What Happened To Manchester United (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Ian said:
What happened to United? Well, Fergusen is pure crap and everyone is realising it fianlly.
He's never been a clever coach, just an excellent motivator with a knack for building a team ethos. That used to be enough, but Wenger started to push him hard for the past few years. Utd's budget seems to have finally started winning that one - Arsenal suck this year.

And, Glazier is satan incarnate.
Perhaps. I expected Satan to be taller though. Doesn't mean squat in football. There's no "i" in Glazer though.

The supporters are alienated
FC United of Manchester are getting ~3000 fans at games, while Manchester United recently expanded the stadium, which is still selling out. Man Utd fans are whiny SOBs, but so are most football fans.

the players suck
The players suck, Fergie sucks - how the heck are they second in England right now? Must be that satanic influence from Glazer.

and the management is more worried about 500m in debt than about winning. Oh yeah, and they know they can't beat Chelsea anyway...
They just spent £12,000,000 in the transfer market and are thought to have promised Fergie another £20,000,000 in the summer. I realise that Roma, Lazio, Leeds, et al have never been too bothered about spending money they don't have, but Man Utd are one of the few clubs who genuinely have the money to do that kind of thing.

The best Liverpool team in fifteen years can only keep in touch with them and the most rampant team in English history (look at their points totals) in Chelsea is still within reeling in distance if they start to slip. Utd's crisis is the most over-hyped misrepresentation I've ever seen in football outside of England's World Cup chances, but that's another set of... hang on - that's the same set of newspapers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Good post, mikhail. Agreed on a number of levels.

Well, except this one: they got eliminated in the group stage by a weak Benfica squad.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
swag said:
Good post, mikhail. Agreed on a number of levels.

Well, except this one: they got eliminated in the group stage by a weak Benfica squad.
Yeah. I think the current United team is less consistant than the older ones. That's why you're seeing results like that. It might improve over the next couple of years, or it might be a lasting psychological weakness, much like Inter's.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Byrone said:
Well if Utd continue to make crap signings like djemba-djemba & kleberson, nothing will improve!
Or to think of it another way, if they continue to buy quality like Rooney and Heinze, they'll get it right eventually. :tongue:

It'll be interesting to see how Evra and this other defender they've just signed will work out.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
mikhail said:
Or to think of it another way, if they continue to buy quality like Rooney and Heinze, they'll get it right eventually. :tongue:

It'll be interesting to see how Evra and this other defender they've just signed will work out.
As much as i dispise Utd, they are a club with great tradition & committed fans, so they will eventually come out of their current crisis.

Evra should do well, ive always rated him. I see on skysports that cristiano ronaldo rejected the chance to come to juve. What a pity!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Byrone said:
Evra should do well, ive always rated him.
A lot of people seem to.

I see on skysports that cristiano ronaldo rejected the chance to come to juve. What a pity!
I wouldn't lose any sleep over him - I couldn't see him suiting Juve anyway. If he leaves Man Utd, I imagine he'll go to Spain.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Byrone said:
Who's your choice as the player to replace nedved mikhail?
Ronaldinho.

Black to reality! I'm not sure. Some of the options people mention are playing in Serie A where I don't get to see much of them. Many others haven't struck me as rounded enough yet. Gerrard is probably the best candidate I've seen play enough to make a pronouncement on, but there are others - Aimar in particular.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
This really is the perfect time for them to change managers isnt it? The old generation is moving on, Alex Ferguson is slowly becoming more and more irrelevant to results. The squad, including Fergie is finding trouble evolving to adjust to the development of the Chelsea phenomenon.

On one hand, Man U are the only club who could possibly challenge Chelsea's financial dominance.

Im sorry for Chelsea though. Trophies for money. How much can one celebrate for that?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
mikhail said:
Ronaldinho.

Black to reality! I'm not sure. Some of the options people mention are playing in Serie A where I don't get to see much of them. Many others haven't struck me as rounded enough yet. Gerrard is probably the best candidate I've seen play enough to make a pronouncement on, but there are others - Aimar in particular.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ronaldinho or Gerrard would be dream, but most unlikely.Aimar is extremely talented but he's so fragile.Have you seen Frank Ribery? Now thats a player worth looking at!:agree:

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Layce Erayce said:
This really is the perfect time for them to change managers isnt it? The old generation is moving on, Alex Ferguson is slowly becoming more and more irrelevant to results. The squad, including Fergie is finding trouble evolving to adjust to the development of the Chelsea phenomenon.

:agree:

Quite right! They need to bring on the changes considering that they have a couple of poor seasons by their standards.

On one hand, Man U are the only club who could possibly challenge Chelsea's financial dominance.

Well with Mr Glazer thats another story!

Im sorry for Chelsea though. Trophies for money. How much can one celebrate for that?
Just remember that the major players like Lampard,Terry & Cole where there before Abramovic brought his loot over.Chelsea have always had great teams but just didn't have that cutting edge & Mourinho was the man to bring it to them!
I understand what ur saying,but lets give Mourinho & co the respect they derserve!

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
mourinho deserves respect for the job he has done getting results, but he acts like a prick the rest of the time. and the hundreds of millions do help. it would be interesting to compare the cost of the current Juve side to Chelsea....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
What happened to Man Utd? The same thing that happens to a lot of big teams. They're on top of the world for a while but that can't last forever and eventually they go into a slump. It's happening to Real Madrid as well.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
HWIENIAWSKI said:
mourinho deserves respect for the job he has done getting results, but he acts like a prick the rest of the time. and the hundreds of millions do help. it would be interesting to compare the cost of the current Juve side to Chelsea....
I think he acts that way to deflect attention from his players. Instead of interviews with Joe Cole asking him if he's happy taking his blood money to sit on the bench, the media's obsessed with Mourinho's hair.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
mikhail said:
He's never been a clever coach, just an excellent motivator with a knack for building a team ethos. That used to be enough, but Wenger started to push him hard for the past few years. Utd's budget seems to have finally started winning that one - Arsenal suck this year.

Perhaps. I expected Satan to be taller though. Doesn't mean squat in football. There's no "i" in Glazer though.

FC United of Manchester are getting ~3000 fans at games, while Manchester United recently expanded the stadium, which is still selling out. Man Utd fans are whiny SOBs, but so are most football fans.

The players suck, Fergie sucks - how the heck are they second in England right now? Must be that satanic influence from Glazer.

They just spent £12,000,000 in the transfer market and are thought to have promised Fergie another £20,000,000 in the summer. I realise that Roma, Lazio, Leeds, et al have never been too bothered about spending money they don't have, but Man Utd are one of the few clubs who genuinely have the money to do that kind of thing.

The best Liverpool team in fifteen years can only keep in touch with them and the most rampant team in English history (look at their points totals) in Chelsea is still within reeling in distance if they start to slip. Utd's crisis is the most over-hyped misrepresentation I've ever seen in football outside of England's World Cup chances, but that's another set of... hang on - that's the same set of newspapers.
Too bad I have to spread rep before I can rep you again

Geof

May 14, 2004
Dan said:
Too bad I have to spread rep before I can rep you again
same problem here!

I would rep you Mik, but it seems I can't....

How's utd in a crisis? they're second, behind Chelsea. Okay, being eliminated in the CL isn't good, but hey. It's far from A crisis

Layce Erayce said:
QUOTE]

true. Fergie had this special relationship with Scholes, Keane, Giggs,...

ManU should really consider a new manager. Not sack Fergie like an old piece of trash, mind you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)