What is your goal in life? (6 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dule, WTF happened to you bro? I don't know why but you sound so freaking depressed in your posts. Too philosophical and shit.
lol over the past six months or so I've been looking at world and things differently, but in all honesty it was not intentional at all. I've noticed it too, people also tell me. Not that I'm proud of actually... but I just noticed a lot more douchebag mode and stuff. It might be the philosophy readings :shifty: but I try to be realistic (which in most cases can sound depressive). There's still plenty of old Dule left inside of me, though. All the love, aggression and sandwiches!

I know he is. He just changed so much lately, I'm still getting used to him. I love the guy, so don't interrupt me you dolphin wannabe.
Oh I feel love now. Right back at ya. :dule:

Apr 15, 2006
lol over the past six months or so I've been looking at world and things differently, but in all honesty it was not intentional at all. I've noticed it too, people also tell me. Not that I'm proud of actually... but I just noticed a lot more douchebag mode and stuff. It might be the philosophy readings :shifty: but I try to be realistic (which in most cases can sound depressive). There's still plenty of old Dule left inside of me, though. All the love, aggression and sandwiches!
I was like that till some time last year. Except that while I like the realistic me, but I'm really enjoying the optimistic me right now. :)

OP
IliveForJuve

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #65
    Going from one extreme to another. Then why are you studying law, or why don't you pick a different profession?

I seriously doubt you can save most of your wages (there's no you'd have no expenses at all, or you'd plan to get money from your parnets?) and after less than 10 years invest into something that will grant you a lifetime of enjoyment. That is pretty unlikely unless you plan to invest into Tuz options 'any defender/striker to score' or 'other result'.
    I study law because I'm good at it (at least when it comes to studying it) and I do enjoy it to a certain point but I won't kid myself, I'm not that passionate about it.

When I talk about retirement, it isn't just about money... nope, it's about being able to spend your time doing something you actually enjoy like spending more time with your family or traveling, whatever fits you. It's a noble goal.

And yes, it's possible to save more than half your wages/incomes (You should look up Mister Money Mustache), there are several known cases like one I just named. I don't even plan to get money from my parents 'cause I know I won't get it.

Maybe I won't achieve my goal at 30 but maybe I will at 35 or 40 but I will definitely try. I'd be happy with leading a comfortable life but that's my goal.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    To work, be productive doing things that don't feel like work. Live in different countries, learn new languages. Make sure my impact is positive and that I make an effort to leave the places I stay better than they were before I arrived. To have experiences that are difficult and challenging, yet leave me better than I was before. To always work, even if I don't have a job. I realize that the world is more than just me and while money is a means to an end, it's not the be all end all. Relationships, experiences, knowledge are more important.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
    Jul 22, 2013
    I want to finally be able to settle down with the person I love and not have this ridiculous distance between us. I want to be happy and I want those I care about to be happy too. In terms of work, hopefully doing something I love in a relaxing environment. I want to make enough money to be able to travel and experience different cultures. Maybe in the more distant future to have a vacation home in Italy.

To work, be productive doing things that don't feel like work. Live in different countries, learn new languages. Make sure my impact is positive and that I make an effort to leave the places I stay better than they were before I arrived. To have experiences that are difficult and challenging, yet leave me better than I was before. To always work, even if I don't have a job. I realize that the world is more than just me and while money is a means to an end, it's not the be all end all. Relationships, experiences, knowledge are more important.
    :tup: Great outlook to have.

I want my own business eventually. I just can't decide what. :undecide:
    I tried that route once, it didn't work for me because I'm not outgoing enough, meaning I had difficulty getting myself out there and my name known. I was advised by other people in the same field just to go up to random people in public places and start talking about my business, but considering I hate when people do that to me (when I don't ask), I didn't have it in me to do it to other people. :D But if you try it, good luck and hopefully you are more successful than me.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
    Jul 22, 2013
    Oh ok, so that's why you had to do all that networking.
    Yeah, I did a lot of online advertising, but that only got me a few clients per month. And considering all the money is made from sales (since you're working independently as a business owner, you don't get a base wage from the company whose products you're selling, only commission), there's still a risk that even if you do all the work to get the party and demo set up and done, if the guests don't buy anything then you just wasted a lot of time for nearly nothing. I ended up being treated as free entertainment on several occasions.

It might be something I reconsider getting into again in the future, because I actually did enjoy it, but definitely not as my sole source of income.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    I study law because I'm good at it (at least when it comes to studying it) and I do enjoy it to a certain point but I won't kid myself, I'm not that passionate about it.

When I talk about retirement, it isn't just about money... nope, it's about being able to spend your time doing something you actually enjoy like spending more time with your family or traveling, whatever fits you. It's a noble goal.

And yes, it's possible to save more than half your wages/incomes (You should look up Mister Money Mustache), there are several known cases like one I just named. I don't even plan to get money from my parents 'cause I know I won't get it.

Maybe I won't achieve my goal at 30 but maybe I will at 35 or 40 but I will definitely try. I'd be happy with leading a comfortable life but that's my goal.
    :howler:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Claudio is bit of a spoilt knobhead in general, but don't get why he us getting grief in this thread. His goal is quite understandable and normal, even if perhaps not entirely realistic.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    :tup:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Claudio is bit of a spoilt knobhead in general, but don't get why he us getting grief in this thread. His goal is quite understandable and normal, even if perhaps not entirely realistic.
    You clearly haven't been in the WAYDRN thread lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)