last concern this summer.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    100% agree with everyone you mentioned!!
    I really hope we will make it and kick the dead wood out.

Please Juve,do the right choices!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I didn't write a list on who Juve will kick out, but a list on who they should kick out. We may get some of our money back if Lazio, Viola etc are interested in Martinez.

Regarding Pepe, a backup position for LW should be our last concern this summer.
    Don't you think 7.5M Euros is steep for Pepe? You don't think that could be used elsewhere, or that we could buy a better player for that amount? I know we could. Hell, we could have already but we weren't interested in those options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)