What Happened To Manchester United (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Hey mate,

I've read an article related to this subject before afew days that explains the whole thing saying that EPL is composed of consecutive eras...

Read it here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decline and fall of English footballing empires

All good things come to an end Are United and Arsenal declining like the giants of the past?

The Premiership lived similar periods of time that's controled by only one club, and here are the deatails:

Leeds United 1968-1974

What they achieved Twice champions (three times runners-up), once FA Cup winners in a six-season period.

Then what Did not finish in the top three until 1992 when they won last First Division title before creation of the Premiership.

Liverpool 1975-1990

What they achieved 10-times champions (four times runners-up); twice FA Cup winners and European champions on four occasions (1977, 1978, 1981 and 1984) in 15-year period.

Then what Have not won a championship since 1990, twice FA Cup winners.

Everton 1983-87

What they achieved Twice champions (once runners-up) and once FA Cup winners in four-year period. Also won the European Cup-Winners' Cup.

Then what Have not finished in top three since. One FA Cup win over 10 years ago.

Manchester United 1992-2003

What they achieved Eight times champions (and twice runners-up), three times FA Cup winners and European champions once (1999).

Then what Finished third in the last two seasons, won FA Cup in 2004.

Arsenal 1997-2004

What they achieved Three times champions (and four times runners-up) and three times FA Cup winners over a seven-year period.

Then finished second and won FA Cup.

Chelsea 2005-??

OP
Temimi

Temimi

Don-Fabio
Dec 21, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    yeah it was kinda funny :p
    here in kuwait most of ma friends support man united and they realy do hate juve soo that day against benficia was a hell of a day

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    It's all about the business cycle, you know. You have your ups and downs. Let's hope that Manure stays "down" for a while. Glazor has so far done a great job. Let him continue on his jerney of destroying the club.

Real Madrid shall go in the same direction.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    Elnur_E65 said:
    It's all about the business cycle, you know. You have your ups and downs. Let's hope that Manure stays "down" for a while. Glazor has so far done a great job. Let him continue on his jerney of destroying the club.

Real Madrid shall go in the same direction.
    They´ve been there for a couple of years already. to be serious 2 sec I believe that they will come out of it in 2 years...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Holygr4le said:
    They´ve been there for a couple of years already. to be serious 2 sec I believe that they will come out of it in 2 years...
    Just like MU is overshadowed by Chelski, Real is by mighty Barcelona, still undefeated since September in all competitions.

So as long as Barca is as strong as it is today- Real's performance will not be appreciated imo.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Man Utd aren't all that much weaker than in the past. Sure, they're less consistant, but consider that in the middle of their "crisis", they're still second in England behind a rampant Chelsea team who are among the best in Europe. Sure, Scholes and Giggs are getting on, but so are Thuram, Nedved and Del Piero. Fergie's ridden the storm better than I imagined he would and I wouldn't be surprised to see them rise again in a year or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)