Where Tuz is headed / The Truth and Reconciliation Commission on Player Thread Trolls (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
A bit self-indulging but please bear with me...

My first visit to this forum was in 2007. At our darkest time as a club, feeling like the only Juve fan in the world, I found Tuz. It became my homepage a week after that and for almost 6 years since not a single day went by without me here lurking.
As an silent user of sorts I started noticing that certain negative (imo of course) trends are becoming more and more dominate in this forum "culture".

I won't deny that quality trolling can be great fun, it adds humour and its not a small part of what makes this place work (Cron is the essence of trolling whether he knows it or not :delpiero: ) but where does it stop ?

I can't be the only one that avoids certain player threads all together because they became nothing more then a trolling contest between two groups of users trying to out-troll each other. When we can no longer discuss one of our own players without being a fanboy or a hater something is really wrong.

Is it not apparent that many of the more balanced/reasonable voices in this forum are less and less heard? When did you last saw a new quality poster? Tuz is becoming less and less friendly and more and more a place of extremes, biased opinions and personal grudges, a place that constantly make you pick a side when we are all suppose to be on the same one.

I admit that I barely post, let alone open threads but I do hope you won't hold it against me as I feel a strong need to say whats on my mind even if I'm alone in this, it hurts me to watch this special place turn from a laid back,funny and often insightful joint into an insiders only club.

Mods-please move it if it's not where it should be

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:agree: I don't wanna point any fingers but it's all the new european (read:danish) members imo. throw an emotional sheik into the mix and this is what you get.

edit: oh yea, zach too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I agree with this. I'm opinionated, but some people feel the need to continue to mock about it, everywere they go.

thing is, even former mods do it, so its hard to change

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: I don't wanna point any fingers but it's all the new european (read:danish) members imo. throw an emotional sheik into the mix and this is what you get.
that and assholes like yourself that feel the need to go offtopic to nag about something that me for example said in a diffrent thread, or just the person in general.

Really, you are the one the speak here...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've been on these forums and fairly active for 10 years. I'm not sure things are all that different, tbh.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I agree with this. I'm opinionated, but some people feel the need to continue to mock about it, everywere they go.

thing is, even former mods do it, so its hard to change

- - - Updated - - -

that and assholes like yourself that feel the need to go offtopic to nag about something that me for example said in a diffrent thread, or just the person in general.

Really, you are the one the speak here...
please don't turn this thread into a troll ground too. and refrain from insults if you would. it makes the site look vulgar. I will be the bigger man and not report this post so as to give you a second chance to clear things up. the apology is optional.

- - - Updated - - -

you should know i was just busting balls. but being danish and all...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I've been on these forums and fairly active for 10 years. I'm not sure things are all that different, tbh.

it's ok to have one "Lion" posting sporadically, it's another to get all the loser wannabes constantly posting with no other intent but to derail and troll for their entertainment. I have found myself using private messages to get questions answered to not get caught in the cross fire.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Yea this thing goes in waves. Every once in a while I feel like for forums blow and so do all the noobs posting but its cyclical and actually a non-existent issue

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Juventus is heading in the right direction, people are now optimistic, happy, that's why there are more humour or let's call it trolling posts. You've joined this forums in the dark times like you said so i think people were too pissed about current situation to 'troll'.

This Quag-Matri rivalry is only because of the off-season, at least it keeps some threads alive.

enzo

May 14, 2012
I agree. Not that I have ever been one of the elite members, but I have been posting even less in the last few months. Especially when browsing the forums on my mobile, it has become a pain to extract and discover the valueable posts in between all the SELL and fanboy posts.

OP
Tomice

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
  • Thread Starter #12
    Exactly was I was thinking. It's like when people bitch about how a language has changed.
    It's much easier to see those changes from the "outside". just have a look at the Gio/Matri/Quag threads, It was never like that, even when we had motta,molinaro and the likes it was all in good humour and 1-2 oddball user

Why looking for info on the team becomes a burden sometimes?

Edit: we're cool Soren

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    There is a very easy solution, now that we have an option to ban members from certain threads.

Just ban Sheik from Vucinic's thread. He's doing nothing else but trolling. Ban the group in Matri's thread that does nothing else but make fun of Matri. Same with those in Quag's thread. If not all of them, since there are many bandwagoners, ban only the 3 most active from each group. Ban them all for 2-3 weeks. It will be a lesson for the others.

If they find a new thread to continue their little war, then give them a 3 week ban from the forum.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    it's ok to have one "Lion" posting sporadically, it's another to get all the loser wannabes constantly posting with no other intent but to derail and troll for their entertainment. I have found myself using private messages to get questions answered to not get caught in the cross fire.
    This much is true, however.

It's much easier to see those changes from the "outside". just have a look at the Gio/Matri/Quag threads, It was never like that, even when we had motta,molinaro and the likes it was all in good humour and 1-2 oddball user

Why looking for info on the team becomes a burden sometimes?

Edit: we're cool Soren
    I haven't stuck my foot much yet in the Quagmire (pun intended) of the Quag/Matri/Vucinic threads lately. But from what I read in the mod threads, I'm all in support of the recent move to clean house and throw out the bums who do nothing but troll the same posts multiple times each day. :tup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)