Which players should be sent out come summer? (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So, how will you monetize the money we paid for Martinez? Trading him with Pepe that has a pricetag of 7.5M wouldn't be a bad move since probably we can't get more than 5M for Martinez alone.

... now you say Pepe doesn't worth his pricetag. Yeah, I agree, but still he could be useful for some situations. On the other side, Martinez is always useless.
It's a waste either way. Pepe is usually useless as well apart from a couple matches.

The easiest thing to do is not exercise the option on Pepe. If it was me, I'd bring back Giovinco and use him as a sub for the 4-3-3. The money not wasted on Le Pew would then go towards a quality player.

But alas, everyone will get their wish and Le Pew will stay.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
It's a waste either way. Pepe is usually useless as well apart from a couple matches.

The easiest thing to do is not exercise the option on Pepe. If it was me, I'd bring back Giovinco and use him as a sub for the 4-3-3. The money not wasted on Le Pew would then go towards a quality player.
Easier said than done.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #68

What makes you think he'll stay here as a sub? Lets face it. The kid wants to be a starter. He'll be stuck in Parma for the rest of his life rather than be benched in Juve.
    How often would we use 4-3-3 with DN next year? If we got Gio back we would waste him the LW in 4-4-2 as we do to Martinez.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    What makes you think he'll stay here as a sub? Lets face it. The kid wants to be a starter. He'll be stuck in Parma for the rest of his life rather than be benched in Juve.
    How often would we use 4-3-3 with DN next year? If we got Gio back we would waste him the LW in 4-4-2 as we do to Martinez.
    You're about to go down and you won't even know what hit you...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    He wouldn't be benched. I'd use Seba a lot, actually.

But with this management and DN, he won't be back, I admit.

Still don't want to see Pepe next season.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011

I wouldn't give an € for him, too. Still, Pepe would be an improvement to Martinez and I wouldn't see it as a bad trade.

Giovinco. :heart:
    The guy deserves more a place in Juventus than half of our squad together (the bad half, :D).

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
    He wouldn't be benched. I'd use Seba a lot, actually.

But with this management and DN, he won't be back, I admit.

Still don't want to see Pepe next season.
    :agree:

With a proper coach we could use him as Milan use their four players (Ibra, Pato, Robinho, Cassano) for their two/three slots.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    OUT without a DOUBT...Amauri, Iaquinta, Momo, Motta, Traore, Grosso, Grygera, Sali, Manninger...

Likely to be sold...Tiago, 50% Giovinco, remaining 50% Lanzafame, martinez.

the 50% of giovinco is impossible to predict presently. Parma could go down, in which case I highly doubt that sebastian would stay there. At best they are going to finish near the bottom, so the same thing applies...why would he wish to stay there???? Either a new manager will replace Del neri, who invites giovinco back for the summer to see how he does pre-season, OR...i expect that 50% to be used in a part exchange deal for another player, or sold to another serie A club. Remember...the option parma has, means fuck all if giovinco himself says NO.

Leaving us...
    GK: buffon, storari
    LB- de ceglie
    RB- Sorenson
    CB-chiellini, barzagli, bonucci
    CM- Melo, marchisio
    Regista- Aquilani
    LW-Pepe
    RW- Krasic
    SS- DP, Quag
    prima punta- matri, toni

Needing LB + RB + LW STARTERS...pepe, sorenson, de ceglie will provide challenge/cover for those positions.

If marotta can get rid of even 70% of our dead wood, he will be doing very well indeed. Bring in massive improvements for LB,RB,LW as well as signing matri, quags, aqui, pepe...truly, i cannot ask for any more.

before we can seriously consider a title challenge we MUST, obviously, have a solid starting Xi.

(also worth mentioning is martinez...if we have a new manager who actually uses him as a wide forward, rather than demanding he play left midfield, as a winger both attacking and defending...then perhaps we could end up with a better return on our investement in him last summer...thats a big IF though...clearly, he is a much better player than we have seen so far in his time at Juve, but what do you expect if you ask a baker to play butcher?)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    i'd like to add de ceglie to that list, because he is just to fragile to be fielded anywhere nearer to a football pitch than in a 2 miles radius around it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)