What is your goal in life? (5 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He graduates when he's 22-23yo. That's like 7 years of work and well deserved pension and retirement? Work makes the man, without it you're pretty much a lost cause IMO (I'm not a supporter of slavery of nowadays).
He'd have to make an absolute killing to retire after 7 years. And then it'd be totally deserved.

I can't see why choosing leisure over work when you've already provided for yourself is a bad thing.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
He'd have to make an absolute killing to retire after 7 years. And then it'd be totally deserved.

I can't see why choosing leisure over work when you've already provided for yourself is a bad thing.
Because life is more than spending the money you earned. What you're saying basically means if you have rich parents that you don't even need to work because why would you? Your mom and dad did everything instead of you.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You can find way better things to do with your time and money than work.
You should be loving your job. That way you wouldn't even think about it in a bad way. It might be tough, but working and enjoying the job itself gives a different meaning.

Anyway... to earn in 7 years so much money not work anymore in the future? In case you're not backed by a financial background of your parents, that's pretty much impossible. Anybody who thinks that way sounds like a spoiled little brat, the type of people who'd probably celebrate the death of their parents so they get the money from them. How much money is needed for you to be able to live for 50 years? Not only for yourself, but to have a personal life, keep buying stuff, make family, educate your chilldren etc. It's just stupid think about it because the number is beyond madness.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
retirement doesent have to mean doing nothing. maybe he will get a flock of sheep and chill on a meadow for the rest fo his life. :D

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I'd like to have enough money by the time i'm 40-45 (i'm currently 24) that I do not have the need to work constantly and would be able to travel the world with my wife/girlfriend.

On a more realistic note, i guess having a healthy family and being comfortable enough to afford the majority of my desires

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Loving your job is a myth. No one loves their job, they do it because they have to, it always was like that and always will.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Loving your job is a myth. No one loves their job, they do it because they have to, it always was like that and always will.
That's not true at all, but it probably does account for a small percentage of people (5-10%). Having a tolerable job would be enough for me right now, but I know exactly what I'd like to do that I would love.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Not talking about hating your job, but loving it is a whole other thing. People always worked for living not for leisure, that why it is called a job.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's not, my mom loves her job.

Not necessarily your job, just whatever it is you do. For most people that is a job, or it could be a job that is a passion, or just a passion itself, if you are lucky enough to be able to do that.
Anything that you spend majority of your day working/doing. 7-8-9h of your day is not a small thing, so hating it makes you rather miserable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)