What's wrong with us?! (22 Viewers)

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
We can obviously see the players were down on themselves from the start. The calls are just not going are way and I think the players are thinking of crap its last season all over again. Now its Marottas turn to fucking bring in a player or two and Del Neris turn to show his experience as a coach and bring this team in to champions league contention. We are not going to win and im ok with that but we need a champions league spot because that money we need and without it kiss those potential top class players good buy in the summer.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Shitty transfer policy+average players+average coach=average results.

The problem is that Juve tries buy non-expensive players hoping that they will exceed all expectations and become world class. Pepe, Martinez, Bonucci (Yes I said it) and Krasic (Although Krasic seems to have the potential to become world class). This strategy only works out when you have someone in charge who is a good judge of talent. Marotta hasn't been able to demonstrate that. Had we spent 40-50 million on two players this summer we'd be almost guaranteed with two world class players. If we use this strategy every year we slowly become world class and make a step up in quality every year. Juve doesn't do this though. No, they want to do to much for too little money in too little time. We seem to roll the dice when the odds are against us. Had we bought fewer players for less money then the so called "5 year plan" might have worked out. Diego failed and Del Neri wanted his 4-4-2, talk about wasting money.

Add an average coach into the mixture and the shit really hits the fan.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I rememb what said Camo. He said that before calciopoli all teams who would came to Turin, wanted just to know the result they will lose. Now they all fight, and they even do not win after hard match, they rape us, like Parma did it a few days ago. Everyone player must know what the hell they are playing for, it's lack of honor. WE ARE JUVE. They don't understand how big this club are.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I don't blame LDN, he can only work with what he has, yes some of his subs and starting XI choices have been a bit dodgy, but we don't see the players train every week.

After the opening few weeks of the season every team we faced knew our main outlet was Milos, stop him and you stop us. Aquaman hasn't really stepped up his game in a while, which doesn't help Krasic's cause. We also haven't had luck this season, our best striker getting injured and De Cegile also getting ijured just when he was starting to look a decent player for once, Martinez getting injured also didn't help the situation.

Our midfield doesn't press the opposition at all, we get the ball back mainly from Bonucci or Chiellini or Melo, we always, always give the opposition way too much time on the ball. Napoli pressed us in every area of the pitch tonight, we did fuck all when they had the ball. We have little movement.

If Elkann is seriously blocking GM from getting more money, I really fear for us this season. I'm sure LDN and GM can see the problems, but not getting Cassano was a fuck up of major proportions.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Also I'd like to add, teams who go through massive renewal periods often start the season well because of the enthusiasm factor. But enthusiasm only gets you so far, then you have to rely on talent. And we have none of that.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Shitty transfer policy+average players+average coach=average results.

The problem is that Juve tries buy non-expensive players hoping that they will exceed all expectations and become world class. Pepe, Martinez, Bonucci (Yes I said it) and Krasic (Although Krasic seems to have the potential to become world class). This strategy only works out when you have someone in charge who is a good judge of talent. Marotta hasn't been able to demonstrate that. Had we spent 40-50 million on two players this summer we'd be almost guaranteed with two world class players. If we use this strategy every year we slowly become world class and make a step up in quality every year. Juve doesn't do this though. No, they want to do to much for too little money in too little time. We seem to roll the dice when the odds are against us. Had we bought fewer players for less money then the so called "5 year plan" might have worked out. Diego failed and Del Neri wanted his 4-4-2, talk about wasting money.

Add an average coach into the mixture and the shit really hits the fan.

I agree, spot on, we simply do not have the quality in the side. We were overachieving so far and overestimated our own strength and quality. fact is, we have nowhere near the quality we had in previous years, and other clubs that used to be much worse than us have equal if not more quality (like Napoli).

We always used to say that Juve doesnt buy stars, it makes them. Well, that might have worked for a while, when you have good overall quality and a good basis, but when we're in the current position we need to invest in stars. Otherwise we're fucked.

I rememb what said Camo. He said that before calciopoli all teams who would came to Turin, wanted just to know the result they will lose. Now they all fight, and they even do not win after hard match, they rape us, like Parma did it a few days ago. Everyone player must know what the hell they are playing for, it's lack of honor. WE ARE JUVE. They don't understand how big this club are.
I dont think thats as big of a problem as most think. i think the players do know how big Juve is (was), they just cant do any better, they simply dont have the quality to do anything better.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We always used to say that Juve doesnt buy stars, it makes them. Well, that might have worked for a while, when you have good overall quality and a good basis, but when we're in the current position we need to invest in stars. Otherwise we're fucked.
:agree: Its easy to create stars when surrounding them with stars.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Disgusting 0-3 and these hopeless mercenaries don't even try. Del Neri could reach CL with Sampdoria but it seems that it's impossible for him with our players. I'd say that the 3/4 of this squad is useless garbage with no proud and spirit.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'd really like everyone to stop and think about a 4-4-2 formation with fullbacks who do not cross half and strikers who do not move. Just visualize it in your mind and tell me how it is possible to play winning football.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Its the fucking summer mercato we did after the worst season in Juventus history. People wanted to believe that signings like Pepe, Motta, Traore, Martinez, Del Neri, Toni could be good enough to get us back.
We only just signed Toni, and Pepe is not a bad signing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)