Where will you be in 2050? (5 Viewers)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I know I'll never use that second one you mentioned. :D

Luckily, it's much easier in Norwegian: skål.

Some Scot's use the traditional 'slange va'

Poku...how do you pronounce the last part of your post phonetically

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
ah, I should have known that one, it's the same in Swedish (or at least it's pronounced the same way...) Try it, it's really funny, everybody laughs at that point... HÖLÖKYNKÖLÖKYN everyone!!

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
The reason I'm asking is, it reads like.....'who you lookin at? who you lookin at?'

Now we also use that in Scotland, but it's not a friendly greeting:D

You usually get the glass over your head at this point

Rushy

The Poet
Jul 3, 2004
You finish folks are good at the drinking part... I was in Trysil, and our neighbours were finish... They hang up a large sign were it stands "Bonnski Basecamp"... They was drunk the hole time... They were'nt actually there to skii.....

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Some Scot's use the traditional 'slange va'

Poku...how do you pronounce the last part of your post phonetically
bad one... Maybe Martin "kan hjälpa mig" in this one...

It's really hard to explain to a foreigner in live situation, I don't think that I can explain it here...

something like "holo kun koylonkyn"

:dielaugh:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Rushy ] ++
You finish folks are good at the drinking part... I was in Trysil, and our neighbours were finish... They hang up a large sign were it stands "Bonnski Basecamp"... They was drunk the hole time... They were'nt actually there to skii.....
surprise surprise... :D Well, we're not all that bad, really!! :D :dielaugh:

Just a stupid joke:

- What's the difference between Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish drinking habits?

- Swedish drinks booze with water, Norwegian drinks booze without water and Finnish drinks booze like water...

And Martin, at least you can pronounce Ö and Ä

River

Jun 15, 2004
'going out for a drink', ...goin' for a swallay
'lets go out for a few drinks'

'the process of getting p*ss*d', ...on the bevy, or off the ramadan
'lets go out for a few drinks'

'getting a carry out (drink to take home)', ...gettin' a cargo to sink.
'lets go get a few drinks'

Few is a physcological thing that works every time on my friends. :D

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

No wonder you're married, women like a man with goals and a plan for the future :D

You say this in jest laddie, but don't forget...."and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it MAY toll for thee"

OK, I changed it a little, but you have been warned:D

As soon as the right woman hammers you at footie on the playstation, you'll look long and deep into her big brown bambi eyes, and you'll come to realise within yourself, "oh sh*t, that's it, I'm finished now, as she's the one for me".

She'll crush every particle of ambition and every dream of succes right out of you in the first ten minutes after that my boy. The rest won't be pretty:fero::dontcare:

Jan 7, 2004

As soon as the right woman hammers you at footie on the playstation, you'll look long and deep into her big brown bambi eyes, and you'll come to realise within yourself, "oh sh*t, that's it, I'm finished now, as she's the one for me".

She'll crush every particle of ambition and every dream of succes right out of you in the first ten minutes after that my boy. The rest won't be pretty:fero::dontcare:

well good to know for somebody like me who will end up alone all their life.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hopefully I will be retired and living in a $1,000,000 estate on the Delaware coast. That would be friggin awesome. Not to mention a Villa outside of Torino.

Jul 28, 2002

You say this in jest laddie, but don't forget...."and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it MAY toll for thee"

so damn true :D

OP
Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #97
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Hopefully I will be retired and living in a $1,000,000 estate on the Delaware coast. That would be friggin awesome. Not to mention a Villa outside of Torino.
    Oh man... you'd wanna move out of the DC area? :)

Rover, where in Scotland are you?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Oh man... you'd wanna move out of the DC area? :)

Rover, where in Scotland are you?
    Well, I'm not really in the DC area. I live about an hour and half from DC, in a more sort of rural area. I call it a suburb of DC because builders are planning on building 3000 houses in our area, thus soon making it friggin crazy, like a true 'burb.

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #99
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well, I'm not really in the DC area. I live about an hour and half from DC, in a more sort of rural area. I call it a suburb of DC because builders are planning on building 3000 houses in our area, thus soon making it friggin crazy, like a true 'burb.
    Oh... I thought you lived in Potomac or Bethesda or somewhere like that...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Oh... I thought you lived in Potomac or Bethesda or somewhere like that...
    Nah man, not that close. I wish though, cuz Potomoc has some of the nicest homes I've ever seen man. But yeah, I live close to Hagerstown. The new homes they are building are mostly for commuters who work in DC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)