What is your domestic football club that you cheer for? (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I have to fly from London, because I can get no direct flights from Manchester, so I have a good six hour car journey down to London and then a 2 hour flight to Turin. So my trip takes 8 hours sometimes 9 hours. Is that not a long way for me? don't be fooled because I live in England that it only takes 2 hours to get to Italy because I have alot of travelling to do.

Plus it costs me around £500 to fly to India and around £700 to fly to the states. I'm sure it's very similar flying the other way.
I'm not dodging any questions. It's a fact. Most people who've gone to college here have loans and they have bills. Of course everyone saves for going on trips but no idiot is going to save $1500 to blow it on a 3 day trip.

Also airline tickets for you are MUCH MUCH cheaper. There's not an airline here that even comes close to the rates offered by Ryan Air & EasyJet. I found that a fare from London to Stockholm and back on Ryan Air was ca $50....I can't even imagine travelling the same distance over here for that rate.

It costs about $1500 (at the cheapest) to fly to India and it costs around $900 to fly to Sweden...I assume a flight to Italy is around the same. Add in match tickets, lodging, food, and spending and you'll have end up spending at least
$1400. What idiot is gonna go to Italy and blow that much in 3 days?

Your cute and simple little view on other peoples lives and situations are narrow minded as hell. My dad was out of a job this summer but you're rigtht I should have spent my saved money on going to Italy to watch Del Piero kick about a ball while my mom has to bust her ass paying the bills. Yay, I'm a true fan :scarf:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i'm shocked no one stated that in some countries u need to get a visa to go just about any where and in many cases yr application is rejected bec having the money for a ticket, money for lodging, food etc is not enough u need a good steady income to show up on yr bank statement for u to get a visa to any where not just in italy. off course u can ask the parents to help u out but not every one has parents who will be more than willing to put in cash money into yr bank account for u to blow it on a trip lasting 3 days. also in some countries llike egypt its a bit tough compared to gulf states where the routine is much smoother compared to here.

i'm not implying that nick's approach to this topic is wrong but i doubt it applies to others here. every one has his own unique situation. some of us have to pay uni loans, some of us have huge debts, some of us have families and a totally different agenda, some of us cant leave abroad bec they have commitments they hate like serving for a year in the miliatry :D etc etc

bottom line is, its different for every one, even if they have the ability to make the trip.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nick hasn't taken in account the visa at all. I'm not sure he's familiar with how hard it is to get one for some people, as he as a British citizen probably never needed one. For me, getting a visa to Britain will probably be a hell of a lot harder than getting the money.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
There's a lot he hasn't taken into consideration. Visa issues don't even compare.
True. But you say that because you have Swedish citizenship :p

No seriously, if i had the money, the time and the willingness right now to go watch an Arsenal game, theres still only a 50-50 chance for me to be able to make the trip because of Visa issues.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm not dodging any questions. It's a fact. Most people who've gone to college here have loans and they have bills. Of course everyone saves for going on trips but no idiot is going to save $1500 to blow it on a 3 day trip.

Also airline tickets for you are MUCH MUCH cheaper. There's not an airline here that even comes close to the rates offered by Ryan Air & EasyJet. I found that a fare from London to Stockholm and back on Ryan Air was ca $50....I can't even imagine travelling the same distance over here for that rate.

It costs about $1500 (at the cheapest) to fly to India and it costs around $900 to fly to Sweden...I assume a flight to Italy is around the same. Add in match tickets, lodging, food, and spending and you'll have end up spending at least
$1400. What idiot is gonna go to Italy and blow that much in 3 days?

Your cute and simple little view on other peoples lives and situations are narrow minded as hell. My dad was out of a job this summer but you're rigtht I should have spent my saved money on going to Italy to watch Del Piero kick about a ball while my mom has to bust her ass paying the bills. Yay, I'm a true fan :scarf:
You should have came back to Sweden for your college years with it being free and all. Also, they have a great university in Uppsala as you already know.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
True. But you say that because you have Swedish citizenship :p

No seriously, if i had the money, the time and the willingness right now to go watch an Arsenal game, theres still only a 50-50 chance for me to be able to make the trip because of Visa issues.
I don't have Swedish citizenship...I have American citizenship :p

You should have came back to Sweden for your college years with it being free and all. Also, they have a great university in Uppsala as you already know.
The thought did cross my mind but I wanted to study Aviation Science and realistically my only option for that was to stay here.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I was 9 years old, who said anything about me not accepting? :p

I don't know why my old man didn't file for Scottish citizenship.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
After tax or before tax?

Because if you make more than 20k Pounds a year and you live in Croatia too, you'd be one rich fucker, and you can make the trip to Turin easily, no? :p

But i think its safer to assume you mean after tax.
I don't mean after tax. He says that he makes 12k after tax and I make more than that after tax. Plus I rent apartments which bring additional profit.
But I also have 3 more mouths to feed unlike him. And I don't have my parents paying for food and all :D

And going to Turin or some other place in Italy for a Juve match 2-3 times a year isn't a problem at all for me (money wise). It's relatively close and in the past I used to stay in Italy for 10,15,30 days. My problem is that now I can't really afford leaving my wife alone with the kids for 2-3 days just for my pleasure and that most of the time I can't find people willing to go to Turin with me to watch Juve :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)