When football is more than a passion (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Don't be ridiculous, now you're talking like a Roma fan..
Well maybe you do not understand. I'm not talking about any club, I am talking about Juventus. After the two C.L. losses, I became successively more interested in the Club. Not saying that I enjoy watching them lose, that would be absurd. However my passion for the club rose after the 2003 loss to Milan, and also last year when Juventus won nothing.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

The most painful match was the CL final between Juve - Real 1998. Juve were dominating most of the time, and then all of a sudden that bloody Mijatovic scored a cheap goal past peruzzi :down: .. and what worst after that Davids was on one-on-one situation with the goalie, and had a lot of space and time to shoot it in, but instead, the basterd shooted easily infront of the goalie :groan:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

The most painful match was the CL final between Juve - Real 1998. Juve were dominating most of the time, and then all of a sudden that bloody Mijatovic scored a cheap goal past peruzzi :down: .. and what worst after that Davids was on one-on-one situation with the goalie, and had a lot of space and time to shoot it in, but instead, the basterd shooted easily infront of the goalie :groan:

i remeber 3 things about that game.

1. Mijatovic's goal
2. DP's pathetic performance.
3. Crying like baby when my father told me after the game "dont be a moron, its just a game.
oh yeah and
4. nighmares about the game

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well maybe you do not understand. I'm not talking about any club, I am talking about Juventus. After the two C.L. losses, I became successively more interested in the Club. Not saying that I enjoy watching them lose, that would be absurd. However my passion for the club rose after the 2003 loss to Milan, and also last year when Juventus won nothing.
i had a similar feeling.when we lost i was forced to defend my team from detractors and it still happens today.as a result i became closer to Juve spiritually(however corny that may sound).

considering the other fans react similarly when their teams lose,i guess now it's not so surprising that tottenham and liverpool fans are such hopeless fanatics:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

i had a similar feeling.when we lost i was forced to defend my team from detractors and it still happens today.as a result i became closer to Juve spiritually(however corny that may sound).

considering the other fans react similarly when their teams lose,i guess now it's not so surprising that tottenham and liverpool fans are such hopeless fanatics:D
Exactly Desmond. Good thing this sort of passion exists, because there might be only 20 clubs who have fan bases. :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

1. Mijatovic's goal
3. Crying like baby when my father told me after the game "dont be a moron, its just a game.
oh yeah and
1.Mijatovic was in an offside position.
2.That wasn't DP's pathetic performance, but Inzaghi's ;).

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i never cried bcoz of football, but the first time i did was the CL final. i could not talk that day, gutted beyond belief. never have i felt that feeling b4, not even when i broke up with my x :howler: i switched off the tv as soon as Sheva went celebrating :down: i just cud not muster the courage to see Milan celebrate the trophy that we all crave! and i stayed away from watching news and reading the newspaper for days

and yes, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth :broken:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
1) 1994, i was just 7 years old but i still remmber that time, our home was full of people ( friends, family, cousines etc ) they all supported brazil except me and my oldest sister. it was the my 1st time to cry.

2) 1997, it was okay with me, i knew we weren't gonna win this game, but after Dp's first goal, Something really hurted me inside.

3) 1998 World-Cup, i hated france till death at that time.

4) Euro2000 i broke my T.v and sat down crying

5) WC2002, unbelievable Moments for me and for my friends.

6) Juve Vs Milan the final match, i didn't cry, i just close my cell phone so no one will call me and tease me, and went to the bed imeediatly, i remmber that i stayed couple of days without eating, looking sad always, not talking to anyone.

7) I had tears in my eyes after i saw Lippi's last game against Lazio in Coppa. I can never forget this man!

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

7) I had tears in my eyes after i saw Lippi's last game against Lazio in Coppa. I can never forget this man!
Yeah he was so good for Juve and now he`s gone,I think Capello is a great coach but I liked Lippi much better,I think Lippi has more class than Fabio.
I miss Lippi!:down:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
i never cried bcoz of football, but the first time i did was the CL final. i could not talk that day, gutted beyond belief. never have i felt that feeling b4, not even when i broke up with my x :howler: i switched off the tv as soon as Sheva went celebrating :down: i just cud not muster the courage to see Milan celebrate the trophy that we all crave! and i stayed away from watching news and reading the newspaper for days

and yes, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth :broken:
I witnessed Sheva celebrating with his team mates. I saw how Del Piero went up that stage they put the trophy on and kept looking at the trophy. Then I was thinking how typical it was for Del Piero to be wearing that loser's medal :D.

I watched it all in shock. I think it lasted for at least 15 minutes or so. And they all pretty much sucked. Luckily everyone around me kept telling that Juventus had written history and that the game that always would be remembered from this CL-edition was the one against Real, the real final.

But when you go down the list of CL-winners it says: 2003 - AC Milan. Pretty unbelievable how much a list of winners can hurt huh :D.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++

Yeah he was so good for Juve and now he`s gone,I think Capello is a great coach but I liked Lippi much better,I think Lippi has more class than Fabio.
I miss Lippi!:down:
True

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Still, doesn't seem fair to criticise Del Piero there. He was the only reason we made it to the final. Of the 6 goals scored against Monaco Del Piero had 4 goals and 2 assists.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

1. Mijatovic's goal
oh yeah and

that's four. :D

++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Arif you actually used my quote as your signature?

I'm honoured :)

:D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Like Martin its hard to get emotional for me about football but it does annoy at times like these examples

Italy vs Sweden 2004 after playing some really good stuff , Trap decides to mess up by taking off both Cassano and Dp and then when Zlatan equalised I was way too mad to be spoken to at that time

Trap's overall behaviour and selections in the 2002 wc

Juve losing to Borussia Dortmund was soul destroying

Wimbledon beating Liverpool to win the Fa cup was way too absurd for words

Not very amused to find out at the time that Ancelotti was going to be our manager and his subsequent 2 year reign was awful for me

Then seeing Dp being taken off on a stretcher against Juve and then seeing on teletext on CNN that he would be out 4 6 months just completely drained me, sadly the real Dp never got off that stretcher

Maradona being kicked out of the wc and his subsequent fall from grace was a choker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)