What is your domestic football club that you cheer for? (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Don't go to Turin guys, save your money for a better trip. Make sure to take your ladies to a better city than Turin. I'll recommend New York or maybe a big city in China, there is no Juve over there but you'll have a whale of a time.
IMO, I like Torino better than NYC or any godawful brown-cloud-producing city in China.

They say "Made in China" for a reason, you know.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've seen both Chelsea and Real Madrid play live, does that mean I am a bigger fan of them than Juventus?

What if I travel to turin and watch Juventus play. I'm alot further away than you are, Nick so does that mean since I traveled five times the distance I would be five times the fan you are?
No. You'd just be spending five times as much as he is.

I'm deadly serious, if people who've been supporting a club for close to 10 years and not ventured to go and watch them then I see no excuse to be had. Can people not save for 5 years to be able to afford it? yes they can but they choose to spend there money on other things they want more than to see Juventus.
Nick, I could easily make a trip to Italy since I have a job and have saved much of my income. But I'm not going to blow $3000 on a trip to Italy right now. Why? Because people my age need to start saving again. I'm very lucky that I have zero debt to my name, and right now I want to keep it that way. Perhaps in a couple years if I have a better job and a decent amount of savings, I'll make the trip. Since I'm still young I have some wiggle room here.

I'm not sure what your personal finances are like, but if you're racking up credit card bills that you're struggling to pay off while still saving up for trips, you're insane. I see folks my age taking expensive trips while still owing a creditor thousands of dollars in student loans. It's madness. Perhaps these people are sadomasochists and love being debt slaves, but I don't.

So even while Juventus is a major part of our lives, the club is not more important than your personal finances and future. Anybody who says otherwise is most likely underwater on their mortgage or just an idiot.

If you are saving less than 20% of your income, you can't afford expensive trips that you don't need.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Here we go again..."I'm a better Juve fan than you are".

Pfft...I don't have to explain myself to Nicholas, who never went to college and has no concept of college loans ergo DEBT or Red the "I'm so cool I support a team where I happened to be geographically...so take that!".

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Andy :tup:

Classy answer. Thanfully I don't spend out of my means and I have no need for a Credit Card at my age.

Ze where did I say I was a bigger fan? I did not, so don't dodge what I said to just make it easy on yourself. Like I said were all beating a dead horse here.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Some one here already made a very good point that no one has the same expenses with rent, water and electricity bills, school, food, etc. Personally I don't have these expenses as they are all taken care of by my parents, but some of us aren't in the same situation like me. I have been at my job for 2 years now and it took me this same time to visit Juventus live. The trip I am taking next December to Torino to watch us against City, is costing me circa €500. Now we're talking about a 2 hour trip here from Malta to Italy. Imagine the difference of taking a trip from India or America now.

Try and put yourself in the same shoes as them Nick.

People who don't go and watch their teams live will always make excuses where as people who do go to watch their teams live will never understand them.
Not true.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I have to fly from London, because I can get no direct flights from Manchester, so I have a good six hour car journey down to London and then a 2 hour flight to Turin. So my trip takes 8 hours sometimes 9 hours. Is that not a long way for me? don't be fooled because I live in England that it only takes 2 hours to get to Italy because I have alot of travelling to do.

Plus it costs me around £500 to fly to India and around £700 to fly to the states. I'm sure it's very similar flying the other way.

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
Don't go to Turin guys, save your money for a better trip. Make sure to take your ladies to a better city than Turin. I'll recommend New York or maybe a big city in China, there is no Juve over there but you'll have a whale of a time.
Depends what you're looking for, Turin is a classy city: quiet and aristocratic.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I make more than you do.

Sucker :D
After tax or before tax?

Because if you make more than 20k Pounds a year and you live in Croatia too, you'd be one rich fucker, and you can make the trip to Turin easily, no? :p

But i think its safer to assume you mean after tax.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ya its clear now how you can go watch games in Turin and others can't.

Lets not forget you don't pay rent too, so i don't really understand what you mean when you say the cost of living is high. IIRC you live with your parents.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Plus it costs me around £500 to fly to India and around £700 to fly to the states. I'm sure it's very similar flying the other way.
Not really, at least from where i am atm, the trip would be this way: Barranquilla -> Bogota -> Washington -> Frankfurt -> Torino.

And the cheaper ticket i could find was US $2.544.

Not to mention that it's 20 hr 40 min of flight. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)