What of Nedved's future? (1 Viewer)

Should Nedved be sold this summer?

• Yes, Pavel Nedved should be sold.

• No, Pavel Nedved should not be sold.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sumo_Basho ] ++
I am a huge fan of nedved, and what he has to offer for the team, however, as he is reaching his 33 b'day and since he isnt going to improve on last season, he should be sold while his market value price is still high.... Juventus as a team need to be "refreshed" and i mean even their name "juventus" stands for youth...... someone from either the Primavera team could be brought up or we could opt for a more proven player..... This could be less as a shock since we are getting a new coach, with a diffrent style of play etc..... I guess we will just have to wait and see......
It is 32,mind your words!:(:D

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Your idea is a good one, but Nedved specializes in long shots and stamina . Diego already knows how to hit screamers from distance, and I hardly think you can teach someone how to raise their stamina. That seems more like the fitness coach's job than Nedved's to me, so selling Nedved and getting Diego wouldn't really be much different to keeping Nedved and getting Diego, except with your option we don't get an extra 20m to spend on Gila, Mexes and Ferrari ;)
I think that would be Appiah or Tachinardi. Nedved is much more than that.
He is a pure example of eastern-block school playmaker; do not strangle the ball,quick play,toughness,accurate passes,run all day and yes: kill the goalkeeper whenever you see him :D. He played a winger in Lazio which was not his original position and he showed us what he can(ot) do in AMC position. Belive it or not,no matter how much Diego is better technically he must still learn how to addapt to european football and especially SerieA and I think that Neddy is the best person to learn from.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

I think that would be Appiah or Tachinardi. Nedved is much more than that.
He is a pure example of eastern-block school playmaker; do not strangle the ball,quick play,toughness,accurate passes,run all day and yes: kill the goalkeeper whenever you see him :D. He played a winger in Lazio which was not his original position and he showed us what he can(ot) do in AMC position. Belive it or not,no matter how much Diego is better technically he must still learn how to addapt to european football and especially SerieA and I think that Neddy is the best person to learn from.

thats y i have so much respect for him, but for juventus, we really need this sell

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
from reports its said that certain clubs are willing to part with a fee in excess of 20m for him,and imo that would be a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a player who doesn't look like he's going to maintain the standards he set last season.

both on a football and business point of view,it would be a beneficial deal.

we'll have to learn to play without him sooner or later.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Start thinking with your head, not your heart

impossible.
i have rarerly followed my head,i am always following my heart.

but this is football,i know :down:
but still,nedved is my favourite player......

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #51
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    from reports its said that certain clubs are willing to part with a fee in excess of 20m for him,and imo that would be a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a player who doesn't look like he's going to maintain the standards he set last season.

both on a football and business point of view,it would be a beneficial deal.

we'll have to learn to play without him sooner or later.
    Precisely, and his replacement should be thrown into the mix of things right away. Obviously there's the situation in which the 'new Pavel' struggles at first, and possibly causes the club as a whole to struggle as well, but if we build him up from early we'll have a class player for the future.

PS. My prime candidate to replace Nedved is already in Turin. Take a wild guess who he is...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Precisely, and his replacement should be thrown into the mix of things right away. Obviously there's the situation in which the 'new Pavel' struggles at first, and possibly causes the club as a whole to struggle as well, but if we build him up from early we'll have a class player for the future.

PS. My prime candidate to replace Nedved is already in Turin. Take a wild guess who he is...
    Well, its either Maresca or Kapo, or some youth team player.

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    IMO a very stupid question! He is our best player and HAS to stay!
    why stay.. look.. IF he stays, he will be able to play at MOST 1 more good season, he is turing 33, remember,...and then he will go for freeeee..

BUT IF we sell him this sommer, then we will get big money.. and that will be nice..!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)