• Yes, Pavel Nedved should be sold.

• No, Pavel Nedved should not be sold.

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    I say yes. Nedved is the wrong side of 30, doesn't have alot more to offer us (imo) and won't bring in a reasonable amount of cash after this season. I hope I don't seem ungrateful because that is not the case by any means. I'm very thankful for what Pavel has given this club, but each and everyone is for sale for the right price, and Neddy's best years are behind him imo.

Aug 1, 2003
    Yes. he passed his peak. he's ageing. a great player and we all love him, but I feel he won't get better than he did for us last 2 seasons, but he's still wanted in the market. sell him now while others still want him. it might be too late later.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
    No. Nedved still remains one of the top players of Europe and can prove himself again, especially taking into consideration his poor season. He is a fighter. From the other hand if Juve receives massive offer it would be better to sell him, as Moggi has done with Zidane's transfer.

Sep 28, 2002
    yes, he MUST be sold. the only way he can stay is if we buy another playmaker. if moggi and co want juve to rely on him for coming tears that just wont do it. i'd love to see nedved retiring here but thats not coming imo.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yes, he has to be sold. We have become too dependant on him, but he just hasnt performed this season. Like Del Piero, we have to sell while he still has some market value.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Thuram yes, Buffon and Zambrotta no. Your sarcasm here was completely out of place since Nedved's and Thuram's position and status in the club cant be compared to Zambi's and Gigi's.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    No, but because Thuram and Nedved are 31+ year olds who have little time in their feet and should be sold before their market value drops drastically in order to buy new players. They are past their prime, while Buffon and Zambrotta are in their prime.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
    I am totally agree juve need to refresh their squad.

sold the old player,then buy younger player.
    but we cant do that instantly,we must do that step by step.

if we buy new player,its like a gamble.they need to adapt well first.
    when they cant adapt well,we still have our old player that can play.

if the younger can adapt well,we can use his service and sell our old player.cause our new player is ready.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'd say yes more than no. I think he just drew a blank this season and he can perform better next season, but nowhere near his golden ball winning performances, and his seasonal output would probably be worth less than the millions we could get from his sale. Damn I love Nedved, but I think the best service he can do to Juve at this stage is to generate some cash for other transfers

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    i agree with stu....nedved must be sold...he has nothing more to offer..i appreciate what he has done for juve, but his time now has gone.

Aug 26, 2003
    hmm. i am not sure about it, nedved has brought as to top last year!! and only while he had a bad season like the whole team we should sell him??

ok you are right he might not perform like he did last year but i doubt we will buy a player like aimar or rosicky who could do neddy position!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I say No , Nedved should not be Sold , even though he's 31 , he still can offer the club lot of things , he wants to win CL with Juve before ending his career , so i don't think he's gonna play the same way he played Last year ... So No , I hope he Finish his Career with us !

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Yes, he should be sold... We can use the money to buy Rothen or someone else, someone REALLY good for left flank, and we still got plenty of cash left... But I can't see Moggi selling Nedved this year, right now I'm really melancoly, I think our summercampaign is heading towards hell right now... We're getting players like Zebina for free while Inter is buying Veron and getting Davids for free, Milan has bought Stam already and Roma is having talks with Gilardino, Mexes and Ferrari... We're having talks with players like Matuzalem... :( Simply, Emerson is not enough!!

Mar 14, 2004
    I wanted to answer NO but I clicked yes,missunderstanding....

I think he can play 2 seasons on top level.....And we wont het much money from him either. You were saying that Trez will be sold for 35 mil. and now the sum is 10mil. most.
    Nedved is 31 and his price isnt too high. We will have more use of him than money from him.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    A bit confusing: almost everyone has posted that they think Nedved should be sold, but still the poll says that Nedved should stay. It'd be nice for those people that voted in favour of Neddy staying would express themselves about the situation and give us an opinion :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)