ok , i know this is going to be veeeeeeeeeery
senstive subject, and i just want from this thread
to clear some wrong ideas which people have about
islam...

cuz i found out that many people , and im not saying here,
but all over the world have negative and bad ideas about islam
and i just want to correct this as much as i can. i want
to seperate about what the tru islam is , and the people
who uses the name of islam , either terrorist or Politicians.

but before i start i want to ask you if you want me to go on
this, also i would be happy if u agreed..

if happened that this thread will find its way ,
i want just to ask other people who wants to help
about correcting not just to post , we don't want
to add more confusion for the people here . so plz if i said
anything wrong or u have more things so plz just send me private message , and i will add it here . i want everything here to be clear for everybody and Organized...

and as i said b4 , i will be more than happy to answer any quistion u have , and explain anything u want to know as much as i know , even if i didn't know , i will search for the answer...
and more important than all that

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL THREAD, SO DON'T MIX

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I know virtually nothing about Islam but I'm not one of those people who likes to generalise, I know most muslims are good peaceful caring folk who just want to get on with their lives like the rest of us. As with english football hooligans there are the odd few that sour the reputation

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
This is a highly sensitive topic and I'll let it live but the moment anything occurs that even resembles an argument in the slightest way or if this thread turns into a political discussion, I'll have to close it.

7. Post content
We wish to set a certain standard for the forums and certains kinds of topics are simply unacceptable. Your posts are not allowed to contain political or sexual content, insults or offending accusations. Since the theme of this forum is Juve, we do not accept members offending past or present Juve players or staff. And another thing, if you choose to register here only to insult the team or players or forum members and you nothing constructive to say at all, your post(s) will be removed rapidly.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Here's what I know:

1) Islam is not so different from Christianity, in fact, it shares a lot of the same values

2) Jihad resembles the battle against yourself to withstand the temptations of this earth rather than the battle against non-muslims (which terrorists claim it means).

3) Most muslims live in Indonesia, not in the Middle-East (not really relevant but I just thought I'd add it to the list)

Am I anywhere near correct?

OP
bahraini

bahraini

May 20, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    This is a highly sensitive topic and I'll let it live but the moment anything occurs that even resembles an argument in the slightest way or if this thread turns into a political discussion, I'll have to close it.
    i really appreciate that , and im very thankful for that
    and ill do my best to stop the arguments .
    about the point u mentioned, they r all right..:)

Hydde...
    read what i wrote , i just wanted to clear some negative
    ideas , which people have about islam
    and thats it , nothing more nothing less
    so i think there is nothing wrong with that??
    am i right or not?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by bahraini ] ++
    i really appreciate that , and im very thankful for that
    and ill do my best to stop the arguments .
    Do that - all the mods will keep an eye open as well but we're all civilised people here so hopefully it will all be precautions in vain.

about the point u mentioned, they r all right..:)
    Great, then I'm on course! I always feel I should do some research into the facts before I form an opinion.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by bahraini ] ++
    cuz i found out that many people , and im not saying here,
    but all over the world have negative and bad ideas about islam
    I think that's mostly in the US.

In Oslo there are a a lot of Muslims, more or less everybody views it like just any oher religion.

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
    يعطيك العافية أخوي بحريني على هالموضوع الحلو
    و أرجو أنك تستمر فيه....و بنحاول قدر الإمكان أنا ندعمك

:thumb: :)

والله يكون في عونا

OP
    bahraini

bahraini

May 20, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

I think that's mostly in the US.

In Oslo there are a a lot of Muslims, more or less everybody views it like just any oher religion.
    no dear , its not only in the US,
    its even here , and in every muslim country in the world
    many people have negative idea about islam .

and the thanx alot Merma for ur support,
    and enshallah i will try my best
    :angel:

OP
    bahraini

bahraini

May 20, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    so from now on , i will post some of the most important
    points about islam , i mean in general , and i said before
    if anyone has any quistion , ill be glad to answer it...

so my first point is that islam is mostly about Morality..
    how we deal with life and everything exsits in this life..

in my opinion , that we can find most of the meanings
    in one HADEETH ,
    HADEETH, is what our prophet said, even hadeeth is devided
    by two sections ,
    1- HADEETH QUDSI , which means hadeeth which was said by god .
    2- HADEETH BY THE PROPTHET

and i will not go on this point cuz its not what i want , and if some one wants me to explain ill it , i just wanted to tell u the diffrence if i said only hadeeth , or hadeeth qudsi....

so we r back agin on the hadeeth which i wanted to tell u about..

