What do you think Lapo! (1 Viewer)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
He's not much different from Agnelli senior to be honest. Both Gianni and Umberto were always vocal about their opinions. They came up with 'coniglio bagnato' for Baggio, 'Godot' for DP, that Zidane was 'nice to watch but not effective' and lots of potshots towards our players.

So why were they allowed to say those things and Lapo no? Better than having a diplomatic person like Moratti who always tries to justify his players and team.
Both Agnelli seniors earned their rights to be vocal about the team. Lapo Elkann and Fabio Capello did what they did because they can. The comparison with Moratti is clutching at straws.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Why can't Elkan turn FIAT around and give Juve a truck load of quid then perhaps he may open his mouth from time to time.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++

Both Agnelli seniors earned their rights to be vocal about the team. Lapo Elkann and Fabio Capello did what they did because they can. The comparison with Moratti is clutching at straws.
What does Capello have to do with it?

And anyway this was hyped up by the media as he was just having a conversation with someone and a journalist overheard him...he would not have stated that in public, at least not yet.

Eagle - why is it ironic? :confused:

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
hey people how the fvck can you belive this shyt.!! stop it, its clear that it was all invented by the newspaper, read jeekz post it says that today lapo wrote a letter to the gazzeta denying everything and the only things that he talked about where the new punto and music!

OP
Luigito

Luigito

Mar 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    i think that Lapo said that, but maybe Moggi or some of the juve board tell him that he cant said that in public

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Got this article from Aftonbladet.se

ZLATAN CAN FORCE AWAY THE FAN-FAVORITE

Big fight in Juventus: “Del Piero is a luxury we can’t afford”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has ousted Alessandro Del Piero for good. A big fight has broken out surrounding the benched star.
    - Del Piero is a luxury we can no longer afford, says Lapo Elkann of the Juventus owner-family.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has only after a season in Juventus become one of [teams] most profiled player. But at the cost of Alessandro Del Piero, the clubs star for so many years. Fabio Capello has benched the “il Pinturicchio” in Zlatans advantage. But now the situation has become untenable.
    - Del Piero costs more than he tastes, says Lapo Elkann.
    The Fiat-inheritance directed yesterdays “Il Giornale” strong criticism torwards Alessandro Del Piero and the Juventus management, because they haven’t sold [him].

Big Influence

Members of the Juventus owner-family, the Fiat-clan Agnelli, have always been strong participants in how the club is run. Even since the decrease of involvement after the death of the legendary Giani Agnalli, Lapo Elkann has been there and has been involved and had his say.

- Del Piero is a luxury we can’t afford any more, says Elkann to “Il Giornale”.
    Ever since Zlatan took the former black-white icons place and now that David Trezeguet is healthy, Del Piero has been on the bench and the money is ticking – big money. He earns 5 million Euros … Lao Elkann means that Juventus can not continue to throw away money on a player that’s turning 31 in November and is at the end of his carrier.
    - Fiat’s wallet is more important than Juves’, says Elkann.
    A crystal clear message to Moggi, Giraudo and Bettega, the three on top [of the management] : in January the owners want to see a big saving, den Del Piero will be sold.
    - With the quick success of Zlatan, the Juventus management regrets that they gave Del Piero such a fat contract and all the way till 2008, says a source in Turin to Sportbladet.

Took Del Piero in defense

If the club sells Del Piero than they avoid unhappy owners. But the problem with the fans will remain. With many of those that love and honor Del Piero the anger is now growing. Reactions to Lapo Elkanns comments became immediate and strong…teammates took Del Piero in defense. Emerson expressed himself on yesterday’s press conference…
    - Ale is a teammate and belongs to Juve. Question is for how long.

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
    For these guys its all about the money...

This Del Piero saga is starting to become really intense and I see it turning into a battle between the fans/players and the owners.

It's true Del Piero costs too much for what he shows on the pitch but, as an icon of passion he's priceless to the Juveninti. The owners are only interested in financial profit.

Its make or break this season. He must find the form he was starting to show at the end of last season.. otherwise il capitano may have to leave. Where? I don't know..

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by iBianconeri ] ++
    Got this article from Aftonbladet.se

ZLATAN CAN FORCE AWAY THE FAN-FAVORITE

Big fight in Juventus: “Del Piero is a luxury we can’t afford”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has ousted Alessandro Del Piero for good. A big fight has broken out surrounding the benched star.
    - Del Piero is a luxury we can no longer afford, says Lapo Elkann of the Juventus owner-family.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has only after a season in Juventus become one of [teams] most profiled player. But at the cost of Alessandro Del Piero, the clubs star for so many years. Fabio Capello has benched the “il Pinturicchio” in Zlatans advantage. But now the situation has become untenable.
    - Del Piero costs more than he tastes, says Lapo Elkann.
    The Fiat-inheritance directed yesterdays “Il Giornale” strong criticism torwards Alessandro Del Piero and the Juventus management, because they haven’t sold [him].

Big Influence

Members of the Juventus owner-family, the Fiat-clan Agnelli, have always been strong participants in how the club is run. Even since the decrease of involvement after the death of the legendary Giani Agnalli, Lapo Elkann has been there and has been involved and had his say.

- Del Piero is a luxury we can’t afford any more, says Elkann to “Il Giornale”.
    Ever since Zlatan took the former black-white icons place and now that David Trezeguet is healthy, Del Piero has been on the bench and the money is ticking – big money. He earns 5 million Euros … Lao Elkann means that Juventus can not continue to throw away money on a player that’s turning 31 in November and is at the end of his carrier.
    - Fiat’s wallet is more important than Juves’ , says Elkann.
    A crystal clear message to Moggi, Giraudo and Bettega, the three on top [of the management] : in January the owners want to see a big saving, den Del Piero will be sold.
    - With the quick success of Zlatan, the Juventus management regrets that they gave Del Piero such a fat contract and all the way till 2008, says a source in Turin to Sportbladet.

Took Del Piero in defense

If the club sells Del Piero than they avoid unhappy owners. But the problem with the fans will remain. With many of those that love and honor Del Piero the anger is now growing. Reactions to Lapo Elkanns comments became immediate and strong…teammates took Del Piero in defense. Emerson expressed himself on yesterday’s press conference…
    - Ale is a teammate and belongs to Juve. Question is for how long.
    :fero: I dont know about Fiat that much. But from where I come from Fiat is non-existant! I dont know about Europe but I believe its an ailing company.:fero:

Anyhow I think this whole thing is blown out of Proportion. The only result from this fiasco is it proved how Lapo is a jerk. Other than that everything will be fine **crosses fingers**

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++

:fero: I dont know about Fiat that much. But from where I come from Fiat is non-existant! I dont know about Europe but I believe its an ailing company.:fero:

Anyhow I think this whole thing is blown out of Proportion. The only result from this fiasco is it proved how Lapo is a jerk. Other than that everything will be fine **crosses fingers**
    Man the article is taken from Aftonbladet, you don't want me to tell you what is this newspaper like :D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Swedish newspapers aren't the most unbiased source so I don't really understand why you used that.

You do have an enormous amount of quick launch icons on your desktop though :D

OP
    Luigito

Luigito

Mar 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    that two goals are for you Lapo

Forza Alex
    Forza JUve

175 goals in Juve , 5 more are you are the record man Alex, to pass the 179 Bonniperti goals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)