What Car Do You Drive? (3 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
yeah you are right was a typo. cx3 was what i meant.

these mazdas are very nice though. underrated in terms of what they offer for price.
Agreed. They're nice inside, but I think they look great outside as well. Car reviewers seem less enthusiastic about the CX60 engines though, but that's a hybrid.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Obviously Skoda aren't the cars you dream of as a kid, but I had a Skoda Fabio for 7 years and for the money it was absolutely fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

German cars are not reliable. In fact they are among the most likely to leave you stranded. Usually it's something to do with the electronics, simply because they have so much fancy tech. BMW's are so boring. Everyone drives them.

The Jeep doesn't seem to be a great car though. Honestly the only Jeep I'd buy is the Wrangler and the entertainment value is worth half its price.

- - - Updated - - -

If he's looking at Jeep, the Mazda CX5 or even CX60 would make more sense.
Newer BMWs are pretty reliable. The B58 engine is a fantastic engine, so much so that Toyota uses it in the Mk5 Supra. The ZF8 speed used in many BMWs is also one of the best out out there.
Gone are the days where you would get high pressure fuel pump failures on the N54 engine- which was the first turbocharged inline six that BMW mass produced. They’ve come a long way since then.

BMW has placed pretty high in some recent reliability rankings, coming in third overall in last years Consumer Reports Reliability ranking, just behind Toyota and Lexus, and beating Honda and Acura.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...who-makes-the-most-reliable-cars-a7824554938/

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Newer BMWs are pretty reliable. The B58 engine is a fantastic engine, so much so that Toyota uses it in the Mk5 Supra. The ZF8 speed used in many BMWs is also one of the best out out there.
Gone are the days where you would get high pressure fuel pump failures on the N54 engine- which was the first turbocharged inline six that BMW mass produced. They’ve come a long way since then.

BMW has placed pretty high in some recent reliability rankings, coming in third overall in last years Consumer Reports Reliability ranking, just behind Toyota and Lexus, and beating Honda and Acura.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...who-makes-the-most-reliable-cars-a7824554938/
This, thank you. I’d say BMWs built in the 2010s and forward have been very reliable. I think the issues are just more magnified because you’re driving a premium car

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

The ZF8 is also used in the Stelvio I believe and it is indeed pretty awesome.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
these mazdas are very nice though. underrated in terms of what they offer for price.
the only recurring issue with them is rust. i've seen an almost brand new 3 with like 12k km and the suspension, exhaust system had rusty parts. local mazda dealer has the best wheel aligner equipment in town, he told some horror stories while he was setting up my accord. he says that the road salt might have a huge impact on them even during the 1st winter, and he even developed a business based on the rusty new mazdas, as plenty of new mazda owners bring their brand new cars to him for anti rust protection lol. good for him i guess

also avoid diesels. the last time my car mechanic guy did the yearly maintenance of my accord he gave me a ride back home in a diesel 6. it had ~130-140k km and a replaced engine lol. diesel is not an issue in us/canada though

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I am beginning to like the big grills. The iX looks beautiful.
It doesn't.

There are plenty of those around here. It's a truly hideous car. Don't get me wrong. Almost all BMW's are ugly. But the IX is exceptionally ugly. It's difficult to believe how ugly it is when you first stand in front of it. It just looks so crude.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This is what peak BMW design looks like imo.
The 2018 M3 CS

70430A22-9168-4814-8A4A-8E56AC8E2165.jpeg
It looks like BMW just doesn't have the right design language for their SUV's yet. Their sedans are maybe a bit boring, but they are mostly good looking cars.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
This is what peak BMW design looks like imo.
The 2018 M3 CS

70430A22-9168-4814-8A4A-8E56AC8E2165.jpeg
This F30 definitely looks beautiful but this generation just didn’t have the fantastic steering feel that the previous generations had.

The current generation is wonderful on the inside and the steering feel is better than the last generation (F30) but not like that of the e46 or e90.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
But the

This F30 definitely looks beautiful but this generation just didn’t have the fantastic steering feel that the previous generations had.

The current generation is wonderful on the inside and the steering feel is better than the last generation (F30) but not like that of the e46 or e90.
Which is what hurts the most. I’d buy the G80 in a heartbeat if it was better looking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)