المسلم من سلم المسلمون من لسانه ويده
    al muslim man salima al muslemoon min lisaneh wa yadeh

meaing :

the true muslim is the one who keeps the people safe from his hand and his tounge...

so its alot if you think about , and in other hadeeths it give more details , like don't call others bad names , don't lie , don't hurt people by ur words or ur hands , don't kill , don't steal , etc..

it says alot in very few words which everyone can live in safe and peace in this life...

i will not go more for now , not to make the people confused
    just the main point and make it as short as possible for everybody to understand , and i will continue with other points about islam ;)

CuTe-17

Jun 17, 2003
    That's a pretty sensitive topic,but it's nice to see u intrested in sharing your ideas with everyone in this forum...

it is a wonderfull idea...keep it up :)

BUT ........

BE CARFULL...

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Uh... some sensitive shit...

I have some islamic friends, and they, like you (Bahraini) are also very concerned that many just consider them terrorists or something like that.

I am not religious myself, but I really don't see the big difference in christianity and islam. I respect everyone... and remember, people who doesn't are a silly bunch of nutters who should only be ignored.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    There is no reason why Islam or any other religion can not be discussed. Most of the problems that religion issues caused and are causing all over the world is because PPL from the other religion have no interest and no knowledge about the "other" religion.

On the other hand, this is a FOOTBALL forum. If anyone is not sure about his/hers reaction to the topic, do not forget that most of you have Juve as a connection point that puts you together in this place. Dont you simply find it amasing that you will find fans of Juve (or many other teams) coming from all walks of life, all religions, all ideologies and so on?

Unifying force of football overrides religion, ideology, philosophy and erases social differencies between ppl.

Now thats a religion worth talking about ;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I think I know quite a bit about Islam actually. I'm an ateist, but I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina which is mostly an islamic country.

I think most things in the Qur'an are quite logical, and have less to do with religion and more with practical life. Islam is the youngest of the worlds 4 main religions so it had the "experience" of the religions before and was able to make corrections. For example, abdest (I dont know what it's called in english, basically it's the washing of the body before praying, going into mosques) has very little to do with religion but much more with simply sel hygiene. The praying itself is actually a mean of excersising, pigs meat is forbidden only because at the time oigs were considered very dirty animals that carry diseases, etc...

So I think whoever wrote the Qur'an (as I said I dont believe in God) made it very logical, and useful in daily life.

Am I right bahraini?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++
    pigs meat is forbidden only because at the time oigs were considered very dirty animals that carry diseases, etc...
    Are you saying there is no reason not to eat pork now?

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
    I know little bits about islam....I have a lot of friends who are from Bahrain and Pakistan who have had arranged marriages and are now settled in England. My boyfriend, who is West Indian lives in an area that is mainly Indian people, some of his family are muslim.....

OP
    bahraini

bahraini

May 20, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++
    I think I know quite a bit about Islam actually. I'm an ateist, but I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina which is mostly an islamic country.

I think most things in the Qur'an are quite logical, and have less to do with religion and more with practical life. Islam is the youngest of the worlds 4 main religions so it had the "experience" of the religions before and was able to make corrections. For example, abdest (I dont know what it's called in english, basically it's the washing of the body before praying, going into mosques) has very little to do with religion but much more with simply sel hygiene. The praying itself is actually a mean of excersising, pigs meat is forbidden only because at the time oigs were considered very dirty animals that carry diseases, etc...

So I think whoever wrote the Qur'an (as I said I dont believe in God) made it very logical, and useful in daily life.

Am I right bahraini?

mmmmm , look dear , its hard to tell u about something
    which u don't believe in , cuz qur'an has written by god
    which u don't believe in , and it's or prophet's miracle.
    and how it's miracle , cuz its written in a the same langauge
    which arab talks , but at the same time , the couldn't
    write something simmilar in the way it was said , and the deep
    meaning it has....

so if we drop the part of god which u don't believe in ,
    and maybe u believe in logical odeas more ,
    qur'an was written 1400 years ago , and the values
    , the ideas , the meaning , still exsit till our day , and
    everyday , not only muslim also non-muslim Scientists find
    new meanings which were not understood before. surprisingly , it describe things which was descoverd lately,
    for example cloning. better example , the qur'an described exactly the process of birth, from the very first moment that the man meets a woman , till the baby comes out. and that was said 1400 years ago , and when was all the process descovered??
    so its either was written by someone who knew everything but refused to tell the people on that time , or by super power.

and as u said dear , its so logical that can convience u ,
    and focus on orgnizing life, more than relgious thing , cuz that we were learned by our prophet....

and for u Alex , i will search for the answer u want, i know the answer but i want to be so sure to tell u the exact answer..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)