What Car Do You Drive? (16 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I see G-Wagons around here so much I hate them.

I get that they're awesome off road. But here they are like the ultimate housewife car.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
$200k (cad) ultimate housewife car lol. What’s the world coming too?

It’s the same with half the off-roading type vehicles here. Housewives driving them around. Bizarre.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
First time I took my new car out before beefing it up a little I took it up a very steep and rough road into the mountains with some pretty heavy cross ditching. Came down one of them just a wee bit too quickly and managed to bend the rad support up which caused the hood latch to be pushed up by a good 3/8”. 2:
Have you ever been to Iceland?

They drive real life monster trucks.

I drove a regular sort of jeep there. Don't even remember the brand. But I do know I could drive it through very deep water, you could cross rivers in it. I have to say it was pretty daunting at first.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
$200k (cad) ultimate housewife car lol. What’s the world coming too?

It’s the same with half the off-roading type vehicles here. Housewives driving them around. Bizarre.
It is downright infuriating.

I honestly don't understand why they get it. Because if you want something obnoxious that actually drives okay, you could get a Defender. Maybe it's slightly worse off road, but no one is off roading here. I guess the Defender is not expensive enough or something.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Any cheap recommendations for a SUV- I want a 4WD car with reasonable capabilites in the winter and to climb up monutains if there’s a little bit of snow around.

I love my 3 series, but it’s RWD and I don’t trust it in winter conditions at all.
If you are looking for new or relatively new and still reasonable fuel economy, the Toyota RAV4 Trail or the Subaru Forester/Outback Wilderness editions are your best bet imo. I don’t have experience with it myself, but I’ve also heard good things about the Mazda CX-50 Meridian.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever been to Iceland?

They drive real life monster trucks.

I drove a regular sort of jeep there. Don't even remember the brand. But I do know I could drive it through very deep water, you could cross rivers in it. I have to say it was pretty daunting at first.

I haven’t. Sounds pretty funny. I have a couple friends who have heavily-modded Tacomas for overlanding, snorkels and everything for river crossings. It’s a strange experience to cross deep water in a vehicle for sure

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If you are looking for new or relatively new and still reasonable fuel economy, the Toyota RAV4 Trail or the Subaru Forester/Outback Wilderness editions are your best bet imo. I don’t have experience with it myself, but I’ve also heard good things about the Mazda CX-50 Meridian.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven’t. Sounds pretty funny. I have a couple friends who have heavily-modded Tacomas for overlanding, snorkels and everything for river crossings. It’s a strange experience to cross deep water in a vehicle for sure
Driving there is great fun, because you get to drive not just through rivers but through vulcanic areas too. I can only describe it as driving and drifting in an ash desert really.

But it's pretty much my only off road experience. I don't think many Europeans ever do it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Only the upper tier models of the new Bronco are good off-road. The Bronco Sport in all its iterations performs pretty poorly off-road for what it claims.

But the Badlands and above for the new Bronco give some pretty great off road performance. Starts at $70ish K all in and up though. The top tier Bronco Rapter is up above $115k iirc.

Jeeps do well off road, but they’re so cheaply built outside that. I’d want to be an amateur mechanic if I had one.

G-Wagon would be the dream vehicle if I had $200k plus to burn on a vehicle.
to be fair the Bronco sport is not a bronco, it’s a ford escape with a different body on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Any cheap recommendations for a SUV- I want a 4WD car with reasonable capabilites in the winter and to climb up monutains if there’s a little bit of snow around.

I love my 3 series, but it’s RWD and I don’t trust it in winter conditions at all.
You could probably get around with an awd 3 series if that’s all you need it for.

But the extra height will be nice for snow, I prefer driving the cx-30 on snow compared to my 330 because it eats up the snow and ice a lot smoother.

Just gotta decide whether you want something nimble or something big and comfy. There’s a lot of options out there.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
In wintery conditions, more important than an AWD system, are snow tires. In fact nowadays you can buy all season “snow rated” tires which you can drive all year round.
AFAIK, a RWD car with snow tires (or all season snow rated tires), has better traction than an AWD with regular tires.
Of get an AWD with snow tires.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
In wintery conditions, more important than an AWD system, are snow tires. In fact nowadays you can buy all season “snow rated” tires which you can drive all year round.
AFAIK, a RWD car with snow tires (or all season snow rated tires), has better traction than an AWD with regular tires.
Of get an AWD with snow tires.
That might be cheapest option lol.
Get snow tires for the winter and the Michelin Pilot Sports in the summer. Right now I have RFTs :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)