What made you support Juventus? (3 Viewers)

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004

Ever since Moggi paid me so well after that Inter game in 98'.

Actually it was in 1996. Even though Serie A was by far the best league in the world back then most people here almost exclusively followed the EPL. So my friends were fans of Man Utd and Liverpool. I played but I didn't really follow professional football back then.

My football coach at the time told us that spring that Ajax and Juve were the best teams in Europe. That surprised me because all I ever heard about was Giggs, Beckham, Shearer, Ian Wright, Fowler etc. So basically to trump my friends I decided to follow Juve. I recall bragging about Serie A being stronger than their Micky Mouse league, how Beckham was just an overrated celebrity and so on. Yeah, 1999 pretty much shut me up for a while.

So put simply, I glory hunted when I was 11.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
How can you not admire the absolute raw dominance that Bayern has been exhibiting for decades. Makes the entire country they're bitch, and occasionally the entire continent.

- - - Updated - - -

EuroMax 4 life!!!!
EuroMax is love, he's honestly my favorite coach of all times and I used to hate him so much :touched:
What I love most about Bayerns dominance in Germany is how much people cry about it, that jealousy :touched:

Mostly its PL fans who cry and not actual german BL fans

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
A Magazine that an Italian soldier gave me in 1993 inspired me to support Juventus. The Italian troops were in Mogadishu at the time. I didn’t know much about football. But the pictures of that magazine, man they were so beautiful so I knew Juventus before I even saw them playing live games then the World Cup 94 came I watched almost every game and became Italy fan. It took me 6 years to see juve playing live. One night a friend of mine asked me to give him money so he can watch the UCL final 1998. I asked him who is playing he said Juventus vs R Madrid all I remember is that I was in the front row of the cinema rooting for Juventus. Even though we lost that game I was happy that night that I just saw them playing live. After the World Cup 98 Live games were everywhere people become crazy about football especially Serie A and PL.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Bianconero81 - would you please?

I have to spread.
Shit. I just gave him a +rep the other day :sigh:

I'll spread and get back to that blasphemous post. It's the holy month of Ramadan, so perhaps fasting has scrambled @Fr3sh's brain :D

- - - Updated - - -

Been supporting Juve since 94.

My best friend in primary school, when I was studying in Singapore, was an Italian from Torino. His dad worked for FIAT :D He gave me a poster of Juve and told me it was his team and that they're the best/most successful/most dominant team in Italy; that was Circa 90. We got Serie A games on TV in Singapore back then, but I was unable to watch the matches, as I was an 8-9 year old and had to go to school and the games were on at ungodly hours. My dad became a Milan fan around that time as well :sigh:

I only started following Juventus in 94, as I missed my friend, having relocated yet again. In both Egypt and Cyprus, I was able to watch games at reasonable times, and so I started following the team more keenly. Baggio was the main reason I fell in love with Juve; Del Piero and Zidane prolonged my love affair with the club, and I've been an ardent Juve supporter ever since.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I fell in love with Juve when the Lippi era started. Since 1994, to be more exact. What made me support them? Well, all the boys from my elementary school class were AC Milan fanboys so I chose Juve just for spite. The rest is history. CL Final win in 1996 over Ajax was the happiest moment of my life.

Poslano sa mog Lenovo A2020a40 koristeći Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I fell in love with Juve when the Lippi era started. Since 1994, to be more exact. What made me support them? Well, all the boys from my elementary school class were AC Milan fanboys so I chose Juve just for spite. The rest is history. CL Final win in 1996 over Ajax was the happiest moment of my life.
So, if all the other boys from your school would have been Juve fans, you would have become a Milan fan instead? Just to be a edgy troll? Sounds like a rather bad reason to start supporting a club.

aloha nash

Jul 8, 2018
Just got on this forum obviously but I didn't even watch or play soccer until Euro 16. I was in Sicily and wandered into a square with some friends during Italy vs Spain. So many people in blue kits with italy flags going crazy. I became addicted and the next day I was looking up players and buying a ball. Since half the Italy team was Juventus players it was pretty easy for me to become a fan.

OP
Ventus
Mar 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #94
    Seeing as how Baggio made many support Juve, if Ronaldo succeeds here then he will do the same.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Appreciate the question, but this is like the 18th thread I've had to answer this since I've been here. And most readers here don't want to see a 19th. :santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)