What's your tuition like? (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I'm curious.

All of you students, current or former, even future, I am wondering what's the cost of your tuition.

Mines insanely high. I am doing one summer class, Communcations 219 which is basically, "Speech". The course is six weeks.

I am paying a wopping $3,000 for one flicking course.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Four two hour sessions burn a hole the size of a six hundred dollar bill in my pocket every month.

The most expensive one I've ever attended was a holiday course that lasted three weeks and cost a $1200.It was a course on human psychology and intrapersonal relationships.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Over here there's no such thing as high school.It's primary school -- secondary school -- junior college -- Uni.

I've had tuition all the way up to JC.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I went to a private Catholic high school in Chicago, and that cost (my parents) a couple grand U.S. years ago. I'm sure it's much more expensive now. But that's the only usual case of paying for high school in the U.S. that I know of.

As for college tuition? Good question. In undergrad at U of I Chicago, each year I always found some different, creative way to have it covered by some program or scholarship. In grad school at UC Berkeley/UCSF, they're part of the California university system -- so there was a big deal about residents not having to pay much of any tuition. Which meant "fees" were pretty outrageous (talk about an accounting slight of hand).

These days I take occasional courses at the local City College of SF for a mere $10 a credit. A 4-credit course like Italian 1B only cost me $40 a semester!

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    My 3 credit English/Speech course, for six weeks is $3,000. It's insane.

This is at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Florida.

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
    In Slovenia, school is free in all primary schools and in most of the high schools and colleges. If you want to go even further you have to pay a tuiton

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    Over here there's no such thing as high school.It's primary school -- secondary school -- junior college -- Uni.

I've had tuition all the way up to JC.
    U forgot about Poly Des

Secondary school - Poly (Uni is optional)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    €1500 at the start of every academic year for Dutch universities.

My monthly subsidy (simply for being a student) is €500 + a PTP (Public Transportation Pass) which allows me to travel on trains, busses, trams, subways and national flights for absolutely nothing :cool:

Problem is though that the above subsidy is only awarded to you for a total length of 4 years (the maximum official length of all university educations, most are only 3 years). I'm starting my 4th year in September but my records aren't too good and I'll probably need 1 extra year. That means for the 5th year, I can still receive that subsidy, but it will turn into a loan that I'll have to pay back with interest :down:

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Your all going to hate me for this but...the government on this island pay university tuitions for people from this island going to uni...:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)